Is it easier or harder to love or be loved? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Is it easier or harder to love or be loved?

Anita, I think you will be ok. In a good pairing there is a matching between people's needs. It's never 100%, and always takes some conscious effort, but if you put in the work it is not too bad. Then a kind of 'background support' level builds up. Think about older couples. You sometimes can't tell if they are supporting each other or at each other's throats, but then all of the sudden they get affectionate, and you realize that it is just their routine. THAT comes with time.

I have trouble accepting praise as a form of love. Giving out compliments is easy, of course. I think many people have this problem.

Reactions: Gaze
I think that they are both difficult in their own ways and I find it hard to compare them with one another.

I enjoy being loving and affectionate to my significant other and want to be treated the same, I want to experience life in all its bliss. I recently experienced having my partner struggling to be loving and affectionate back but was reveling in my attention. This was a new and strange experience for me.

For me it is easier to love than be loved but that does not mean I don

Anita, I think you will be ok.

I know i'm ok. :D I was just explaining why it is both easier and harder to love.

I want to be able to feel the sincerity behind it so that I can build trust to open up fully to it but if it is held back how can one do this?

+1

Last edited:
I find it difficult to love (I care about a lot of things), but I find it even more difficult to be loved (not mildly appreciated, but loved). It's something I don't expect anymore.

Well, since I really can't be loved, I'll say it's easier to love someone (no reciprocation involved there whatsoever). Although, I'm starting to wonder if the Greeks didn't have it right when they called love a deranged mental state... *shrug*

I'm pretty sure it's harder to love, especially in the sense of agape.

unfailing, unflinching, unstoppable, undeniable, unprecedented, and unappreciated is true love. Think how often you've seen that.

Love or being Loved, no big deal. Trusting and Feeling Understood, really big deals.

Reactions: aeon
As a teen/early adult I had a bad habit of telling everyone I loved them XD. Guess Fe was developing strong at this point. If anyone did something I liked or was generally cool I'd go "I love you!". It also came with glomps. Methinks my Love fuel was so plentiful I had to expend it constantly to just keep fro exploding. Kinda still like that but I spend it mostly on Chazzy ^^.

Easier to love, by far.

I don't even know what love is for other people, I'm starting to think only some of us are capable of the real thing and the rest just pretend to know what love is. And it's not their fault, if they've never experienced mature love, how would they know what it is? They wouldn't, they'd just base it on what they know which is some immature infatuation or crush, which is fleeting and the furthest thing from love.