How do you feel about being chased? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

How do you feel about being chased?

What kinds of people usually pursue you as a potential love interest?

the people that others don't seem to be kind to, the misunderstood or under appreciated and the down right hated.

Do those people that pursue you usually "match up" with you and your personality?

nope

Have you ever found that you like someone less if they are chasing you than if you are chasing them?

meh

I feel inner anguish when I am chased.

The anguish comes from the knowledge of the truths about my most inner vulnerabilities being potentially harmed, yet again if I am interested in the person too...

Usually if I am interested in someone, or if someone is interested in me and is actively persuing me, I will feel a ton of fear and pressure and just flee the room.

*sobs too*

Restraint said:
Pathetic much?

Huh? No, why would that be pathetic?

I don't mind being "chased" at all. I find it extremely flattering, although I shy away from folks who come on way too strong. Sometimes its because I get bored, sometimes its because I get the feeling that they're only in it for one thing. And sometimes because they get really annoying.

I like my partners to enjoy my company, but I also want them to have their own lives. If I'm the center of attention all the time, it's really taxing on my energy.
This^^^

Just usually the people who chase me fall into the 'coming on too strong' category.

NTs and other degenerates. Although lately I've become a Feeler magnet. i'm terrified of you Nf men. I feel like I'm going to break you. *sad face*

Do those people that pursue you usually "match up" with you and your personality?

Nine times out of ten. No. But I'm notoriously picky and specific about what I want. Its a short list, but every thing better be checked off or you can keep walking. i think most people find me a little perplexing anyway.

Do you find that you attract others who don't "match up" with you? Why or why not?

Yes, because people see what they want to see with me. I think the randomness of my personality allows people to glom onto parts of me that fit into what they want and ignore the rest.

Have you ever found that you like someone less if they are chasing you than if you are chasing them?

Um to paraphrase The Notorious B.I.G.: I don't chase men, I replace men. Seriously though, I don't play games. Either you want me or you don't. don't get me wrong, I'm not above using my wiles, but only on the worthy. You have to be an exceptional man for me to chase you. I don't know, I'm used to being chased.

Last edited:
Um to paraphrase The Notorious B.I.G.: I don't chase men, I replace men. Seriously though, I don't play games. Either you want me or you don't. don't get me wrong, I'm not above using my wiles, but only on the worthy. You have to be an exceptional man for me to chase you.

LOL. I need to take some notes from you, girl. If I'm not chased, I'm just too damn lazy to put in any sort of effort to even look for uh, "replacements."

LOL. I need to take some notes from you, girl. If I'm not chased, I'm just too damn lazy to put in any sort of effort to even look for uh, "replacements."

Hee, its the easiest thing in the world! Just say randomly charming stuff, laugh easily and kiss as if you're a little bit thirsty. Cleverness and long legs are also a bonus, but hardly a requirement. The boys will be lined up for miles and days. Now as for getting rid of them, heh, you're own your own there.

Hee, its the easiest thing in the world! Just say randomly charming stuff, laugh easily and kiss as if you're a little bit thirsty. Cleverness and long legs are also a bonus, but hardly a requirement. The boys will be lined up for miles and days. Now as for getting rid of them, heh, you're own your own there.

I'll admit that I got the gams, but I lack the coquettish charm. :p

I've only been chased once that I'm aware of.

The thing about being chased is that I usually don't know someone is interested in me until they express that interest, and I will develop an interest for them purely because they're interested in me and it makes me curious. I've had very few people who I've developed a liking for without knowing ahead of time that they liked me first. Even though the other party will initiate, I'm usually the one who goes in for the kill. I like being able to be the person in charge :D

Oh, and so far, there hasn't been a person interested in me in which our personalities didn't mesh. I attract the right kinda people, alright, thumbs up
:)

I've only been chased once that I'm aware of.

The thing about being chased is that I usually don't know someone is interested in me until they express that interest, and I will develop an interest for them purely because they're interested in me and it makes me curious. I've had very few people who I've developed a liking for without knowing ahead of time that they liked me first. Even though the other party will initiate, I'm usually the one who goes in for the kill. I like being able to be the person in charge :D

Oh, and so far, there hasn't been a person interested in me in which our personalities didn't mesh. I attract the right kinda people, alright, thumbs up
:)

*Chases Slant*

*Jumps on Slant's back*

GIDDYUP!!!

heh. Do you know what I did to the last person who touched me?

You might wanna watch out.

heh. Do you know what I did to the last person who touched me?

You might wanna watch out.

LESS TALK MORE GIDDYUP!

I don't know what types of people pursue me. I've been told all different reasons by my respective suitors. The first, said he wanted to date me because I treated my dog like a baby and he said he could tell I had "a lot of love to give." Meh. He was an emotional basketcase.

The second one told me he liked me because the day he met me, I wore a pajama shirt and slippers to the bar and ignored everyone at our table. (I was kinda dragged there, anyway.) He liked me because he thought I was anti-social. He was kinda callous.

Match up as in, compatibility? For awhile, I guess. It seemed so, or at least that we complemented one another.

Do you find that you attract others who don't "match up" with you? Why or why not?
I tend to not get along with other people in general. Those I date, though different from myself have some merit to their character that matches up until each the other discovers how annoying the other person can be.
No. I don't chase the boys anyways.

LESS TALK MORE GIDDYUP!

-shrugs neverami off and beats with a wet, sweaty gym sock filled with pebbles-

TAKE THAT!

And when I kill you, afterwards I'll piss on your corpse and dump you in the nearest lake, like a true serial killer would.

All kinds. Well...2 kinds. First are those really interested in pursuing a relationship with me and others who just want to get to know me inappropriately.

Sometimes if I give it a chance.

Of course. I don't know. Sometimes they see something in me that I don't quite see. And other times they feel good being with me and feel like they can be themselves.

Yes. Secretly every girl wants to be chase to a certain degree. Knowing that you have the emotions of a certain someone can give temporary pleasure, power but eventually it fades.

I tend to be chased by people who don't know me too well, but think they do. They usually like one facet of my personality.

Usually, though, I feel like the people that chase me are doing so because they want to fill a void in themselves. That doesn't feel real to me.

-shrugs neverami off and beats with a wet, sweaty gym sock filled with pebbles-

TAKE THAT!

And when I kill you, afterwards I'll piss on your corpse and dump you in the nearest lake, like a true serial killer would.
A true serial killa would either make spare ribs out of the corpse or lamp.

Get with it, yo!

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf