It's official! Fact is stranger than fiction! | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

It's official! Fact is stranger than fiction!

Then if this is the case there should be laws on the books giving the parents the final authority as to what happens to any children conceived by minors.

And this girls parents need to be charged for neglect, contributing to the deliquency of a minor, and everything else the authorities can come up with....

Their conduct is irresponsible...allowing boys to sleepover in HER ROOM! That is sick.

I don't see how if that is the case.... parents are to be granted the authority over that decision.

I was saying how could anyone believe that abortion is better--to exterminate a potential person is better than growing up knowing that they were conceived in a way that society looks down upon? If the girl wants to have the child, how could you say it would be better to have an abortion due to the stigma that child might potentially bear in the future?

I'm not exactly for or against abortion, either. For myself; for my body, I would never choose to abort.. but I can't say what another person should do with their body.

Seriously? Who in thier right minds allows their 16 yr old daughter to have SLEEP OVERS with boys. Allowing the boys to sleep in HER ROOM none the less?

They never made their child do this, but they also didn't exercise some reasonable authority and set rules, boundries and limitations!

Yeah, this kid is so good that she has 4 other people vying for the position of baby's daddy. Thats a really good kid there!

Honestly, if I were a parent, and I trusted my daughter, I would allow it. So long as communication was very open. I would not care.

Also part of me feels that some of these people saying they could be the father, just want media attention.

This all makes me wonder how the "father" will turn out, being so young. He just had to wrap his head around the idea that he was now a dad, and now there's a chance that the mother was having fun on the side and the kid isn't even his. Anyone else remember what it was like to "be in love" at that age and get your heart broken? Wow. Just, wow. :eek:hwell:

Also part of me feels that some of these people saying they could be the father, just want media attention.

Yes I tend to think the lust for media attention is driving a lot of this as well. It may very well just be a hoax. We have truly entered an era -- thanks to instant worldwide communication -- where anyone in the world can get their "15 minutes" by just doing something a little bit outrageous (or just claiming to have done something a little bit outrageous).

If it's not a hoax, my hope is just that the boy and the girl take responsibility and give love to their child. If they can do that, they may well turn out to be better parents than many other people twice their age!

See, now that's what gets me mad.

Our society is set up so that he cant be a good father. Had he lived 200 years ago... he could probably get by. It isnt rocket science.

Uh, or just go with adoption. Also, by 13, yo u know what the heck it all means (in a sex ed sense). In our society this seems really weird, but in ancient times, it would have been no big deal. Just because our society thinks its outlandish, doesn't mean humans haven't been doing it like this (no pun intended) for thousands of years.

Disclaimer: slightly graphic

You have a good point, darkstar. But the thing is that these kids don't live in the ancient times, they live in our society, in the NOW times. And in these times, they do experience the loss of a childhood/adolescence and who knows what else. The baby may be affected severely as well, depending on these kids' contexts. And the 13 year old girl who had to be pregnant and 'give birth' (hopefully it was a c-section), who now has milk coming in that has to be expressed, swollen (possibly painful) breasts/nipples, vaginal bleeding/discharge, surgical scar, the experience of being pregnant at that stage, the fear of giving birth, the experience of being in the hospital - she not only has to experience all of that but she is experiencing it in THIS culture. One in which people are not only completely unsupportive but in which she is also aware that this is not common, it is not accepted, and she is MISSING OUT. It would still be difficult back then, but I think (among other things) at least that it was more common and accepted probably made it easier.

Edit: my bad, I see she's 15.. 15 is still young but a significant leap from 13.

Edit 2: I just realized something.. I was going to delete most of what I wrote, after realizing that the girl is 15, not 13 - because somewhere at the back of my mind, I actually had the thought: "A 15 year old having a baby, that's not so bad.." - The world we live in!

Last edited:
You have a good point, darkstar. But the thing is that these kids don't live in the ancient times, they live in our society, in the NOW times. And in these times, they do experience the loss of a childhood/adolescence and who knows what else. The baby may be affected severely as well, depending on these kids' contexts. And the 13 year old girl who had to be pregnant and 'give birth' (hopefully it was a c-section), who now has milk coming in that has to be expressed, swollen (possibly painful) breasts/nipples, vaginal bleeding/discharge, surgical scar, the experience of being pregnant at that stage, the fear of giving birth, the experience of being in the hospital - she not only has to experience all of that but she is experiencing it in THIS culture. One in which people are not only completely unsupportive but in which she is also aware that this is not common, it is not accepted, and she is MISSING OUT. It would still be difficult back then, but I think (among other things) at least that it was more common and accepted probably made it easier.

Edit: my bad, I see she's 15.. 15 is still young but a significant leap from 13.

Edit 2: I just realized something.. I was going to delete most of what I wrote, after realizing that the girl is 15, not 13 - because somewhere at the back of my mind, I actually had the thought: "A 15 year old having a baby, that's not so bad.." - The world we live in!

I think everything here is amazing. It says so much. Over here there was a girl who was 11 to then turn 12 and got a baby with her boyfriend. Scaring. I am 17 and I could never ever even see myself having a child now.

my jaw literally dropped..
wth was that?
thats just insane. All again the doings of the wonderful media. not that all aspects of it are bad but I seem to have this grudge against the media in general.

Man people will just about anything for money these days.....
I hate how this whole thing is being treated, like they don't quite understand these young kids are will be affected greatly cause their at such a tender age they obliviously don't have a good foundation about responsibility. I mean what about the kids and I'm not just talking about the two child parents but the baby as well, growing up in a world where which seems revel this kinda of stuff (Didn't exactly know what to call it)....This could have been handle better and feel for that baby....

Money is too much of a driving force and I expect that the old saying is true. Money is the root of all evil..

Well, money, sex, and power. More the last two, since money can be seen as a tool to getting both.