Is the world a business and people their slaves? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Is the world a business and people their slaves?

Capitalism is where people earn things. I think that this is what gets humans to push themselves harder. Though for some reason, people like sharing things.

For example, why do you think Christmas is so popular? Because it is the spirit of giving, many people enjoy giving. One person described hell as being having many things and many talents but not being able to share them with anybody.

Thank you Muir, the article was awesome and it gives me more reasons to believe of why the world is as it is. After reading this though, it kind of makes me want to study psychopathy as I'm already majoring in Psychology.

The only part that I didn't agree with was this
True change happens in the moment that a person becomes aware of psychopathy in all its chilling details. From this new awareness, the world looks different, and entirely new actions can be taken. Distinguishing between human and psychopathic qualities begins the foundation of responsibility upon which we have a real chance to create sustainable culture.

I think already that too many people know about these individuals habits except that,like me, have no proof and no support to make them public. As stated in the article, psychopaths know how human nature works and they know how to use that knowledge to make us believe everything, including the best of us.

Technology was also mentioned. As a stated before, one of the most noblest things that we have to make this world a better place is technology and people. Scientist are making these devices for us(maybe not consciously) to make it easier to prey on these types of people. However, science in the hands of a psychopath is not good either, so we must make sure that our tools that we use will have an effect to maximize our chances of improving some of the aspects and issues on world at large.

Welcome to the forums Muir by the way :D

Last edited:
Capitalism is where people earn things. I think that this is what gets humans to push themselves harder.

Theoretically this is true. The problem is that it isn't realistically true. The people that benefit the most from capitalism are the people that don't earn things, but are born with it in the first place.

Capitalism is where people earn things. I think that this is what gets humans to push themselves harder. Though for some reason, people like sharing things.

For example, why do you think Christmas is so popular? Because it is the spirit of giving, many people enjoy giving. One person described hell as being having many things and many talents but not being able to share them with anybody.

Yup, that's what capitalism is.

The problem that I see with capitalism are things like scarcity. Supply and demand is what contributes as to how scarce things are going to be. The less X-boxes that are available on Christmas(due to scarcity) the more they are going to increase the prices. So basically, they have the means to create an Xbox for everybody in the whole world but since capitalism is all about profit then they make it scarce so people will pay more for it.

The same thing as to how money is created. Basically, you walk into a bank and ask for a loan and the bank gives you money out of thin air. The process is a little more complicated than that but the end result is that. Furthermore, when you pay the loan back to the bank, you pay them an amount that didn't even exist in the first place, ah and lets not forget about the interest. That my darling, doesn't make any sense

Last edited:
Theoretically this is true. The problem is that it isn't realistically true. The people that benefit the most from capitalism are the people that don't earn things, but are born with it in the first place.

I think you need to be born with it and work hard. My dad studied a lot in high school and it paid off. Plus, my dad works hard today and I'm proud to be his daughter (unlike many girls my age who are always in disagreement with their fathers). He works to provide for my mom, my brother, himself, and I.

Yup, that's what capitalism is.

The problem that I see with capitalism are things like scarcity. Supply and demand is what contributes as to how scarce things are going to be. The less X-boxes that are available on Christmas(due to scarcity) the more they are going to increase the prices. So basically, they have the means to create an Xbox for everybody in the whole world but since capitalism is all about profit then they make it scarce so people will pay more for it.

The same thing as to how money is created. Basically, you walk into a bank and ask for a loan and the bank gives you money out of thin air. The process is a little more complicated than that but the end result is that. Furthermore, when you pay the loan back to the bank, you pay them an amount that didn't even exist in the first place, ah and lets not forget about the interest. That my darling, doesn't make any sense

Some people might have been in debt because they are out of luck and lost their jobs and need help, thus they get a loan. However, paying it back is hard and it makes it really sad. However, their are some people who are in debt because they wanted to buy things they couldn't afford and couldn't be patient enough to buy it, thus they are in debt.

I don't know, maybe I don't know many facts or maybe I'm just too young to understand this stuff. Maybe I'm just some stupid kid who doesn't know what they're talking about, like I said before, I don't know.

I don't know, maybe I don't know many facts or maybe I'm just too young to understand this stuff. Maybe I'm just some stupid kid who doesn't know what they're talking about, like I said before, I don't know.

You may be young but by no means stupid. You still have your whole life ahead of you but it's still your responsibility to make sure you get where you have to be.

We all were doomed to become slaves to one another when the first person decided that they had entitlement to something (really anything, it could have just been a stick) and enough people agreed. The idea of ownership has created this system of 'slaves' and I think that no matter what form of government/economics/what-ever is instated, we will continue to be 'slaves', each and every one of us (even the big wig head-honchos). The only way we can defeat this 'slavery' is destruction of the idea of ownership/property/entitlement/what-ever you want to call it.

