INFJ and a calming effect? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ and a calming effect?

Strange, I always thought ISFPs were the calming ones. They give me a chance to rest my Ni and use my Se. Most of my close friends are SF.

ISFP's are calming. The second they get in active mode though, they are very energizing and exciting (one of my best friends is ISFP).

Apparently, I don't have a calming effect. My ENTJ sister says, "You have an irritating effect on people."

I was like, "D8>"

Apparently, I don't have a calming effect. My ENTJ sister says, "You have an irritating effect on people."

I was like, "D8>"

Well she is your sis. And a TJ so I could you guys butting heads once an a while.

Last edited:
I think that's it. And I'm kind of annoying on purpose sometimes because it gets REALLY boring doing homework all of the time. I don't think that applies to the general public (or at least I hope not :B)

I often have needy people clinging to me because of my calming effect. Everyone I become friends with tells me they are in love with me. I'm not arrogant enough to think I am irresistible or anything like that... they all say the same thing; that I make them feel calm and accepted. I get the nice eyes comment all the time. I don't like this though because people tend to rely on me instead of solving their own problems and suddenly I become a demon when they figure that out. It drains my energy and makes me physically ill.

So end the end, everything becomes my fault in their eyes.

And people wonder why I don't want be more open to everyone...

Reactions: Blind Bandit
This has been bothering me for awhile and making me very depressed so I want to just say it here:

Everyone always wants me to save them, but when will someone save me?

Reactions: gloomy-optimist
Often times I get the "you made me feel a lot better", thing, though. I love hearing that! Sometimes I'm not sure if my advice is helping, so it's nice to know.