INFJ's and their bodys | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ's and their bodys

I want to snuggle with a pretty INFJ girl from an Ohio University.

And her cat.

That's kind of random. I know someone who sorts fit's that. But I think she is INTP, and she is a lesbine, haha.

I'd have gone with that if she was INTP and Hetero. But I was thinking of a specific INFJ.

I've changed my appearance so many times over the years. I've been a mod, I've been a rocker, I've been slim, I've been morbidly obese, I've had a shaved head and I've had really long hair, and hair colours of many shades, including pink, black and bleach blonde. Yet all the time I've been me. There has been an unchanging part that has witnessed all these changes - that has had at times an attractive and at times a repulsive appearance. Yet I remain the same, and I feel happy in that knowledge.

In the words of Louise Hay:

I love myself exactly as I am right here and right now.

I like the way I look. I dont think I'll to skinny, too whatever. I just feel comfortable in myself :D

I've had what might be considered a little bit complex relationship to my body. As an adolescent I had to deal with a fair amount of loathing and had a continual temptation to self-harm. I've stabilized for many years, but continue to have on the one-hand a sort of disconnect and on the other the need to feel centered through really physical sensation. The unhealthy inclination to self-harm was somewhat motivated by a natural need to get centered. The pain in my mind became so complex and abstract that the simpler physical pain was a needed distraction. This is something of an issue regarding sexuality as well. I went for many years as a virgin, although I wasn't asexual at all. I was just taught it was wrong and all that. As I've grown it's probably the most important thing to me to connect with someone in such a tangible all encompassing way. It soothes that inner sense of isolation. Although I haven't had training as a dancer, I have a natural passion for it because it unifies the intangible with the raw and concrete.

So in a way physical sensation and a sense of my physical self is crucially important to center me because I can get so disconnected into the abstract.

i was wndering how INFJ's feel in their bodys.
do you feel horrible and hate looking at yourself
do you love what you have
think you could be better?
sorry if too private just wondered how others veiw themselfes.

Fine. Kinda wish my thighs didn't have a tendency to grab all the fat in my body when I start gaining weight. It's a good thing I like walking, though! Makes it easy to keep them under control.

I like the rest of me and I'm quite comfortable with myself. I don't hate looking at myself, but I don't love doing so either.

I think I'm ugly, but I learned to accept it. I wasted too many years being depressed and obsessing about my looks and not taking the time to fix my inner flaws. So now I focus more on what kind of person I want to be than what I wish I looked like. I'm trying not to define myself by my physical attributes anymore but rather my behavior towards others. ( If that makes any sense at all) :)

I think I'm ugly, but I learned to accept it. I wasted too many years being depressed and obsessing about my looks and not taking the time to fix my inner flaws. So now I focus more on what kind of person I want to be than what I wish I looked like. I'm trying not to define myself by my physical attributes anymore but rather my behavior towards others. ( If that makes any sense at all) :)

Makes perfect sense. Your body will constantly be changing (and old age isn't always too friendly to the body) but you will always be you on the inside. It's kind of weird to look at a baby and then their grandparent and think in 70 years they will be an older person too, but the person who is the baby will never change.

If you're ugly on the outside, it doesn't matter
Because it's the beauty on the inside that overpowers.

Reactions: RetardedMonkey
I just try to stay healthy, but otherwise, I'm indifferent to it.

i was wndering how INFJ's feel in their bodys.
do you feel horrible and hate looking at yourself
do you love what you have
think you could be better?
sorry if too private just wondered how others veiw themselfes.

This might be the exact answer you were looking for but.. From the time I was a kid I always stared at myself in the mirror--not because I found myself that handsome or attractive, but because I was always amazed that all of my internal processes (my thoughts, my emotions, my desires, my intentions) could be summed up by other people through thinking of my body and giving that body a name.

It absolutely amazed me. I kid you not, I spent a long time out of every day staring at myself and wondering how my concept of myself was so much more complicated than others concepts of me.

I think I've grown to be okay with that, though. That some people will take me for the way I present myself, rather than thinking that there is something more to me. Hm... Time to go be pensive, methinks.

I would like to know how I would feel in some INFJ bodies. Ba-dum ching.

