Intuition in overdrive... | INFJ Forum

Intuition in overdrive...

blueflame

Regular Poster
Dec 22, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Is anyone else being creeped out by a recent jump in inuition? I am predicting more now and quite accurately about random things that came to mind when thinking about certain subjects. In other words, I wonder if there are certain stimuli that trigger our inuition, and does it affect all of us at once or are we independent?

Another question: does anyone believe that people can think a certain thing and influence the likelyness that it will happen, or maybe it does has something to do with experiencing past lives?

Last edited:
For some reason in the last 8 months or so my intuition has been wrong over and over again - that's never happened to me before - I used to be spot on just about all the time. I think my 'N' is broken - LOL.

As for your second question, yes, I think we can think things and influence that they will happen. I don't know if it has anything to do with past lives or not. My understanding about past lives is that they influence skills that we may have been born with, not anything specific. Like this girl I met in a ceramics class - she had never done ceramics before, but as soon as she got on the wheel, she started turning out perfect and beautiful pieces that were well-formed and graceful - she never made a single mistake - the rest of ours were gangly and ill-formed. That was an argument in favor of a past life as a potter - at least to me.

I've had about a dozen dreams happen in the last week, and quite a few in the months before that. Yes, there seems to be a drastic increase in intuitive activity lately, but in my life, I've seen it increase and decrease in phases over the years. Sometimes there are long phases with nothing, other times it's normal, and other times it's like now.

And yes, I believe strongly that faith can cause changes in the real world.

And for me the sensing is getting speed. :) We should make a race.

Is anyone else being creeped out by a recent jump in inuition? I am predicting more now and quite accurately about random things that came to mind when thinking about certain subjects. In other words, I wonder if there are certain stimuli that trigger our inuition, and does it affect all of us at once or are we independent?

Another question: does anyone believe that people can think a certain thing and influence the likelyness that it will happen, or maybe it does has something to do with experiencing past lives?

Im never creeped out by my intuition. I welcome it at all times. But it has been coming and going recently. Recently I have gotten positive epiphanies and intuitive moments and experiences. I dont think there is one or two specific triggers, if that was the case everyone should be able to access their intuition when they wish by just triggering a certain stimuli. I think intuition is completely dependent on the person and what they are going through in their life.

However, intuition can be developed from a unclear point to being more clear if you pay attention to it more and spend time alone just to harness and listen to your intuition. Thats why meditation has great benefits because it connects people with their bodies and intuition.

For the last question; it is the complete law of attraction. Of course things will come to you depending on your positive or negative thinking; it influences the outcome tremendously, not to mention visualizations. I use it all the time. So far I was able to buy my dream condo and get into the school I wanted because I spent many nights visualizing and thinking and seeing myself get the things I want and desire.:m168:

So far I was able to buy my dream condo and get into the school I wanted because I spent many nights visualizing and thinking and seeing myself get the things I want and desire.:m168:
That's great!

I constantly ponder hidden meanings behind things. This is one of the reasons I always believe my intuition is high. I am not talking about the technical workings, but rather, how something fits into the world, why something happened in my life at a certain point in time. I am on the fence of destiny and free will. I am on the fence with a lot of things that argue practicality/hard science vs the unkown/less grounded in science.

I think there are points in my life where S rules and other points where N rules. With everything so up in the air with my career and lifestyle in general, I have really gone back this year to questioning what life is about and whether I am on the right path to play my part, whatever that part may be.

Yeah but especially for me lately it seems that I am able to think something and then a person I was thinking about ends up thinking/doing what I was thinking about i.e. supporting certain types of charity or listening to a very specific song that is old but I never shared this and yet everythime I think something it is happening and with different individuals. Thats why for the first time I was thinking about the power of influential thought being possible.

I am very freaked out by mine....

I don't know what my stimuli is exactly, however, I am starting to think once I deal with an intensely emotional situation, it kicks into overdrive. And the only time I deal with intensely emotional situations is when my intuition has been somewhat dormant. Dormancy is what confuses me moreso than the overdrive. I really don't know what causes that.

I think past lives has something to do with my intuition also. I am very freaked out by large bodies of water, yet this is the time when I become most clairvoyant. I think I drowned in a past life. When I was young, I used to dream constantly of drowning in cool water, not cold. Why cool instead of cold?

A friend and I about a month ago, went and sat by the river. While I was driving, my stomach started dropping and I got the feeling the river was under the concrete. Something was going to happen. And sure enough, some idiot started blasting off gunshots and police cars came flying from everywhere. A lot of times I despise this Massive Brainwash of a City. However, my intuition thrives here...

Intuition works on a very subconscious level... Usually leads me, tells me what to do where I should go, and if I decide to ignore it... well, the consequences usually tell itself.
I'm quite aware of my dreams, I remember them (almost) all the time, and I tend to get impressions from them... Good/bad feelings...

When it comes to past lives, I truly do feel as though we've relived again and again, experiencing more and learning something in each one.
Sometimes I get vague memories from things that I feel probably relate to a past life... like when I was listening to this man speak Bengali and when I was watching this Swedish movie, I felt like those languages were familiar...
Remember when you were a child a spoke/thought gibberish?
I recognized these languages from my early years of trying to formulate thoughts. :/...

I think past lives has something to do with my intuition also.
I have wondered about that, too. I haven't had any spikes in intuition lately, but circumstances have caused me to communicate more...that is having an noticable impact.

The weird thing about intuition is when intuition and judging (I think that's right) combine to solidify intuition into some very solid real-world experience/insight over time...often decades. When this happens over and over and over, some very complicated paths get written. At that point a very little blip in intuition can kick into gear this vast, pre-existing labyrinth of thought....the planets and moons and galaxies all start rotating in their spheres. That's when things get interesting for me...and it can begin with just one little trigger!!

Reactions: WellNoWonder
I have wondered about that, too. I haven't had any spikes in intuition lately, but circumstances have caused me to communicate more...that is having an noticable impact.
This is happening NOW in my life....

At that point a very little blip in intuition can kick into gear this vast, pre-existing labyrinth of thought....the planets and moons and galaxies all start rotating in their spheres. That's when things get interesting for me...and it can begin with just one little trigger!!

!!!!

I'm never creeped out by my Ni. If anything, I get frustrated with it when it isn't performing up to the standard I know it's capable of. Things feel normal to me when I'm just intuiting all over the place and I make everything a breeze. If I'm struggling to get an intuitive sense of things, or make a system instantly click in my head, then that's when it feels weird and kind of scary, actually. It feels like I'm an old man suddenly trying to walk without his cane.

I don't get freaked out when my intuition picks up pace. It does make me scratch my head though and wonder why it occured, what caused it, and how many other people are being effected by it. That in itself make my intuition jump up more interestingly enough.