IQ Test | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

IQ Test

But there are some questions I am not familiar with like the one involves nickels and dimes

I don't use USD
The test could be biased

It has me down as 132.

I hate IQ tests. I don't know why I took this.

In my opinion, any IQ test on paper really takes some level of education into account and therefore, is biased.

Education skews results quite a bit. I think the best time to take an IQ test is when you're fairly young, when a child hasn't had as much formal education. And at this age, instead of giving an exact IQ, instead give students a range. so that they are not focused on an exact number. And it should also be explained what the number really means. This is where understanding the different types of intelligences becomes important: Gardeners 9 multiple intelligences, as well as learning that it's what you do with it, not how much it is which matters. Arrogance is too easily associated with intelligence.

Last edited:
I really don't want to take an IQ test. I've been avoiding taking once since high school because I'm afraid of my own mediocrity. Not that I give a lot of stake to one particular measure of a specific kind of intelligence, but I am, nonetheless, fearful that my own shortcomings will become readily apparent. I just assume that I'm neither a genius nor average and settle for that handy place a standard deviation away from the mean that signifies above average.

Reactions: sweetea
I think IQ tests are fairly meaningless. I have a high IQ as tested several times for various reasons when I was younger. But, none of these tests address the most important aspects of my intelligence that have helped me be successful in life. Furthermore, I believe that people can improve their IQ test scores by test preparation and study in the way that people improve on SAT exams, for example. I'd hire a reasonably intelligent, hard worker over a brilliant, lazy person any day.

IQ tests are extremely biased, in particular this one as it assess general knowledge, with respect to a certain culture. In the end IQ tests measure only a portion of an individual's intelligence

Ahh I hate those kind lol, the spatial ones get me desperate as I literally have no concentraion..

also agreed on what the above statement said.

I suspect I can train a monkey to solve IQ tests better than I could train the monkey to peel potatoes.

*goes back to what's really important in life - peeling potatoes*

Last edited:
I got:

"dumb as a post. do you even have a pulse?"

so...better than last time I took one! :D

I was not prepared for this.

i Gote a 50 nombr in mi Icoo tes, dem iz big'ns gud nombr an i beeet mi frens an tha hi to on acown u al dem weeners we eet al tem caw branes sawd al up

Last edited:
i got my iq test taken because they thought i had an eidetic memory and they gave me a ton of neurological tests and iq tests and memory tests. i don't have an eidetic memory but they always test people they think might because they want a proven case. turns out i just had partial verbal recall. my score was 90/170. performance (math, tasks, directions, visual, environmental)/verbal (language/reading/writing/speaking/sequencing/logistics). i doubt people a lot who say they take iq tests because they gave my iq test score in two numbers, instead of one. i don't know if that's the norm or if my iq was different than most people or what. they did say i had a learnin disorder though so that might be what they gave as the discrepancy. usually when you have a discrepancy that high it means you got a learning disorder. i'm the only person i know that was formally tested. posted my real one instead of the one on that site. ridiculous, that is most certainly not accurate. i'd probably get like a 60 anyway. none of those tests are close to what they do on a real iq test. they miss like half the test because half of it is drawing/tasks/instructions and the instructor/patient interaction.

Kill it Saram..

Anyway:

130+ Very superior 2.2%
120-129 Superior 6.7%
110-119 High average 16.1%
90-109 Average 50%
80-89 Low average 16.1%
70-79 Borderline 6.7%
Below 70 Extremely low 2.2%

http://iq-test.learninginfo.org/iq04.htm

122. I came to the conclusion that most people who don't score highly don't post their scores on message boards. I also came to the conclusion it's ridiculously easy to lie about your score. So don't compare yourself based on other posters if you didn't score highly.. I also came to the conclusion that people who don't score high on tests thinks tests are dumb.. My score is relatively low, based on my ego. I always expect it to pop up like 165, but the highest I've scored is in the 130's.

Btw, did anyone know the answer to the last question about the fish measurements? I was half naked and was dressing through a lot of the test. I don't like making execuses, but really I was.. It's the only question that I guessed on..

Last edited:
Kill it Saram..

Anyway:

130+ Very superior 2.2%
120-129 Superior 6.7%
110-119 High average 16.1%
90-109 Average 50%
80-89 Low average 16.1%
70-79 Borderline 6.7%
Below 70 Extremely low 2.2%

http://iq-test.learninginfo.org/iq04.htm

122. I came to the conclusion that most people who don't score highly don't post their scores on message boards. I also came to the conclusion it's ridiculously easy to lie about your score. So don't compare yourself based on other posters if you didn't score highly.. I also came to the conclusion that people who don't score high on tests thinks tests are dumb.. My score is relatively low, based on my ego. I always expect it to pop up like 165, but the highest I've scored is in the 130's.

Btw, did anyone know the answer to the last question about the fish measurements? I was half naked and was dressing through a lot of the test. I don't like making execuses, but really I was.. It's the only question that I guessed on..

IQ tests infuriate me. They are not a good reflection of your intelligence what-so-EVER! I wrote that CRAP because somebody who got a low score, isn't going to admit it. How many lower scoring people will feel like shit about themselves, believe they are stupid, and not challenge their brains. Use it as a dumb crutch. You are only stupid if you think you are. The only reason I used to get 165's in my IQ tests were because I'd just finished a unit in vectors, or quadratic equations, or whatever, and the symnapses in my brain were freshly run over. I was formulated (over the course of a few weeks), to be able to ace such rediculousness. I'm sorry if you didn't get my piss in the general direction of the IQ test.

IQ tests infuriate me. They are not a good reflection of your intelligence what-so-EVER! I wrote that CRAP because somebody who got a low score, isn't going to admit it. How many lower scoring people will feel like shit about themselves, believe they are stupid, and not challenge their brains. Use it as a dumb crutch. You are only stupid if you think you are. The only reason I used to get 165's in my IQ tests were because I'd just finished a unit in vectors, or quadratic equations, or whatever, and the symnapses in my brain were freshly run over. I was formulated (over the course of a few weeks), to be able to ace such rediculousness. I'm sorry if you didn't get my piss in the general direction of the IQ test.

I just finished reading War and Peace, and Ulysses, and I got a 105, and yeah, I did feel like shit about myself. I thought that piss was funny, by the way. It reminded me a little bit of Ulysses actually. Tee hee.