Reactions: acd
i remember when i was very young i experienced moments in which i felt a disconnect between my inner realm and the face i saw in the mirror and the body that held me. sometimes this manifested into a sense of awe and confusion as if i was without identity. of course, being so young the feeling was eery, but usually subsided when i became again distracted by my immediate role/activities i was previously preoccupied with.

if my awareness shifts entirely into the tangible body as if i were not observing but directly engaging in the external world, it increases my sense of aloneness in a world so vast and indifferent to the smallness of my physical form. this usually happens when i use my Se function, or when my shadow self appears during stress.

i would say though that i dislike mirrors and recording devices (cameras, camcorders, etc.). it is not that i dislike my appearance but rather that it increases my own attention on myself and prevents me from acting naturally.

i remember when i was very young i experienced moments in which i felt a disconnect between my inner realm and the face i saw in the mirror and the body that held me. sometimes this manifested into a sense of awe and confusion as if i was without identity. of course, being so young the feeling was eery, but usually subsided when i became again distracted by my immediate role/activities i was previously preoccupied with.

if my awareness shifts entirely into the tangible body as if i were not observing but directly engaging in the external world, it increases my sense of aloneness in a world so vast and indifferent to the smallness of my physical form. this usually happens when i use my Se function, or when my shadow self appears during stress.

i would say though that i dislike mirrors and recording devices (cameras, camcorders, etc.). it is not that i dislike my appearance but rather that it increases my own attention on myself and prevents me from acting naturally.

Glad to see I was not the only one who was troubled by this at a young age!

Glad to see I was not the only one who was troubled by this at a young age!
I still get the feeling of being detached and distanced from my body if I look into a mirror for too long

I still get the feeling of being detached and distanced from my body if I look into a mirror for too long

Oh, absolutely. For me it is hard not to because this form of "myself" is just so.. temporary. Sure, for now it acts as a vessel to carry out actions in the world around me, a way to shape things in this physical realm but.. The concept of me is always going to be immaculately infinite. Everyone I have interacted with, not necessarily talked to, but been in a similar realm has been effected by me and I by them, and those effects go on to effect others so that eventually the concepts of ourselves have reached others on a global level, and will continue to do so for years after we die.

Heh, it is hard to view the body as anything but a detail when looking at things like that.

Oh, absolutely. For me it is hard not to because this form of "myself" is just so.. temporary. Sure, for now it acts as a vessel to carry out actions in the world around me, a way to shape things in this physical realm but.. The concept of me is always going to be immaculately infinite. Everyone I have interacted with, not necessarily talked to, but been in a similar realm has been effected by me and I by them, and those effects go on to effect others so that eventually the concepts of ourselves have reached others on a global level, and will continue to do so for years after we die.

Heh, it is hard to view the body as anything but a detail when looking at things like that.
I've always had the feeling that even things as simple as a thought move like a ripple throughout the world and change things profoundly.

Reactions: Chopsifer
I posted in the "body image" thread about how I feel about my physical appearance, so I'll let that stay over there. But I'd like to answer the main question with maybe a different take on it...

i was wndering how INFJ's feel in their bodys

I feel great in my body. I think I have a really good connection with my body. I can feel when things are going on in my body, like I know really early on when I'm getting sick, and things like that. One time I got salmonella and I knew I was sick before the meal was even over.

I also like using my body. Dancing is amazing, and although I've gotten some compliments on my moves recently, the truth is that most of the time I'm dancing for myself. I don't really care what it looks like to other people, I dance in ways that feel good to me, the motions please me from the perspective of being inside my own body (if that makes any sense).

And I'm also really into what I like to think of as "everyday kung-fu," using my body in creative, non-standard ways, like manipulating doors with my feet or head when my hands are full, or catching things (well, trying to catch things) with my feet when my hands are full. It becomes a sort of extended, continuous dance where my dance partner is the entire physical world. In fact, from that perspective, I do wish I could be better, in that I'd like to be more acrobatic. I mean, I see those guys doing, what's it called? "Free running" or something? Where they're doing flips down stairwells and running up walls in corners and things... that stuff blows my mind, it's just beautiful. I wish I could do that...