How Fast Do You Read? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How Fast Do You Read?

889 wpm. 82% comprehension.

That was interesting, I've never done a test like that before.

I don't usually read at that level because it's just not as enjoyable. I want to be able to create the scene in my mind when reading a good book.

616 and 91%.... That's bad for me. I need to brush up on my reading. I haven't been reading much besides information on Health Care Reform which you don't want to speed read.

Pfft! I have a reading ability in the 1st percentile!! :p

(1st percentile == 4th grade reading ability. Sad face, Paladin. Sad face.)

[Whatever. At least I'm number 1. Wooo!]

Last edited:
Paladin-X, I'm sure the test must be broken.

Negative. I am the one who is broken. My response was based on the results of a psycho-educational assessment that was professionally administered by a psychologist.

My reading speed is about 60-80 wpm, with a comprehension rate of maybe 50 - 60 %. I can 'read' or scan the words much faster than that, but I have to re-read many times to gain even minimal understanding.

However, when reading things on an Internet forum, I can read much faster. I understand people better than books.

460 wpm 73% comprehension

I waited about 15 min to take the comprehension part

306 wpm and 82% comprehension, but I mostly completely guessed all the questions so in reality it was probably more like 5% comprehension at most outside of retaining the main points. I always thought I read hella slow, but according to this thing, I'm at least average.

Reactions: acd
282 words per minute with 64% comprehension. Not what I was hoping for, but imma look at it like THIS... I'm 85 over average? xD

slightly improved: 207 wpm at 82% comprehension.

One sentence per minute with a better than fifty percent chance of understanding.

521 wpm with 91% comprehension
Pretty bad considering when I was in 8th grade I was tested at around 1800 something and around 95-98% comprehension.
I taught myself how to read at 3 years of age and read every day most of the day until i was 15 years of age. I think my lifestyle choices and lack of reading have played a major role in the degeneration of my reading capability.

205 67%. Bombed it LOL!

This test isn't very well thought out or put together. Language used and writing
style effect the speed at which one reads. Reading Jung or Nietzsche is nothing
like reading eight paragraphs on ways to improve reading and comprehension
skills.

Anyway, 516 and 91% though I don't think this is valid at all. When I read scientific
articles my reading speed is dying snail and I have to read it about ten times sometimes
before I really start to comprehend wtf is being got at.