How do you respond when crushed upon?? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

How do you respond when crushed upon??

How do your respond when crushed on?

• Huh? Crushed on? Never happens, ever...

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Nothing...

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Run away!!!!

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Demand daily tribute of dessert

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
I just tell them the truth when someone tells me they like me. I am pretty dense at picking up signals. Most of my friends have been guys so, yeah. :p

When I detect a crush, I spend a long long time debating whether or not to pursue it. If I'm not interested at all, I try and be as non-confrontational as possible...act civilly and politely, but don't act super nice to give any indication that I may be interested back. But even if there's just a little interest I'll waver back and forth for days (weeks even!) debating whether to reciprocate. Then when I decide to act the moment has typically passed...

Once I felt a crush from someone with whom I was very much interested in, but when I tried to take it to the next level she got scared and stopped talking to me....! Weird weird. I still think about that from time to time.

Once I felt a crush from someone with whom I was very much interested in, but when I tried to take it to the next level she got scared and stopped talking to me....! Weird weird. I still think about that from time to time.

Dude, the same thing happened to me. Apparently my detection criteria were off for this person. I wasn't trying to level up though, I was simply attempting honesty...
Apparently I'm very very frightening:m077:

And Welcome KingofSpades

Thanks for the welcome! Yes my "detection criteria" as you put it have failed me recently again...someone at work kept walking back and forth in front of my desk, giving me "the eyes" for about a week. I need to really make sure it's "safe" before I make a risk on a date, but she really seemed into me, so I asked her to get some coffee, just something low key. She seemed excited, and we had a good cup of tea. Anyway, the next week I asked her out again, and this time she mentioned she was going somewhere with her boyfriend, who she had never mentioned up until then....not sure what that's all about!!

The worst part about being an INFJ is thinking about all this stuff over and over trying to analyze it. I think sometimes there's just nothing to analyze, but the habit is hard to break.

The worst part about being an INFJ is thinking about all this stuff over and over trying to analyze it. I think sometimes there's just nothing to analyze, but the habit is hard to break.

It's second nature for me. There's this part of my brain that keeps whispering "everything is significant". Not necessarily in the context of people's interactions with me, but in the sense of everything. I guess that's why the description here: http://forum.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=36095&postcount=3 states that the INFJ is the conspiracy theorist.

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]INFJ : The Conspiracy Theorist

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Beneath the calm, collected exterior of the INFJ lies the horrible reality of someone who has seen The Truth. The INFJ knows what other people are too naive or too brainwasted to admit: the Conspiracy is real. Mistrustful and suspicious, the INFJ is not easily fooled, and does not take the word of the government-controlled medico-military-industrial complex for anything. Whether it's uncovering the plot by butter-eating Jews to clog the arteries of Christian folk with artificial margarine or discovering the secret laboratory in Tibet that's producing legions of Jimmy Carter clones that will be sent out to seize the manufacturing facilities in the Guangdong Province of China under the pretext of inspecting chickens for influenza, there is no lengths the INFJ won't go to in order to blow the lid off the whole thing.

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]INFJs can often be found holding down jobs as AM radio talk-show hosts. They can also be found driving taxis in the greater Washington, DC area. Other common jobs often held by INFJs include vagrant, loony, whacko, and writer/director/producer of the television show "Seinfeld." INFJs can also be found feeding that crucial bit of information to determined FBI agents just before they are brutally murdered.

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]RECREATION: INFJs often come home from a hard day's work exposing conspiracies about how the government is poisoning us with mind-control agents spread by passenger airliners and unwind by spending all night writing Web sites exposing conspiracies about how NASA faked the Bush election.

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]COMPATIBILITY: INFJs are usually happiest and most successful in relationships with Julia Roberts, though the relationships may not end happily.

[/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Famous INFJs include...well, if I told you, I'd have to kill you.[/FONT]
The unfortunate thing is even when I want to stop it, I'm not sure how. And so it's kinda hard to turn that off. I know it goes off while I'm sleeping, and exercising but that's about it.

Usually not aware of such things. What is this "crush" you speak of? :m125:

Usually not aware of such things. What is this "crush" you speak of? :m125:

Aww, I got a crush on you! *winks* Don't pretend you didn't know :)

It depends. I usually don't like them back, though. I prefer to use the word "picky".

If I do not like them: I either ignore their phoencalls, texts, etc. or tell them I just don't feel the same way
-it usually doesn't even get to this stage though, as I avoid eye contact with people I don't like (i.e. usually agressive people unless they are rediculously funny)

I if I do like them: I flirt right back. But only when flirted with first. It's more of a confidence thing than anything.

Let's find out.
Someone develop a crush on me and we'll go from there.
Wait...ok...NOW!

Normally when someone shows interest in me my first instincts are "IT'S A TRAP! FLEE!!" :m097:
And I've kinda done that, once...

Never has happened..at least I don't think so..either that or I'm very naive lol..I'm to much of a solitary outcast.

Never has happened..at least I don't think so..either that or I'm very naive lol..I'm to much of a solitary outcast.

sounds a little like me lol. I've never known anyone to crush on me. But apparently last year, my friend told me a primary school friend told me that another friend like me then..which was around 8 years ago, when I was 10 HAHAHA

I've only know someone to have a crush on me once. She was a girl who was conveniently told by my sister that I'm gay, so she knew nothing was going to happen. therefore, I did nothing. We were friends, and we stayed friends. Her crush really didn't change anything, amazingly enough, it didn't even make me uncomfortable.

I personally think this is the best thing to do, just be friends with them, but make sure they know nothing more. I can say this with confidence, as its currently being done to me, and I very much appreciate it.

So then...it's a no-go?

For sure someone could humour me long enough for me to develop some sort of reaction for the sake of this thread and the knowledge to be contained herein!