How did public school indocrinate you to become a sheep | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

How did public school indocrinate you to become a sheep

There's nothing inherently hateful or cynical about it.

If I hated sheep, I'd have to hate myself, because I too am a sheep after a fashion.

In fact I catch myself in sheep like behavior all the time. Some times even being a sheep to my own conception of self.

Now I get what you mean - isn't sheep a bit harsh, though? Aren't you just interested in and invested in fashion? When does one become a sheep? When you know what type of clothes Burberry makes?

Now I get what you mean - isn't sheep a bit harsh, though? Aren't you just interested in and invested in fashion? When does one become a sheep? When you know what type of clothes Burberry makes?

I didn't mean fashion as in fashion, I meant fashion as in "after a time", as in after a time it always reveals itself. :D

Where did sheepish grin originate, anyway?

I don't believe in the Big Bang theory and I'm definitely not a sheep. Nor am I a monkey.
At least not last time I checked. :p

Just going through the motions - it was an automatised and somewhat arbitrary education.
That's not to say it was bad, the teachers were often kind and cared about the pupils.
In fact, because exam results were so important to get funding, the teachers put in a LOT of extra time.

But that doesn't change that what they were teaching was pretty arbitrary and purposeless.

Exams and grades were the biggest priority though.

Everyone knew deep down we were the lower classes and so there was an attitude of being royally fucked without qualifications.
I ate it up because I believed the hype. It is still better than not having qualifications though because, to a point, they do count.

It leads to a feeling of bitterness toward education as a means to an end no-one ever asked me if I wanted to achieve.
But I understand that for the vast majority of students there, that was the case. They were preparing us to be cogs in the machine.

When I realised what had happened it took a while to adjust my attitude toward formal education as a whole and perhaps didn't make the most of higher education as a result. But I saw that even the ones who had gone to elite schools were just as frightened of having no 'prospects', perhaps more so because they have a standard of living they had become completely accustomed to. HE felt even more arbitrary and totally impersonal if anything.

I went to a costly elitist private school, and was indoctrinated by them... I don't have any complaints though.

Yeah. I bet it wasn't a bang. It was probably more like a FOOM!
Or a WOOSH!

WOOSH!

Probably just a bunch of light. Sound waves don't travel across a vacuum. On the other hand, I'm sure there was a lot of heavily condensed matter in the first moments of the big bang, so it wasn't really just space, but on the other, other hand, if a tree falls in a forest, and no one hears it, does it really make a sound?