INFJ and living alone? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ and living alone?

get one of those crazy hairless ones!
images

Last edited:
LOL! I had a Devon Rex for a good number of years, and I loved him despite my allergies. But FYI: the allergens really come from a cat's saliva, not their fur. That's why some folks can still be allergic to animals with little to no fur.

*Raises hand with a sneeze*

true but family friends had one for the fur allergy reasons,plus i think they look cool

They do look cool. :) And it really depends on how sensitive you are to the allergen. If you're not that sensitive, then a hairless one or a Rex will probably be fine for you. My allergies to cats gradually got worse over time. I grew up with cats but by the time I reached my 20s I could no longer be near one (asthmatic attacks). I tried the ones purported to be "allergy free" (hence my Rex!) and I was "okay" for a while. But I eventually had to give him to my mother due to my reactions. :(

oh no that sucks!turtles are also very dotey and suprisingly loving pets i got my ex two and they were brilliant!:)

:D Fortunately I'm not as allergic to doggies. So I have a tiny chihuahua. She needs a bath, though. She smells like nacho chips...

oh no that sucks!turtles are also very dotey and suprisingly loving pets i got my ex two and they were brilliant!:)

Just don't make the mistake of putting tropical fish in their tank. Baaaadddddd idea...

I once put frogs in my tank with fish. The fish didn't last long. Damn ninja frogs.

...and when you take them for a walk, you don't have to worry about them ripping the leash from your hand and running off chasing another turtle in heat. :D

...and when you take them for a walk, you don't have to worry about them ripping the leash from your hand and running off chasing another turtle in heat. :D

My sister had a terrapin and they can move surprisingly fast on land.

[youtube]RdZu5yEw7Xg[/youtube]

Attachments

• runningTurtle.gif
    runningTurtle.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I share your sentiments. It's not that I don't like living with people.. but if they are in my room? It just doesn't work out, though I've put effort into it by compromising of course, but no one seems to want to reciprocate. Everything is strained and awkward though she is friendly. Both sets of roommates I've gotten have been my exact opposites! Extremely messy (not just a little bit of stuff, it's incredible!), overflowing trash, late nights with lots of people and very loud, and just a general disharmony that I can't quite explain.

Hopefully next year single rooms are a possibility but I don't even know.. It's really terrifying to imagine a repeat of this. Energy is completely drained from the mess and darkness x.x Dreaming of living in my own little closet size room *o*

I live alone, have for over 10 years. Does it have its benefits? Absolutely! When I started to get lonely, I bought a cat and two cockatiels. At times my place can be a miniature Jerry Springer episode, but the joys of having something, anything happy to see you and not be obtrusive is a joy.

Which leads me to sharing my home with someone else. When my ex lived with me I found the loudness (Major extrovert) overwhelming as well as the lack of sensitivity to my thought processes. So an extrovert of that magnitude - no way. I'm pretty sure I'd be fine with someone as long as they had a firm N to work from and employed a little mutual empathy and communication as well as depth.

In the end, I suppose its about a complimentary fit.

But roomates, (vision: Darth Vader yelling 'Noooooooo') I've found I'm much happier and centered NOT having one. My home is my sanctuary from the world, where I can be at peace.

I am a bit jealous of those with pets, but I am allergic to fur and feather type animals. It isn't just the fur, it is dander and saliva as well. I have become less sentimental about animals as a result. Unfortunately most of my friends have cats and rats so I just don't go over there any more. My kids want me to get a fish. "You can put it in the bathtub." Maybe, but I'm not sharing my bath stuff.

I prefer living alone, but sometimes it's nice to get out of that vacuum. I've never been married so I'm not sure how that'll pan out (if it does). I know I don't like living with others that much and I think it's because there's too much of ME and not enough of them.

Ideally, I think I could live with a male partner with whom I'm totally committed (and he's totally committed to me). As in marriage, as in "death do us part." That's the only way I see it working because I can totally be myself without repercussions - and he would understand my ways (and I'd understand his). It would take a lot to get there, though. I'd need some time to bond with him before we got to that point.

+1

Note: The following is my thoughts on living alone, plus a lonely rant, so bear with me. This thread makes me feel like I'm a weird INFJ. I'm highly introverted but I hate it when I have to live by myself. I'm currently living alone for about a week and I'm feeling really lonely right now even though I had friends staying with me for most of the weekend. I have a cat but she's quite introverted so she likes being by herself a lot. Are there any other INFJs who feel the same way?

Is this your first time living on your own?

It's my first time doing it for a "significant" period of time (I've only ever done it for a weekend at the most).

Been there. There's a great difference between solitude and 'aloneness' or lonliness. Solitude is something we seek, where lonliness is a result of not feeling a part of or 'belonging to'.
But what you do have is freedom. :D
And that's scary.
You get to decide how your life goes without anybody telling you what to do or having anyone to give guidance. This is probably where the part of feelings come from.