INFJ & INFP, are they compatible? | INFJ Forum

INFJ & INFP, are they compatible?

Depends on the individuals.

Mine did not. We are not able to remain friends. He likes to argue and is a drama-junkie. He will actually make up things to fuel the drama. Not my cup of tea. I've not written off INFP but would be cautious with another.

Female INFP are different I think. More open and carefree than the guarded male INFP.

I can see how that would get old pretty quickly. I'm a female INFP but I hate drama & try to avoid it. Do you think things might work out differently with a female INFP and a male INFJ? I know it all depends on the individual, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts

Depends on the individuals.

Mine did not. We are not able to remain friends. He likes to argue and is a drama-junkie. He will actually make up things to fuel the drama. Not my cup of tea. I've not written off INFP but would be cautious with another.

Female INFP are different I think. More open and carefree than the guarded male INFP.

No. I don't even like other infps.

But...

fb83b-fezlove.gif

I can see how that would get old pretty quickly. I'm a female INFP but I hate drama & try to avoid it. Do you think things might work out differently with a female INFP and a male INFJ? I know it all depends on the individual, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts
Could be different with F-INFP and M-INFJ. Have you been spending time with him? Do YOU like him? Time can be a big indicator if you two have compatibility for a relationship. However, remember 'type' isn't the sole reason to have a relationship. ;) Try a few dates and a few more until you feel confidant he is the one. <3 wish you the best.

Reactions: Free and INFJ16
I'm an INFP but pretty close to being INFJ..

I really can't see why they wouldn't be compatible....and the drama thing...it might not have anything to do with that person's MBTI?because INFP's are all about wanting Harmony...And INFJs are very empathatic so both together would be drama free in my opinion. INFJs ans INFP's connect on a deeper level and this makes them feel more fufilled and happy in a relationship.

I love both INFJ and INFP And im even more compatible with the E types.

Most INTP's are hard for me to get along with...

Last edited:
@shygirl
Anyway..regardless of what their MBTI is...

For any relationship to work, you both need to work through your incompabilities together. And there will be incompabilities. Trust me on that one.

My husband is my opposite and despite certain differences, we have a strong connection and complement eachother well. And most of all, we have always fought for our relationship and have always stuck by eachother.

Maybe i'm just getting older but those are my words of wisdom to you. Get yourself a man that will respect you and love you and won't let go of your hand when you both need to walk through fire. If he lets go, then he wasn't the man for you.
:m032:

My initial response to your question is respectfully no. However, two people who care about each other, understand each other and are willing to accommodate each other's preferences can be good partners.

I think a female INFP and male INFJ have a better chance than the reverse.

Almost any type can be a good match. For example, my true love @ruji and I make it work, despite our ingrained hatred for each other. The strong dislike creates a complementary relationship of opposites, (though it repels rather than attracts). But we still make it work. :crazyhug:

So much work :C

Awww honey, but the nights alone in our separate bedrooms in our own apartments was totally worth it. Now, we only live two blocks from each other instead of two states. The court ordered therapist was right, we've made amazing progress. :mlove2:

Wishful Thinker said:
Most INTP's are hard for me to get along with...

Why's that, just curious?

Do you mean by functions theory or the 4 dichotomies?

Reactions: Free