If you could change your type would you? | INFJ Forum

If you could change your type would you?

This

Banned
Oct 16, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
This question is addressed to [MENTION=387]IndigoSensor[/MENTION] but is open to everyone;

Operating under the assumption that you can not in fact change your type I raise the question would you prefer changing your type over growing in the type you already are and why?

isfp actually. So artistic. I could live in my own sensor world with my Fi but alas, its not meant to be.

Reactions: Neuropedia
YES.

Not that there's anything wrong with INFJs
I just wish I were more stable.

Sometimes I wish I was ENFJ or ENTJ because I really love those types and I think my life might be a little better for it.

Then the thought of it just seems exhausting. I like how my brain works a lot. I think my mind has developed in a way that works really well for me personally, as I'm sure most people feel the same, regardless of their type. All the types are really interesting in their own right.

And of course, development as an individual takes precedent, so as long as I'm going down that path my type is more of an after thought.

Reactions: Gaze and Neuropedia
Nope. I like who I am.

I sometimes wish I was istj...mostly because the majority of my family is...
and I've tried to fit in. EPIC FAIL. I've learned trying to deny who I am
is futile, and makes me uncomfortable and unhappy. And I know there
are things that I'm capable of that they aren't, which makes me who I am.
So in the end, no.

Reactions: Gaze
I've never wanted to change my personality, regardless of type. I like me very much.

Reactions: Feelings
na

yes but no, at the same time....

I'd like to be more outgoing more comfortable with people and so on, but at the same time I don't want to be a loud talkative individual. I like being the one behind the scenes, the one who speaks when she has something of worth to say rather than just talking all the time.

but I wouldn't trade my NF for the worlde.

i like this type but enfj seems interesting.
extraverts seem less likely to be depressed, from what i've noted.

extraverts have other problems that introverts dont have

You're all most likely idealizing other types. ENTJ could look "easier" than INFJ. But is it really? :O

So no, I'm fine with whatever I am

YES.

Me too. I also wonder what it's like to be extroverted.

ENTJ. I have too much disrespect for a lack of rationality, or rampant emotionality to be anything except an NT. I'd rather be unbalanced on the NT side than on the feeler side. And sensors... well... I don't even have to go there. And I value Fi very very highly. Extroversion because... let's face it.. it's an extrovert's world. Extroversion is USEFUL.

No way. ENTPs are THE BOMB!

I occasionally envy people with Se, but I think that's because mine sucks hardcore. I don't think I'd be happier if it didn't, though.

Why do you feel as if you can't be artistic as an INFJ?

In what ways do you think you would be more stable as another personality type?

Then the thought of it just seems exhausting. I like how my brain works a lot. I think my mind has developed in a way that works really well for me personally, as I'm sure most people feel the same, regardless of their type. All the types are really interesting in their own right.

And of course, development as an individual takes precedent, so as long as I'm going down that path my type is more of an after thought.

What is it that you find compelling about the ENFJ and ENTJ types? is it just a matter of the extroverted part or is there more to it than that? I'd also love to know some of the steps you've taken on your path to self discovery away from the typing systems.

:D

is futile, and makes me uncomfortable and unhappy. And I know there
are things that I'm capable of that they aren't, which makes me who I am.
So in the end, no.

:thumb: very nice. Where do you differ in opinion with your istj family if I may ask?

I've never wanted to change my personality, regardless of type. I like me very much.

I like you very much to ;) :blush:

What would you change to and why? I notice you mention that you dissociate reasonably often, do you believe that some things would be easier to deal with if you where a different type?

What do you find compelling about the type that you are?

I'd like to be more outgoing more comfortable with people and so on, but at the same time I don't want to be a loud talkative individual. I like being the one behind the scenes, the one who speaks when she has something of worth to say rather than just talking all the time.

but I wouldn't trade my NF for the worlde.

Why do you believe that you could not become more outgoing in the type you are already? I was under the impression that introversion and extroversion where a matter of where your psychic energy comes from but I could very well be wrong.

What is it that you find interesting about the enfj type? and do you yourself suffer from some depression?

You're all most likely idealizing other types. ENTJ could look "easier" than INFJ. But is it really? :O

So no, I'm fine with whatever I am

Perhaps there is an underlying grass is greener thinking, I can see this in myself but to me I'm getting to a point where improving myself is really what I'm looking at, changing myself in a positive direction seems like it would have a better effect than changing my type so to speak.

Well from my understanding instead of feeling like you're drowning when you don't get enough alone time you feel like you're drowning when you don't spend enough time around others.
ENTJ. I have too much disrespect for a lack of rationality, or rampant emotionality to be anything except an NT. I'd rather be unbalanced on the NT side than on the feeler side. And sensors... well... I don't even have to go there. And I value Fi very very highly. Extroversion because... let's face it.. it's an extrovert's world. Extroversion is USEFUL.

Hmmm, what is your understanding of feelers?

I occasionally envy people with Se, but I think that's because mine sucks hardcore. I don't think I'd be happier if it didn't, though.

In what aspects do you feel as if Se could be of use to you?

ENTJ.

I yearn for stability.

Reactions: Feelings

Why do you feel as if you can't be artistic as an INFJ?

In what ways do you think you would be more stable as another personality type?

What is it that you find compelling about the ENFJ and ENTJ types? is it just a matter of the extroverted part or is there more to it than that? I'd also love to know some of the steps you've taken on your path to self discovery away from the typing systems.

:D

:thumb: very nice. Where do you differ in opinion with your istj family if I may ask?

What would you change to and why? I notice you mention that you dissociate reasonably often, do you believe that some things would be easier to deal with if you where a different type?

What do you find compelling about the type that you are?

Why do you believe that you could not become more outgoing in the type you are already? I was under the impression that introversion and extroversion where a matter of where your psychic energy comes from but I could very well be wrong.

What is it that you find interesting about the enfj type? and do you yourself suffer from some depression?

Perhaps there is an underlying grass is greener thinking, I can see this in myself but to me I'm getting to a point where improving myself is really what I'm looking at, changing myself in a positive direction seems like it would have a better effect than changing my type so to speak.

Well from my understanding instead of feeling like you're drowning when you don't get enough alone time you feel like you're drowning when you don't spend enough time around others.

In what aspects do you feel as if Se could be of use to you?

The only thing i'd like it for is so that I will notice physical details about things. I tend to be in my head so much that I completely pass over things that are very blatantly obvious. How would it help me? Well, I'd be a better WoW player and I think it'd help with my creative eye and my modeling, but I don't think it would make a drastic difference in my life.

@sandra_b

@notmeganfox

[MENTION=1834]sandra_b[/MENTION] I think that Sali is harmlessly flirting with you.

[MENTION=3255]Sali[/MENTION] Well they're not stuuuuuppiiiddd but aren't able to stick to rationality as close as thinkers. Way too easy to lose control to how they feel.