INTP/INFJ derailment discussion | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INTP/INFJ derailment discussion

Re-read his first post here. Look at the title and your intention, then look at the title of the thread you sliced this off of...

Someone was just playing at being a smart ass. Don't think he was being evil, just playing.
I dunno man he's coming off extremely harsh. He could easily just say

"Yeah i was kidding"

Or put a winky emoticon

I like sarcastic humor it's just difficult to read tone over text and the last thread he was in this is a response to, him and wyote were going back and forth about essentially the same communication breakdown.

Essentially he is criticizing me for creating this thread in an attempt to keep the other thread on topic. I don't think that's funny at all... It was annoying for the other thread to be derailed just because he was being finicky and saying weird shit, and for him to come in and do the same thing here, he must get a kick out of making people upset. You're essentially poking the bear here.

Actually, now that I think about it, all my INFJ romantic interests had the same mentality you do. If you think it works, that’s cool, but be aware how others might perceive “incremental certainty.” Nothing really works like that so why set yourself up for it. Life is a dance, it’s not walking up a staircase. Very J-ish
I'm an infp dude

Who's making the assumptions now?

Actually, now that I think about it, all my INFJ romantic interests had the same mentality you do. If you think it works, that’s cool, but be aware how others might perceive “incremental certainty.” Nothing really works like that so why set yourself up for it. Life is a dance, it’s not walking up a staircase. Very J-ish

Who was this directed to???

I don’t see anything that says you’re an INFJ

Winky mention per your request. Seriously, I think you may reconsider that
Come on man is reasonable, reading tone over the internet is hard, you know that!

Thank you.

I dunno man he's coming off extremely harsh. He could easily just say

"Yeah i was kidding"

Or put a winky emoticon

I like sarcastic humor it's just difficult to read tone over text and the last thread he was in this is a response to, him and wyote were going back and forth about essentially the same communication breakdown.

Essentially he is criticizing me for creating this thread in an attempt to keep the other thread on topic. I don't think that's funny at all... It was annoying for the other thread to be derailed just because he was being finicky and saying weird shit, and for him to come in and do the same thing here, he must get a kick out of making people upset. You're essentially poking the bear here.

I was pulling a smartass move. Ever watch Dark Knight? The scene where the Joker says I like to show how pathetic everyone’s attempt to control things really are

It was something to that effect. Just playing girl

I was pulling a smartass move. Ever watch Dark Knight? The scene where the Joker says I like to show how pathetic everyone’s attempt to control things really are

It was something to that effect. Just playing girl
I just need a little more of a hint next time

Thats all.

In real life I love how contrary NTPS are, but I can usually tell by your voice or some giveaways in your face, yanno?

And you know, the need to control is human nature, and essential to human nature. Self control to prevent over indulgence, management of time and resources to make sure you get enough food and water and sleep to continue to live another day.

John Locke's social contract implies when you live in a society you give up certain freedoms in order to have the protection and benefit of living in a tribe.

It may be difficult to understand and want to comply with organizational rules such as not derailing every thread you post in due to a scattered brain, but that's kinda what you sign up for by joining a community!

Doesn’t every thread here devolve into this kind of spiral anyways
I LIKE THAT THREAD

okay?
:'(
I want to read about people's art stuff

Art is important to me

Your opinion about INFJs or whatever you guys were blabbing about is not important to me

Every time I would see the notification i'd get excited and then quickly plummet into annoyance as I found boring stuff there

Cleve is anything but boring and was making the forum an art project it was all very meta and look where we are

Reactions: slant and April