Intensity | INFJ Forum

Intensity

Blind Bandit

Blind Man Being Lead to Nowhere
Donor
Jan 28, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Some times I think we are way too intense. I wonder if people think we have lost our mind? I don't know about others but I find when I like something or have a new hobby, I practicably loose myself in it. And when I talk to people I so damn passionate. I think I frighten people a bit.

Dose anyone else has this problem?

Last edited:
Some times I think we are way to intense I wonder if people think we have lost our mind. I don't know about others but I find when I like something or have a new hobbies I practicably loose myself in it. And when I talk to people I so damn passionate. I think I frighten people a bit.

Oh yes. Very much so for me. Currently, my big interest is Lindy Hop dance, and I feel an almost constant urge to spam my surroundings about that. :) Same with other hobbies in the past. I have needed to teach myself how to hold back, and that has actually been good for me. It is similar to practicing letting go of attachment, and that is always good.

I'm not really sure this is a typical INFJ thing though. It will be interesting to see what others have to say.

When it comes to general communication with people, I think I have two modes. One very laid back and one very intense. I try to be laid back, but sometimes I can't help myself. Some people like me for being like that, but I'm pretty sure some think I'm a weirdo.

Last edited:
Some times I think we are way too intense. I wonder if people think we have lost our mind? I don't know about others but I find when I like something or have a new hobby, I practicably loose myself in it. And when I talk to people I so damn passionate. I think I frighten people a bit.

Yes.

But the problem is that other people aren't as interested/intense.
icon6.gif
:p

I do, one of the adjectives people use to describe me often is "intense" I prefer passionate though.:m027:

Yes XD I'm very into writing so I discuss everything new I learn about it with all my friends - although after a while I can tell they're just nodding politely ^^" I can talk for hours about adverbs and publishing.... >>"

Yup, I certainly am. Though I imagine only the negative stuff I say gets noticed, heh. I got de-reped for it the other day.
Whatever I am currently "on" I am very intense and wild about. Especially if it's super-awesome like Zombie :3.

I guess I'd be considered 'intense', since I am passionate about things, but I've gotten into the habit of not always sharing my passions with other people. It gets hard when I'm socializing because if I feel really strongly about something that comes up in conversation, I'll start to show (over?)enthusiasm about it. Then people think I'm really weird, or just ignore what I say and change the subject. It also bothers me that many people don't really get passionate about anything. Those are the hardest people for me to talk to.

Yes.

But the problem is that other people aren't as interested/intense.
icon6.gif
:p

This.
People should be interested in the greatest science in the world. Especially when I'm blabbing about it.

I don't think I'm that intense in my interests as you guys. But when I really am very much into something I hardly show anyone exactly how much I'm into it. I scan my audience, try to find out how they would react on me revealing it and when I think the odds are with me, I tell them about it but I only show as much intensity as I think they can handle.

So no, people don't know how intense I can be because I always make sure to canalize it. But what I did found out is that people in fact like it to see me completely pasionate about something. Then they are like "oh I didn't know, god you are so interesting". So maybe I should be less affraid of what people think of me and just be who I am with all the intensity that comes with it because apperently my intensity makes me more beautiful...

Yup! I am intense in many aspects of life. I feel strongly. I beleive strongly. I love strongly. Even tho I've learnt how to tame them using the power of reason, my emotions are definitely still intense.

When a topic gets my attention, I talk about it ALL the time. When I took my astrophysics class fro the first, I wouldn't stop talking about everything I learned there, so one of my friends decided to attend the class with me, coz I got him curious. :p

Last edited:
I do, one of the adjectives people use to describe me often is "intense" I prefer passionate though.:m027:

^^ This.

Someone close to me frequently tells me I'm "too intense" and it drives her nuts. She doesn't seem to possess the same level of passion for her interests...

^^^ This too, I also prefer the term passionate more :D

Oh yes, I get mildly obsessed with trying to recruit people into whatever my latest hobby/interest is. They hardly ever care.

Yeah, I get obsessed with things. Recently it was collecting rocks, and not just tiny little insignificant ones, either, substantial big giant ones which I used for landscaping, and I have created some really nice landscaping features that way. I learned that people don't always appreciate when you pull over to abandoned lots or the side of the road to put rocks in your trunk, apparently that's both weird and slightly criminal, so I learned to ask permission first. There are times when I just feel like I should keep my mouth shut, too, about many things.

Yep.

I spend a lot of time restraining myself. When I was younger and a bit more careless with exposing myself and interests, people would be like, "Would you chill the f*ck out?"

I don't feel comfortable exposing that part of myself to most people. I really have to regard the person/people as open souls...

I don't know if this is something I should work on or not...

Yep.

I spend a lot of time restraining myself. When I was younger and a bit more careless with exposing myself and interests, people would be like, "Would you chill the f*ck out?"

I don't feel comfortable exposing that part of myself to most people. I really have to regard the person/people as open souls...

I don't know if this is something I should work on or not...

lol yeah one of the reasons i rarely talk mbti to anyone

I am an intense person, but only at the deeper levels. Some people will get the impression that I am very intense, but only after getting to know me. Most people actually think I am easy going (which is quite wrong).

I am an intense person, but only at the deeper levels. Some people will get the impression that I am very intense, but only after getting to know me. Most people actually think I am easy going (which is quite wrong).

I get this often too. But once you get to know me I'm about intense as they come. I think this also ties with people thinking I'm an Extrovert at school. It all in what I feel like showing. Because as others have said I often get the your weird and my brain is shutting off now so please shut up.

It didn't occur to me that I was intense until someone told me- and I was not happy to hear it. She said I just look intense- sitting there doing nothing in class (back in high school). She also said is scared people; apparently other people had thought that as well.

I'd rather not be "intense", but I don't know how.