Intensity | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Intensity

It didn't occur to me that I was intense until someone told me- and I was not happy to hear it. She said I just look intense- sitting there doing nothing in class (back in high school). She also said is scared people; apparently other people had thought that as well.

I'd rather not be "intense", but I don't know how.

Same here, I think its an inherently INFJ.

It didn't occur to me that I was intense until someone told me- and I was not happy to hear it. She said I just look intense- sitting there doing nothing in class (back in high school). She also said is scared people; apparently other people had thought that as well.

I'd rather not be "intense", but I don't know how.

I prefer being called this over easy going. Mostly because I am just not all that easy going, it's a bad perception. The common perception that I get though is that I look like I am thinking really really hard.

Some times I think we are way too intense. I wonder if people think we have lost our mind? I don't know about others but I find when I like something or have a new hobby, I practicably loose myself in it. And when I talk to people I so damn passionate. I think I frighten people a bit.

Dose anyone else has this problem?
rofl................sigh....yes. I feel extremely excited, but I keep it under control so it only comes across as a weird behavior...and then I get the 'weird' look...I see it and think, dang I lost them. Thats the point I walk away before I embarrass myself further.

Some times I think we are way too intense. I wonder if people think we have lost our mind? I don't know about others but I find when I like something or have a new hobby, I practicably loose myself in it. And when I talk to people I so damn passionate. I think I frighten people a bit.

Dose anyone else has this problem?

I used to be very intense and then I toned it down, most people don't like that. I actually started avoiding eye contact for that very reason and I have been working very hard to actually maintain eye contact now a days, I always feel like I'm going to intimidate someone. My intensity tends to come out when I'm discussing something very important to me or when I feel like I've been crossed, and emotionally. My emotions are either on or off and when they are turned on, everything I have is thrown at the particular person in question.

Random Question: Is intensity bad? There have been many times where I have held back because I felt that I would be stating my opinion way to strongly.

Last edited:
Hmm....I think I am going to break the mold a bit here then. I am not normally perceived as intense. Easy going is what I usually get. Even when I was younger, and not as easy going, it was more neroutic (OCD) type behavior then something that would be perceived as "intense". I do get passionate sometimes depending on the subject. MBTI, writing, astronomy, love...if the subject really speaks to me, my passion shows. But intense is not a word ususally associated with yours truly!

Last edited:
I used to be very intense and then I toned it down, most people don't like that. I actually started avoiding eye contact for that very reason and I have been working very hard to actually maintain eye contact now a days, I always feel like I'm going to intimidate someone. My intensity tends to come out when I'm discussing something very important to me or when I feel like I've been crossed, and emotionally. My emotions are either on or off and when they are turned on, everything I have is thrown at the particular person in question.

Random Question: Is intensity bad? There have been many times where I have held back because I felt that I would be stating my opinion way to strongly.

Honestly I'm not sure. I mean its part of who we are so I don't know...

Agree with most people here. I can be intense (unintentionally) but i'm trying to balance myself out a little. hmm.