If you could be in the brain of an animal which one would it be? | INFJ Forum

If you could be in the brain of an animal which one would it be?

Altruistic Muse

Community Member
Apr 6, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4?
I think I wouldn't mind finding out how a dog's brain works, or a cat's. But that's because I think it would be something familiar to our base instincts. However I think my worst nightmare would see with the eyes and brain of a fly or insect. They are esentially aliens in anatomy and instinct and the thought is actually really scary!

Any animal that doesn't kill it's partners or kids after sex or something fucked up like that. I'd say a bird of some kind, to see if they realise how lucky they are that they can fly!

Ha, I bet they wish they could walk properly! Or that they could stay on the ground for a while rather than be eaten straight away. That's one bad thing about mammals actually, the whole eating their kids if they get the wrong scent on them... maybe I'll cut it down to larger mammals. Anything but a fly though. Or a fish.

I think I'd want to be a domesticated smart breed of dog or a cat just to see what views they have on living in a human dwelling, how they feel about their boundaries and their views on humans and human behaviours if they have any.

I'd like to jump into the mind of my snake. I wonder if it's actually as boring as it looks to be a snake.

Probably none, animals aren't all that intelligent.

But isn't that an interesting point. They could be intelligent in their own way and if they are less intelligent than you, you get to experience the thought processes of a less intelligent mind.
If they are dumb it would sort of make me wander why. How did something reach such an unintelligent conclusion?
But to be honest I think some animals are pretty intelligent.

I would like to soar as an Eagle, to fly freely and see everything below in great detail.

How slant read this thread:

If you could beat the brain out of any animal which one would it be?

slant's response: monkey.

Reactions: Arg
An insect. A spider would be fascinating.

giraffe_ngr-4450.jpg
Definitely a giraffe but I just might be disappointed.

A human female. There's isn't a more mysterious labyrinth in all the universe.

Dolphins are actually very intelligent, and Dr. Keirsey says that that is the best animals to represent idealists!

If you look up a dolphin and see its brain, it's not much different from ours.

I would probably chose either a dolphin or an owl.

Well, I think we would experience pure instinct and the instinct to survive overall. It would be amazing.
I think I'd pick an eagle or a cheetah.

ps. some of the above posts have given me good giggles.

Insects, reptiles and amphibians do not have any cognative ability... to jump into their brain would be utterly pointless because what you would see is;

"Food..... Shelter...... Mate..... Food "

in varying degrees depending on time of year/priority.

Mammals have some degree of self awareness and cognative ability and would be somewhat interesting but VERY VERY basic compared to what you are used to... lets just say it won't be like Watership Down.

I would have to say a Dolphin, becase as a previous poster mentioned they have the most advanced brain (aside our own) than any other animal, they can also go places we can only dream of. Also, without the strain of work and thinking of mortgages etc, I would be interested in what an intelligent sea dweller would think about.

An Orangutan. From what I know about them, they have a sense of humor and I am really curious to "get" their jokes.

Insects, reptiles and amphibians do not have any cognative ability... to jump into their brain would be utterly pointless because what you would see is;

"Food..... Shelter...... Mate..... Food "

in varying degrees depending on time of year/priority.
So what you are actually saying is "Been there done that"?

Last edited:
... It is science.. I am assuming people want to explore the thought processes of the animals. You know the tyranosaurus rex had a brain the size of a walnut... all it contained was motor-neuro information and basic instinct (to eat and sleep and procreate etc).

I am not saying I have been inside a spiders brain, but when a spider makes its web, it is like us walking. We don't 'think' about it... it is inherent, and intrinsic reflex.

Maybe the way I said it was a bit arrogant... I apologise for that.