TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
how would you fix the world's problems?

or would you not do anything at all?

Would you have a sense of humor about it? cosmic irony? let the racist bigot die of racist bigotry, etc.?

Would you create more planets, more people, more food? Would you cut down the population rate, give everyone an entire continent on which to live & prosper?

Would you undo that whole speed of light limit thing, since by all accounts that was a bad move on God's part? xD

would you undo death? or make life potentially endless?

would you forgive everyone? or punish them according to their deeds?

If you were God, what would you want to be? merciful, just, all powerful, indifferent --would you want to remain God, after you'd created the universe, or would you make yourself cease to exist (or transform into something else?) what if the universe IS God - the physical manifestation of God -what if God decided this is what he wants to be -and every one of us is a little part of God, a part of the whole?

just a bunch of random q's on my mind, feel free to answer one or all or something vaguely related, whatever you like. for the record, i'm divided on God's existence. i think god may very well exist, but probably not in the form described by most modern religions. i kind of think imagining what god could be like is like trying to imagine what aliens could look like - any creature with a face like structure has descended from a common ancestor (which supposedly lived on earth), which means that aliens couldn't have a face - or at least not the kind of face we're used to. same with god. we'd be projecting what we see of each other -of other humans -onto what we think of God, and that might be far from the truth. but still, it's interesting to ponder, and i'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Push reset.

(okay, that's a cop out. I want to answer this better in an hour to two at work)

I'd love everything whether it be very perfect or very imperfect - ie. I'd leave things as they are.

Reactions: rawr
I'll have to think about this more, but my initial reaction is that I'd try to make things a bit more fair. I wouldn't change much. I wouldn't add or take away anything. It's so difficult for me to say, though, specifically, what I would do, because I have a feeling that whatever I did, the repercussions would be so unimaginable. I would very likely make things worse with only good intentions.

I'd forgive anyone who would let me forgive them.

what if the universe IS God

well imo you hit the nail on the head there, but this is a tough question. i'd like to say id let it run its course for good or for worse, but this is coming from the guy who rescues moths out of his bedroom, or hopscotches across a paved driveway so as not to step on any nightcrawlers when it rains. more likely than not i wouldn't have the self restraint to let injustice go uncorrected. there is a chance this would do more harm than good in some instances, but i still dunno if i could let it go. at least not if i had the perception of the world that i currently do.

first thing's first: destroy the hormone testosterone.
next, send Jesus for the second time and have him tell everyone that the bible was mostly metaphorical. then I'd send Buddha and have him open up a few schools.
I'd probably assail some evil dictators with visions until they become obsessed with helping people, and hand out a few vivid realizations to some of the lesser evil people.
I would probably have Jesus lay down some new ground rules, including the preservation of the planet and an end to war.

If any extremist groups crop up with some end of days repentance bologna, I'll beam them up into a meeting room with me and have a long talk.

Once I'm done, I'll say that everyone is doing a good job and as a human race they never really needed me at all. then I'd disappear and just keep an eye on things.

If I were God, why would I care about this place? What is God anyway?

God is supposedly an entity that cares about and watches over the human race. Or God just looks after you and people you like, if you're an extremist.

So if you were God, I guess you would care about this place by default. Otherwise, you would just be an incorporeal intelligence orbiting a black hole in the middle of space.

Hold the US accountable for its war crimes, read out the declaration of independence of cyberspace in a stern authoratative voice without language so everyone hears, understands and knows it was me that said it, and then do a Lucifer(Vertigo).

I would send plagues upon those that wear clothes made of mixed fabrics.

Smoting, plenty of smoting

Last edited:
First, I would make everyone gods.

Why?
Huh. Well, that's pretty cool. Good thing I'm not God. I take it back, testosterone can stay. I might just try something else that would have the same desired effect.

Why would you make everyone godly? What's the next step?

good point; assuming God would even care might be where we're going wrong...

You know, my brain is unable to understand what I would even be able to do as god. God is supposed to be all seeing and all knowing, and as I see god, omnipotent and omnipresent; the ultimate objective observer. I understand that much, but at the same time can not imagine what that would be like, therefore I can not really say what I would do as good. I can I would want to be as fair as possible, but I can't truly define that.

I can't define that as I am imperfect, my judgements are not as clear, fair, and understandable as I would prefer them to be. I can't understand the concequences of different actions, how everything effects everything. It's too much for my brain to understand.

Really, no one has the capacity to understand what it would like to be god and what they would do. If they do give off something, it indeed would be wrong from what would be best, without things falling apart or life being what it should be.

Being god is indulging in your most childish, selfish, jealous and superficial whims.

source

Reactions: Faye
Being god is indulging in your most childish, selfish, jealous and superficial whims.

source
Heh. like I said, the bible is largely metaphorical. Also, it's pretty lame. The old testament as well as a few other chapters could be tossed.

I think God is much like us, and not perfect. The hebrew words to desribe God's powers are "very powerful" not all powerful, none of them are absolute. You avoid a lot of good paradoxes this way.

Huh. Well, that's pretty cool. Good thing I'm not God. I take it back, testosterone can stay. I might just try something else that would have the same desired effect.

Why would you make everyone godly? What's the next step?
No worries, this is a very recent study. :) Why would I make everyone gods? Why not, there's not a census test to qualify for the job etc. Also, I actually wouldn't like to be so special.

I think only a lesser god, made in the image of struggling survival-obsessed men, could be able to 'appreciate' being god, alone, and watching others around him exist in sub-optimal state. I pity such god, and those who invented and worshiped the story of him.

Last edited:
No worries, this is a very recent study. :) Why would I make everyone gods? Why not, there's not a census test to qualify for the job etc. Also, I actually wouldn't like to be so special.

I think only a lesser god, made in the image of struggling survival-obsessed men, could be able to 'appreciate' being god, alone, and watching others around him exist in sub-optimal state. I pity such god, and those who invented the story of him.

Would god then be a struggling, survival-obsessed being? That might explain the bible nicely. Would God need to appreciate the fact that they are God? I like Douglas Adams' God in one of the hitchhiker's books: It's a semi-insane guy in a shack in the middle of nowhere that's not even sure if he is God. It's also possible that his cat is God, he has no idea.

That might explain the bible nicely.
Indeed. xD

I don't know what 'gods' or forces exist beyond our current understanding, I'm only certain the way they are presented in our stories would be offending even for most people if they were in the place of such god, let alone for a truly superior being, if it exists in theory.

I would prefer to be a god than the god.

Like Neptune or something awesome.