Reon

Midnight's Garden
Nov 1, 2008
MBTI
Questioning?
Enneagram
5w6
http://www.readingsoft.com/

I can read 897 words per minute with 91% comprehension. I'm a bit sleepy, but I doubt I read faster than this. (A year or so ago, the first time I took a test that tested how fast I read, I was somewhere around 600 words per minute)

Reactions: NeverAmI
1022wpm at 73%

My retention sucks this early in the morning ><

I did it but the buttons didn't work in Chrome.

172 at 82% comprehension. I always knew i was a slow reader, and unfortunately I valued learning over speed, which is why I struggled with reading in college because i could never get through texts quickly enough. Much of the material we read wasn't something you could simply skim through - it was dense theory, and you could get so much out of analyzing a single sentence. But thing is when i read for understanding (which meant reading slowly), the quality of my papers were better. I would never remember anything if i skimmed a book.

Last edited:
416 and 91%

Hmmm much better than I anticipated. I am terribly slow... but I guess I'm average. My parents read crazy fast.

295 WPM and 91% Comprehension

Wouldn't be surprised if it was under 200 in High School. My reading abilities are WAY better.

Disappointing, but English/reading was never strong with me.

Props to Reon, this is a badass test.

436 words at 91% comprehension. Although I'm going to be an English Major, I have always considered myself a pretty slow reader, so not bad I think :D.

Last edited:
Shit I am tempted to kidnap Reon and figure out how to steal his reading abilities.

Ahh what I could do with that speed!

223wpm
100%

I am a slow thinker in general, however I am generally efficent with it, so I am not all that surprised with the results. Language has always been a struggle with me, I had the reading skills of a 1st grader in 5th grade. I can actually talk rather fast though.

299wpm

82% comprehension

I got distracted but considering that that happens often I bet this is a good representation.

I also think paper reading is easier on the eyes.

312 wpm, 91% comprehension

I wonder how my result would have compared to when I was in school. Interesting test. I'll probably take this again later to compare when I've been awake longer.

Last edited:
223wpm
100%

I am a slow thinker in general, however I am generally efficent with it, so I am not all that surprised with the results. Language has always been a struggle with me, I had the reading skills of a 1st grader in 5th grade. I can actually talk rather fast though.

Interesting, its the opposite for me. I can read rather fast, though I am a slow speaker.

1022wpm at 73%

My retention sucks this early in the morning ><

Shit I am tempted to kidnap Reon and figure out how to steal his reading abilities.

Ahh what I could do with that speed!

o_O! Don't kidnnap me, kidnap Skathac. He's at a world class reading level!

I don't normally read that fast though, I think. When I'm passively reading I read around 500 wpm. Reading 700+ wpm requires a lot of concentration.

o_O! Don't kidnnap me, kidnap Skathac. He's at a world class reading level!

I don't normally read that fast though, I think. When I'm passively reading I read around 500 wpm. Reading 700+ wpm requires a lot of concentration.

I don't know what my relaxed "enjoy a book" mode is. I just hit start and went to it. I tend to only find enjoyment out of a book the second or third time I read it. I can slow down if I focus on trying to take my time but a few minutes later I'm chewing through the words again like a starving wolverine on methamphetamine eating a rabbit. My mother and her mother are very much the same in this, as is my sister. Maybe part of it is that we started reading really young, I know mom encouraged it.

I don't know what my relaxed "enjoy a book" mode is. I just hit start and went to it. I tend to only find enjoyment out of a book the second or third time I read it. I can slow down if I focus on trying to take my time but a few minutes later I'm chewing through the words again like a starving wolverine on methamphetamine eating a rabbit. My mother and her mother are very much the same in this, as is my sister. Maybe part of it is that we started reading really young, I know mom encouraged it.

I see. I tend to only read books once, and that works out fairly well for me. Although the second trip does make things a lot more clear (because you know what happens and what a situation is leading to.) Haha, I remember a time in class where people would read out loud and I would get so annoyed...I'd just read the rest of the chapter and then go to sleep. People are rather shocked at my ability to read fast, especially since I don't read much outside of my English classes and the internet. I started reading really young as well, I think I was 3 or 4. I learned how to read (well) just so I could play a video game >_>.

I see. I tend to only read books once, and that works out fairly well for me. Although the second trip does make things a lot more clear (because you know what happens and what a situation is leading to.) Haha, I remember a time in class where people would read out loud and I would get so annoyed...I'd just read the rest of the chapter and then go to sleep. People are rather shocked at my ability to read fast, especially since I don't read much outside of my English classes and the internet. I started reading really young as well, I think I was 3 or 4. I learned how to read (well) just so I could play a video game >_>.

Only finding enjoyment the second or third time may be a bit too final. It feels that way most of the time because the second trip everything does jump out at me so much more vividly.

We may need to use your experience to promote reading with video games. :)

I know I started reading young, I think I mentioned 5 being the age I learned to read in another thread but recollecting I can't say for sure...everything earlier than my teenage years is a blur aside from blips in my memory. I can remember chapter work as you describe, finishing very quickly then going to sleep or reading a novel to get out of the classroom for awhile.

I remember the first time I got in trouble for supposedly not doing my work in third grade. The teacher was reading the chapter and she was going so slow I thought I was about to go out of my mind, we were supposed to be following along. I finished the chapter very quickly then began reading about Custer and the battle of Little Bighorn in a book I had checked out from the library. The teacher saw what I was doing and scolded me, told me to follow along as she instructed. I tried for a little while, became bored rather quickly and started reading about Custer again. Ended up having to copy the chapter five times while everyone else was out at recess...that woman was a real bitch. Fourth grade was better, didn't have a teacher that would read the chapter slowly in a monotone voice and she let her students work at their own speed. When I got finished with my chapter work she had me help a student that I guess was learning disabled in some way. He had alot of trouble reading and I can remember going over the different chapters with him to help him get a better understanding of the content.

Reactions: acd
215 words per minute, 73% comprehension. For me, it really depends on my level of interest in the subject. If there are lots of facts and figures, I'll tend not to retain the information. However, concepts and ideas represented in text tend to stick with me more. I'm usually a slightly slow speaker, but it depends on the situation, but usually a very fast writer, also depending on the situation.