Jobs for INFJ's and INFP's.

Not2bforgot10

Community Member
Jan 15, 2009
MBTI
xNFJ
Enneagram
3w4 SX
Hey, I'm wondering what sort of jobs are available for INFJ's and INFP's? I have read a few lists online, but I am looking to hear from people personally... what do you do (Please be BRIEF). I am really curious in finding myself a niche... as I feel I have plenty, but "what kind of work is out there for myself," I ask?

...I just graduated with my BA in psychology and have a ton of experience in mental health, and most definitely, plenty of knowledge, and I still can't seem to find a job... the jobs I have been applying for are residential counselors who work in group homes... Unfortunately there isn't a psychiatric hospital here, and so I can't be a psychiatric tech :( Moreover, I do not have my MA yet so I cannot be a therapist.

I was considering coaching... and I would love (wish) there was a paid "mentor" position.

I want to do something creative, as I am a highly creative individual. I do not want to work in sales anymore, as I've done that most of my life... I want to work somewhere where I can be creative and supervision is NOT tight... I want to be able to self-lead/direct.

teacher- psychology/religion/philosophy/art/sociology
but which one?

or a rock star

i havn't decided yet

... i want to be manager of my own computer repair shop... but i don't know how to get started except business by word-of-mouth...

but these are my only options thus far...

Last edited:
Ouch, I got my BA in psychology 4 years ago. It's tough finding a job unless you want to go and get your PhD.

I am actually going back to school and getting my masters in library and information science. Right now, I work as a legal assistant and find the work extremely mundane...

How about politics? Lately I've realized that the only way that I can achieve change in the world is by having some kind of power/influence. I've been thinking alot about that lately.

Maybe facillitate groups? You can be very creative with the activities you have during your groups.

I work with a woman who facillitates groups and she works on crafts with her clients that have to do with the topic for the session. It's cool.

Generally the psychology bachelor can get you a job in a psych ward...

Yay, this is helping me, too!

I'm going to work for the RSPCA, and save animals for a living =3

Good for you!

I really want to do something with teaching. While I do love research, it can be too impersonal for me at times. I need to be able to connect with people as well. I think anything with teaching is great for INFJ's. For INFP's I dont think it is as good of an option though.

I really want to do something with teaching. While I do love research, it can be too impersonal for me at times. I need to be able to connect with people as well. I think anything with teaching is great for INFJ's. For INFP's I dont think it is as good of an option though.

Why not so much for INFP's?

For INFP's it might not feel as clear to them. Teaching does have alot of black and white things to it, which can grate against INFP's. It is hard for me to blanket all of INFP's with having a prefrence for teaching like I could witn INFJ's.

I was considering coaching... and I would love (wish) there was a paid "mentor" position.

I want to do something creative, as I am a highly creative individual. I do not want to work in sales anymore, as I've done that most of my life... I want to work somewhere where I can be creative and supervision is NOT tight... I want to be able to self-lead/direct.

So why can't you start your own mentoring program?

Join the army! Toughen you up some!
That's funny. I laughed.

For INFP's it might not feel as clear to them. Teaching does have alot of black and white things to it, which can grate against INFP's. It is hard for me to blanket all of INFP's with having a prefrence for teaching like I could witn INFJ's.
I majored in education my first two years. I did really well in my classes, but I didn't have the passion for it. Seemed like too many hoops to jump through. Plus, I didn't want to become part of a system I think needs drastic reform when my classes are preparing me to maintain what I oppose.

Politics.

Once or if I get some self esteem I will venture into the world of politics