Last edited:
Wealth distribution, simply, is one of the largest contributors toward "the great world problem." I forget the author, but it's a great quote: "If I give the poor food, they call me a saint. If I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

Another would be laws: most of the world is full of underdeveloped people that won't behave if there is no fear of social shunning/social retribution (laws)/etc, and the other 1/3 that cares about developing beyond this fear (and doesn't need laws and fear to behave ethically) requires rules to be flexible and allow for some degree of mistake. In the words of Aristotle: "I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only for fear of the law."

Capitalism, in practice, is a very flawed system for the same reason: it is, in theory, supposed to encourage innovation, self-improvement, and "the best product." In practice it turns out that those that prevent innovations (oil companies preventing the electric car), are greedy bastards that don't self-improve, and don't have the best product, but the market shares to outshine any competition are the ones that wind up succeeding. Not to mention the extreme gaps in inheritance inequalities...some people have clear advantage from the start.

Your capitalism bit was what I really wanted to say in my Theory of Knowledge discussion about a week ago. Communism is flawed in practice, but so is every other government system. I don't get how people don't see that. Many act as if Capitalism is so darn honest, and that everyone who is rich earned it.

Woot, Duty, I agree.

Politics=theory.

That's one of the things that annoys me most about politicians. They make their opinions sound like indisputable facts, and theoretical structure sound foolproof.

We all were doomed to become slaves to one another when the first person decided that they had entitlement to something (really anything, it could have just been a stick) and enough people agreed. The idea of ownership has created this system of 'slaves' and I think that no matter what form of government/economics/what-ever is instated, we will continue to be 'slaves', each and every one of us (even the big wig head-honchos). The only way we can defeat this 'slavery' is destruction of the idea of ownership/property/entitlement/what-ever you want to call it.

I don't think people will have the will to work. Plus, no doctor or lawyer will go to school for many years to be paid very little.

I don't think people will have the will to work. Plus, no doctor or lawyer will go to school for many years to be paid very little.
Without ownership/entitlement we'd be living in a completely and probably radically different world. I'm not trying to advocate relinquishing ownership, just that the idea of it is what causes this 'slavery' that the thread is about.

I would speculate that without ownership we'd be back to the prehistoric days where people were only concerned with their survival and thus would have to work in order to continue living. Contributing to the survival of others, now that's a different story.

I always think about money now. How it seems to be worthless compared to the things that people can make. Money to me has consumed America and the bling bling lifestyle has destroyed the economy. I got mine has turned into I got foreclosed on and lost my job. The rapid expansion and buying up of the competition gives us less choice in the end. The corporation has too much power in the end. Mom and Pop businesses are quickly becoming a thing of the past. And now the big guys are failing and the little guys can't get loans to keep going. So in the end the big guys take all and the little guys get screwed. Except you can choose not to buy what the big guys are selling.

Why not? I know I would if it was something that I truly am passion it for. To tell you the truth, getting paid is the last thing on my list once I get a job.

Getting paid turns me off; it paralyzes me. To be paid triggers some instinct within me to want to do the most unnatural job, because it's like enforcement. If I get paid for what I truly enjoy doing, I can't enjoy it anymore. So I'd rather choose something else, something unpleasant and unsuited for my abilities.

I usually assumed this is just some psychological problem of mine. I don't know, hard to explain. Lucky that recently some studies indicate that it could be not just my personal problem, and there may be good reasons to have such intuitive reaction.

I'm in into money in the sense that I want it so I can travel and be comfortable etc,

but as far as status, luxury, prentension etc, that has no appeal to me.

I always think about money now. How it seems to be worthless compared to the things that people can make. Money to me has consumed America and the bling bling lifestyle has destroyed the economy. I got mine has turned into I got foreclosed on and lost my job. The rapid expansion and buying up of the competition gives us less choice in the end. The corporation has too much power in the end. Mom and Pop businesses are quickly becoming a thing of the past. And now the big guys are failing and the little guys can't get loans to keep going. So in the end the big guys take all and the little guys get screwed. Except you can choose not to buy what the big guys are selling.

That sometimes is unavoidable. When the vast majority of where you get your products and services come from the "big guys."

Plus, even if you end up not buying from them, the little guys that work in factories to these people will end up suffering the consequences, not Them.

I wonder, is producing your own food and making your own stuff(the basics) that difficult to achieve?

I mean, I wouldn't mind working hard to achieve those things, but how does one get started?

I wonder, is producing your own food and making your own stuff(the basics) that difficult to achieve?

I mean, I wouldn't mind working hard to achieve those things, but how does one get started?
By saying your own, you install ownership. It's the ownership/entitlement that leads to the 'slaves'.

By saying your own, you install ownership. It's the ownership/entitlement that leads to the 'slaves'.

So how would you re-phrase this?

I mean I will not make anyone work for this and I will not be producing goods to sell them to the market. So who would the slaves be?

So how would you re-phrase this?

I mean I will not make anyone work for this and I will not be producing goods to sell them to the market. So who would the slaves be?
Well the question is how could anyone have ownership over the physical that is earth (or a creation of earth). What makes that ear of corn any more yours than it is mine?