INFJs and fashion | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and fashion

My goal is to be not noticed. So, depending on circumstances--

Jeans and t-shirt

or

business suit.

(Je dors nu. C'est tr

Hm, I would say that I aim to look classy and sophisticated without looking too flashy and drawing attention to myself. I need to feel comfortable and at ease within my clothing. I do like to dress in darker and more solid colors as opposed to a lot of striped shirts and bright yellows and oranges!

I almost always have to be wearing either a hat or a hood while I'm out though. I feel more protected when my head and part of my face is covered. I like beenie and knit caps.

my style is called dirty homeless rampage!!
you just have to look at my shoes to believe meh (they are basically the only shoes I have and I'll DIE with them!!:m029:)
s5022452.jpg

I used to not follow fashion at all. Now I do, but not in the usual sense of the word. I couldn't give a toss about what's "fashionable now", but I am interested in certain fashions and trends for my own personal style.

The biggest of which is lolita fashion (which has nothing to do with the similarly named book by Nabokov) which I recently started adopting. I'm still building a wardrobe but it's a big thing for me. Finally embracing my femininity and feeling great about who I am, what I'm wearing and how I look.

It's expensive, but it's good for my soul and thus worth it.

I care a lot about my appearance, and I like to look good, but I like to look clean and nice and serious... I like american eagle a lot.

I wear jeans and tee-shirts. Throw in sweats once a week. Ocassionally, I get the urge to wear a cutesy little dress or fashion top. Other than that, I couldn't care less. My tee-shirts are fashionable enough!
Although, I do appreciate a nicely dressed person, and fashion mags from time to time.

Man, this thread is for INFJ's only?

How come you guys get all the fun?

As far as fashion goes I wear Victorian garments.

You'll see me in a white blouse with a black vest and either a long black skirt or black pants. I also wear glasses, gold ones.

I also like to carry a heavy book (art book) under my arm.
I sport a cane and a pocket watch. However I'm much to shy to post myself up on the forums so I'll post what site I purchase my clothing from instead. http://www.recollections.biz/

This model is not me. Although I wish It was me. :m066:
Here are the following examples of what I wear.

Blouse with a Twill Skirt;

web4809.jpg

A Twill Vest;

web4807-8alt1.jpg

I have a particular style, but I am not interested in following trends.

I generally like long flowing clothing, not trench coat, but more of the wool overcoat style. This is one of my fav leather coats.

picture.php
I love this style.

I want this coat, in white silk, with purple silk trim, and purple silk lining on the inside. Metallic Silver thread, triple stitched.

Silver Buttons.

I want it tailor fit for me too.

Attachments

• Rb020NV.png
    Rb020NV.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 56
Not an INFJ, but I could care less about fashion. I wear whatever feels comfortable. I do try to dress properly for work though, as I know it makes a difference as to how your superiors respond to you.

I love this style.

I want this coat, in white silk, with purple silk trim, and purple silk lining on the inside. Metallic Silver thread, triple stitched.

Silver Buttons.

I want it tailor fit for me too.

NICE!

My next investment will be the standard long wool overcoat.

i wear whatever i like, most of it is nice yet somewhat simple, people i know usually ask me for advice when it comes to fashion, probably because i have a good eye for aesthetics, but i'm not into that whole wear whatever is "in" stuff. it bores me.

I enjoy fashion as an art, but I personally just tend to wear Adidas stuff or jeans/hoodie. Whatever is comfortable but looks decent in case I ran into someone. I don't want to be in a situation where I can't help someone or I can't jump into a rain puddle just because I have on my nice stuff. :rain:

I randomly dress up for fun, but I try to avoid that most days (although I do dress up to work). I like generally blend in, but I don't look like anyone else. I usually stick with one color, one material, for any item, and stick with neutral or dark colors (except for my shoes which can be any color). That's about it. Have a great day everyone! :)

Last edited:
I dress casually except for footware, which I choose for shock value.

I've always enjoyed fashions from different eras, particularly 1960's, 40's, 20's, Victorian, Edwardian, and styles of the ancient world. Even the mid to late 90's weren't too bad because I think the current trends reflect too much of the tacky, too bold and bright tastes of the 80's, yuck. However, I wouldn't say that I'm a total slave to fashion but I do enjoy keeping my finger on the "pulse" of what's going on so I can have an idea. My personal tastes tend to reflect my moods; comfortable but unique since I enjoy bohemian types of clothes or ethnic inspired blouses, skirts and a hippie top with jeans. Dark velvets and lace reflect the artistic side; I'm particularly fascinated with jewelry of any era; silver is my favorite and I'm very fond of crucifixes. I imagine that as an artist I'm simply fascinated by what has been created by the designer and I like to think that I have good fashion sense. With that in mind, you won't see me wearing anything too terribly revealing as I feel there is a fine line between elegant/sexy and whorish/trashy.

Reactions: Siamese cat
I'm interested in looking nice/cool/how I want, but maybe not so much in fashion.
I do care about what clothes I wear, how my hair looks, my shoes, it is more than just appearance- it's a fact that people naturally judge people on appearance, and I want to take pride in how I look.

fuck no to Designers. Designer labels are stupid, why would I pay shitloads of money for something just because of the name? That's ridiculous.

I don't follow any particular style or era.

I love shopping second-hand. I love jewel tones. I also just think it's important to match colors well. You can't wear a white shirt with light colored jeans or a dark shirt with dark jeans...that just doesn't work.
But I don't think I have any storybook eccentricities.

Oh and I can't wear any jeans but skinny jeans. Other kinds look and feel WEIRD. And I've always had a penchant for boots.
And I love layers. I always am wearing layers. I never just wear one shirt at a time. And I can't wear shirts with high necks, it makes me feel like I'm choking. So....my boobs are typically out and...and quite friendly....haha. :p And I never wear shorts, EVER, unless I am alone and cleaning the house.

Oh, And I am bisexual...and sometimes I feel super gay and just want to dress like a lesbian...like Shane from The L Word...:D....haha.

Last edited:
Band t-shirt:

RK471-t-shirt-ensiferum-sword-axe-viking-metal-1243504079.jpg

jeans:

greyskinnycheapmonday.jpg

and these boots:

C__Documents_and_Settings_jybarra_Desktop_2007_09_Harley_-_Davidson_Images_85022iii.JPG

That's what I wear. :D

I wanted to be a fashion designer. I love trying all sorts of styles. Old and some mordern.

Last edited:
I love fashion :m032: but only in virtual games and such. I hate wearing fancy stuff, and the fashion shows on TV are UBER ugly :m142: but I love designing outfits :mwaa:

I really love fashion...I started obsessing over Vogue magazines when I was 15. I had to stop collecting them soon after...they were taking up so much storage space, lol. I started buying nicer clothes for myself after I got better paying jobs, and because I work in a formal office setting (no jeans). I would say I really love a good silhouette, a good cut, and probably the bolder styles like Versace, Marni, Chanel...something that has a simple and strong silhouette. Of course I don't own those brands, lol. But I shop at similar styled retailers that I can actually afford. It is possible for me to spend too much money on clothes and shoes, so I try to curtail my 'retail therapy', and I buy clothes that can be on trend, but that also have a classic look and longevity to them. I had an obsession with blouses for a while, and then blazers. I also never by shoes or boots that aren't black, unless they're really nice strappy silver sandals ;)

I once took apart a vintage dress belonging to my mother so I could sew one for myself from the unstitched pattern of the old dress...needless to say I made the new dress, but never re-stitched the old one :(