INFJ & INFP, are they compatible? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJ & INFP, are they compatible?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Reactions: Free and Ren
Bout ta find out. I'll get back to you on that.

...This didn't amount to anything. I have one ex who was INFP, and a dear friend who is also INFP. We are definitely kindred spirits, and the potential to get along / date is there. The biggest issue I have with this type are the differences of home / family life and upbringing. Many of the INFP women I've encountered are unhealthy people, either raging alcoholics or way too "promiscuous" (to sound respectful) or toxic for me to even bother speaking with again.

Someone shouldn't be demonized over MBTI, though. I'm just saying my past interactions haven't been great.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

What are you referring to, or whom are you replying to, or what do you want to say?

HOOOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes(, I dont understand ;-)).

I’m going to agree with most of what’s been said here. Female INFP and male INFJ are the better chance. The other way around is not a good combination. From my personal experience, at first things are blissful, fun and giddy. But then Fi & Fe start clashing and then Ti & Te can start to clash because for me, I found myself allowing an INFP to bulldoze over me emotionally in order to satisfy and validate their feelings. I think the semi-mirroring that can happen between the two types is an attractive draw to the pairing, but will quickly destroy your soul and leave you to rot.

What are you referring to, or whom are you replying to, or what do you want to say?

HOOOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes(, I dont understand ;-)).
Referring to this

I’m going to agree with most of what’s been said here. Female INFP and male INFJ are the better chance. The other way around is not a good combination. From my personal experience, at first things are blissful, fun and giddy. But then Fi & Fe start clashing and then Ti & Te can start to clash because for me, I found myself allowing an INFP to bulldoze over me emotionally in order to satisfy and validate their feelings. I think the semi-mirroring that can happen between the two types is an attractive draw to the pairing, but will quickly destroy your soul and leave you to rot.
Great as friends tho, really really really great as friends. :)

Referring to this

Great as friends tho, really really really great as friends. :)

Agreed! I have a new INFP female friend and we’ve quickly become good friends! Also became close to a female ESTP lately. I just think women rule regardless of MBTI.

I got quite a few INFP friends and we get along wonderfully well :) I have never been in relationship with an Fi-dom, but I have definitely been attracted to female INFPs. I agree that the Fi/Fe thing could become an issue in relationship, but since I never got to that stage of closeness with an INFP, I can't state it empirically.

Contrary to what's often said however, I am (romantically) more attracted to INFPs than ENFPs. One needs a lot of stamina for the sparkly Ne-Fi!

As an infp, I don't think I fully understand the fe/fi clash. My closest friends are enfj/esfj/infj (I do have a couple close infp friends too) and as I said earlier, my boyfriend is an infj. I personally love fe. It feels so warm and I like how they all make me feel well cared for, haha.

Reactions: Free
As an infp, I don't think I fully understand the fe/fi clash.

I guess it's a one-sided issue. Generally speaking, because it may vary individually, Fi needs attention and Fe is glad to give it - at first. It can become tedious to only give and never receive the same way.

I personally have issues with Te, most of all in servitude of Fi. Especially in E types it can get messy. In the INFP it may be different, idk. But I cannot see myself dating one either. INTJ's perhaps are less... difficult, their Fi being lower than Te. It's different from type to type (also gender and state of health typewise), and I believe the enneagram is something to be considered as well, though I never encountered a theory of that kind before.

I guess it's a one-sided issue. Generally speaking, because it may vary individually, Fi needs attention and Fe is glad to give it - at first. It can become tedious to only give and never receive the same way.

I personally have issues with Te, most of all in servitude of Fi. Especially in E types it can get messy. In the INFP it may be different, idk. But I cannot see myself dating one either. INTJ's perhaps are less... difficult, their Fi being lower than Te. It's different from type to type (also gender and state of health typewise), and I believe the enneagram is something to be considered as well, though I never encountered a theory of that kind before.

That makes sense, I do intentionally try to reciprocate the attention back to my friends/boyfriend but it obviously doesn't come as naturally as fe users. And I can feel frustrated with some of my other infp friends because they just don't put in any effort into our friendship at all. Just curious, can you give an example of how fi/te can get messy?

can you give an example of how fi/te can get messy
If somebody wants something to be true, in accordance with Fi, Te searches for evidence to corroborate that point of view, but ignores all evidence speaking against it, even there is more of the latter.

I feel like for the most part, Fi wants to be left alone, lol.... Or have time to themselves often. I've dated other people with Fi/Te and no one made me feel like I had to cater to them and lavish attention upon them. Each INFP, INTJ and ENFP had their own things going on independent of me. And Visa versa. And as an Fi Dom, I mostly enjoy privacy and space interspersed with quality time and affection. For me, I feel pretty emotionally self sufficient and expect that others should be able to manage the same. It seems to be typical of Fi types I've known. I think I read somewhere on this forum that infps like an easy going relationship without the ups and downs; something cozy and consistent. While infjs are OK with the passionate fluctuations and displays. To me, the infp part resonated. The world is overwhelming enough, at least for an infp. We want our relationships to be like a sanctuary of calm and security or a refuge from the drama of the world... Where we can just be perfectly content to silently read a book next to our loved ones while they do their thing. But I can see how that would seem like the Fe person always giving attention and the Fi person not reciprocating enough.

Last edited:
I feel like for the most part, Fi wants to be left alone, lol.... Or have time to themselves often. I've dated other people with Fi/Te and no one made me feel like I had to cater to them and lavish attention upon them. Each INFP, INTJ and ENFP had their own things going on independent of me. And Visa versa. And as an Fi Dom, I mostly enjoy privacy and space interspersed with quality time and affection. For me, I feel pretty emotionally self sufficient and expect that others should be able to manage the same. It seems to be typical of Fi types I've known. I think I read somewhere on this forum that infps like an easy going relationship without the ups and downs; something cozy and consistent. While infjs are OK with the passionate fluctuations and displays. To me, the info part resonated. The world is overwhelming enough, at least for an infp. We want our relationships to be like a sanctuary of calm and security or a refuge from the drama of the world... Where we can just be perfectly content to silently read a book next to our loved ones while they do their thing. But I can see how that would seem like the Fe person always giving attention and the Fi person not reciprocating enough.
I see what you mean. TY for clarifying.
I didn't mean it needed to be INFP-specific. It's more like the worst version of how it can come across or manifest. I guess it more likely occurs in extroverted then, because my bad experience mostly refers to them. I just realised.

The Fe / Fi clash ruins it for me completely.

Everything in common, but I couldn't handle how little she actually spoke. I would initiate with little to no reciprocation, emotionally or otherwise. It was completely exhausting.

One too many times, and I couldn't remain quiet about it. I shut her out, tried to fix it, didn't work, then she door slammed me.

I don't think it stood a chance from the very beginning. What a shame.