If you were a super hero.... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

If you were a super hero....

I'd comment but evidentally on this forum if I make honest comments, I get banned from the topic, so there seems no point of me being honest, now does there?

This sounds like something you might want to bring up in Mediation.

This sounds like something you might want to bring up in Mediation.

Would you mind making a link? Or would the moderator who banned me from a certain topic mind to say who she or he is and why?

Last edited:
I'd comment but evidentally on this forum if I make honest comments, I get banned from the topic, so there seems no point of me being honest, now does there?

If you don't speak honestly and criticize others when you think you should, then whats the point of a forum anyway?

Objective criticism is always welcome. Unless of course if by "comment" you mean insult.

If you don't speak honestly and criticize others when you think you should, then whats the point of a forum anyway?

Objective criticism is always welcome. Unless of course if by "comment" you mean insult.

Taz, I can't say that I am altogeher "objective" in anything I do, but I also didn't see where I did or said anything so wrong and bad. I really can't even see the topic I can no longer read or participate in, and that is not a big deal to me, but there was no explanation, there was no being of honor to say "I did ths and this is why" - in short it was like a Sniper killing a supposed prey, only I don't know how to die. I don't really care if I was removed from that blog, but whoever did that, please have the guts to say you did it and why, ok?

1.The power to manipulate the universe as we know it...but somehow if a superhero this power would not often be used
2. The power to create portals to new dimensions of my own construction
3.The power to read minds
My name would be...Tragedy
...my costume would be long, loose and flowing

Last edited:
Taz, I can't say that I am altogeher "objective" in anything I do, but I also didn't see where I did or said anything so wrong and bad. I really can't even see the topic I can no longer read or participate in, and that is not a big deal to me, but there was no explanation, there was no being of honor to say "I did ths and this is why" - in short it was like a Sniper killing a supposed prey, only I don't know how to die. I don't really care if I was removed from that blog, but whoever did that, please have the guts to say you did it and why, ok?

I understand. I would probably feel the same way you do, If smth like that had happened to me, but it could always be just a stand alone incident. I hope you can sort it out in the mediation area.

I understand. I would probably feel the same way you do, If smth like that had happened to me, but it could always be just a stand alone incident. I hope you can sort it out in the mediation area.

I am making that effort right now. Thanks, dude.

Well to put this thread back on topic, why do you guys suppose that superheros went from wearing colorful capes and tights like these...

Superman.jpg

To loose and dark clothing like this...

blade-trinity_snipes.jpg

The earlier superheroes were more idealistic and came from a more idealistic time. The darker heroes/antiheroes are a truer reflection of humans as imperfect beings and therefore makes the heroes more relatable.

Or maybe cause black always looks badass.:thumb:

Well to put this thread back on topic, why do you guys suppose that superheros went from wearing colorful capes and tights like these...

Superman.jpg

blade-trinity_snipes.jpg

I think people are starting to become more fond of the mysterious type.

Reactions: VH
The earlier superheroes were more idealistic and came from a more idealistic time. The darker heroes/antiheroes are a truer reflection of humans as imperfect beings and therefore makes the heroes more relatable.

This is the correct answer.

Hm, now that you mention it, characters like Neo and Blade are really representative of the times. They are heroes born into worlds that are cold, apathatic, and dangerous. They still follow the archetype of a superhero, but with a nihilistic tinge, probably as a result of the conservative dominion over America's mindset for the last 30 years. Now that the times are changing, I wonder what kind of heroes we will see. Superman was born in the Great Depression, and we are moving into one of the worst recessions ever in America's history, so maybe tights and colors will be back in style.

*sigh* all the superman pictures :bounce:

I want the ability to fly (in my human form)
Able to read peoples thoughts
And the ability to transform into any earth creature whle keeping my human intellect.

As for costume, I have an affinity for leather.

No capes! Didn't any of you watch The Incredibles!?!

I have never understood the concept of a cape. On a practial level, they just get in the way. The do look cool though...

Superman.jpg

blade-trinity_snipes.jpg

I think the answer is simpler than that. Once we put real people on television in spandex outfits, it became apparent how silly they actually looked. Therefore, costume designers came up with outfits that didn't.

In a comic book, spandex can form itself to exaggerate the definition that comes with 0% body fat. Costumes can be colored to match their surroundings, pulling the whole experience together as a visually pleasing image. Even today, I don't mind looking at Superman in comic books.

Ironically, Blade usually looks pretty lame in a comic book. It's more of a function of the media (Video vs. Illustration) than a sign of the times.

christreevesup6.jpg

blade.gif

Alcyone, I think you and I have a very healthy affinity for Pixar! :D
The Incredibles rocked! (Though not quite as much as Wall-E!)

Superpowers? I have a great affinity for water, therefore I'd have hydrokinesis. (Yes, I made that word up, and no I apparently wasn't the first!) Combined with the ability to fly, it'd be pretty awesome! I could fly up a little, wrap a "bubble" of water around me, and no matter how fast I went, there'd be no wind resistance! I don't think I'd need a third power.

Von Hase: Not to start a moral debate, but you have considered the ramifications of messing with free will, yes?

EDIT: In other news, this is my 100th post! :D

Last edited:
Von Hase: Not to start a moral debate, but you have considered the ramifications of messing with free will, yes?

Yes. No need to have the debate. I've had it with myself, and it took a long time to come to a solution. My answer is this: It is acceptable to remove the option of harming others from someone, whether by standing between them and their victim, disarming them of their weapons, or removing it from their will.

It is true that all of these options are an offense against those that would inflict harm, as they all steal something from them, whether an option, an object, or a part of themselves. However, each of these methods of protecting others does require a greater degree of responsibility. The potentials for abuse escalate as the powers become more invasive. Such a power would have to be extremely limited, which is why I worded it that way.

I feel it is worse to injure someone in reaction to harming someone else than it is to make them unable to choose to injure someone else. In my opinion, removing the ability to harm others from someone is an option that protects both attacker and victim. If no one wanted to harm others in my presence, then I haven't removed anything from them. If they did, this power would be the psychic equivalent of holding them down and stopping them physically, or putting a force field between them and their intended victim.

Last edited:
*Wants to start debate, but suddenly his will to do so vanishes!*

You have thought it through. That's all I wanted to know. :thumb: