High School Horror Stories | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

High School Horror Stories

Iv'e never been to highschool, I was pulled out of the school system and was homeschooled when I was 10 after my younger sister died.
I taught myself.

But I think the horrors at primary/elementary school is enough.

I've been locked in toilet rooms for hours at a time, picked of the ground while being strangled, being told I was useless good for nothing kid by both students and teachers, been punched in the face, had rocks and shoes thrown at me and my younger handicapped brother (I usually had to protect him), been spat on, sworn at, humiliated by teachers, forced to stand outside in the rain, my work taken off me because I tried to do things differently, forced to face the wall for hours at a time etc.

I was bullied by both teachers and students. I was very depressed at school and often I would hide and cry. I failed at school, the only things I passed was art, creative writing, music and athletics.

I use to hide up in the trees or stay in the school library by myself.
I didn't have many friends as a child.

Uhh, I would have taken major revenge for all of that.

Reactions: BritNi
I have a story about a teacher that was really upsetting. I hesitate because I am a teacher and now I know that being a teacher is not easy. Teachers make mistakes and sometimes can be too harsh. Many should not be teaching.

In hindsight this teacher was a good teacher. She just made alot of mistakes with me.

She was my homeroom teacher and my English teacher.

It was 10th grade.

She was giving a test. Part of the test was spelling with writing the definition.

In her defense she did tell me that she did not want it set up like

Word- definition

That would be an incomplete sentence.

I cant remember now how she wanted it set up.

Well anyways, I forgot. I was a ADD kid. ADD kids have terrible working memories. This means that it is hard to remember rules and such when you are applying what you learned.

There was no information on ADD back then.

She went through and marked it all wrong. I failed the test.

I had an alcoholic at home that flew off the handle over everything. This added so much to my stress.

I wept. I wept. I had trouble stopping the tears. I ended up in the Priests office. He was wonderful.

Since I was in a catholic school the Priest was available to talk to in case of an emergency.

Fast forward 2 years and I had her again for homeroom.

I was thinking about going to University of Massachusetts at Amherst. This is a HUGE school. At the time there were 25,000 kids.

She told me that she did not think I would be successful and that I should think about going to a small school.

I went to UMASS. What can I say. I was quiet, shy with an inner rebelious streak.

In hindsight I can actually see her point.

I actually made many friends. I suffered horribly from depression though. The size of the school did not have anything to do with it really. I did not do well with so much unstructured time.

Even though I had friends I was horribly shy and insecure which made it very tiring to be funny, witty and and a good friend.

I did it though, even though she said I couldn't.

Wow Sookie, that was rather inspiring. I'm glad you were able to prove to her that you could do it. :)

As for my high school horror stories, meh. It's not nearly as horrific, more dramatic. So much drama, it was emotionally draining. -_-

Middle school horror story.

Certain kids would form a circle of about 15 or so and usher their victim into the middle. They would push the kid to the ground and proceed to kick snow onto him until he was completely covered, and knock him down if he tried to get up. This was bad in itself, but I once saw this group of kids do it to another who had down's syndrome. It was, and perhaps still is the most cruel thing I've ever seen.

Holy crap. If I saw that happening, I would yell at those mean kids and :m030: and then :m181: and then :m030: again!

Well, I used to like to hide in grade school. As in, hide under the juniper bushes and make a fort... so I earned the nickname Creature From the Black Lagoon, which stuck with me for quite some time. Into college, actually, and this yucky guy who wound up going to the same university as me tried to revive that nickname into my 20s.

Also, I was a dancer (go figure. this was actually after the hiding phase) and one time we had a wardrobe change in the middle of the piece, and my skirt, which was supposed to stay on as an over-layer came off, actually came off in front of the visiting school's football team, who were behind these big panels where we were supposed to be changing. Sigh.

Oh, and then there was the time I was asked to paint a copy of the Birth of Venus really large on our art room walls --- which I did --- and then this lovely gang of kids started claiming I was a lesbian and calling me names, etc. as a result. Lovely.

Every day was a nightmare for me in school. I absolutely dreaded going. Some days I would fake being sick, not because there was some event, just because I was so fearful of social interaction.

I don't remember any specific nightmares, maybe just spitwads getting shot at me, etc. I was there to do my work and to learn, other people made my life hell. I had a lot of angst but I couldn't build up the nerve to beat the crap out of them. Which I could have done with ease in most cases.

Even in those circumstances I felt like it was my fault, "there must be something wrong with me that is causing them to target me, I need to fix that flaw."

When my grades ultimately started suffering and I was getting too much pressure from school, peers, parents, my sister, and most of all myself, I just imploded.

I really don't remember a lot about those years.

I don't really have any "horror" stories, per se. I knew from day 1 of high school that I'd probably be okay. My friends and I caused some interesting spectacles and I witnessed some neat stuff, so I guess I can share that.

One of the "cool things to do" in my freshman year was to punch a hole through a quarter. My friend B worked on a quarter with a manual hole-punch for an entire class period one day and kept talking about how he was going to tie a string to it and get a bunch of free drinks. I told him it wouldn't work and that I could show him, but he was too scared to put his theory to the test. I went to my art teacher's room, asked for twine ("What for? Actually, nevermind, I don't even want to know."), and tied it to the quarter. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to do this during lunch time. I walked up to the drink machine, put the rigged quarter in, and tried to pull it back out.

No dice.

After a few more failed attempts to pull the quarter out, I noticed a line had formed behind me. I turned around, said "it's out of order," and walked off with a piece of twine hanging out of the quarter slot of the Pepsi machine. B was upset about his quarter but he got over it.

I also got a head start and did some flying-kicks into different drink machines. I don't know why... I guess I just got bored after school.

I have a lot more stories like this one. For me, high school wasn't about learning; it was about entertaining myself until I didn't have to go anymore.

I have been trying to give rep points for people sharing these kinds of stories.
I keep running out :(

I will be back tomorrow with more rep points :)

Anyone who is willing to post an embarrasing story, I think, should get a rep point.

I actaully don't have any horror stories from highschool. It was more or less placid for me when I was actually in school. I was lucky.

My middle school and elementry school days however, were hell. I have many horror stories from then.

Ditto, Indigosensor. Although I wasn't in Highschool for even a year before dropping out. I honestly hated every single person in that building, teachers, students, janitors. I hated them all, for no real reason.

And I still do.

But my middle school and elementary years were terrrrible.

Iv'e done that one too, walking into the boys bathroom. I found it traumatizing.

I went to the guy's restroom in walmart on accident one time and the only way I noticed was the heavy graffiti in there whereas in the female bathroom it didn't exist.

Oh and hot kebab, yup, that's pretty much my elementary/middle school years too.

Last edited:
In our Junior High, (Middle School these days) the building has the district swimming pool.
In gym class every year we spent some time in the pool. I have never been a strong swimmer. I am proficient enough that I would be able to prevent myself from drowning even though I swear I have the buoyancy of a rock.

Anyway, one thing I have never been comfortable with was diving off the diving board.
I managed to avoid it until one day the teacher caught on that I wasn't going through the line and taking my turn. :m123:
He stopped the class and made a big public ordeal out of the fact that I hadn't been jumping off the board.

He then essentially made me walk the plank while belittling me in front of everyone and pushed me off the diving board and into the pool.

Highly humiliating for a 13 year old.

I never understood why it was so damn important that I go off that board.
I didn't gain anything from it other than more hatred toward the school system and those that ran it.

Iv'e never been to highschool, I was pulled out of the school system and was homeschooled when I was 10 after my younger sister died.
I taught myself.

But I think the horrors at primary/elementary school is enough.

I've been locked in toilet rooms for hours at a time, picked of the ground while being strangled, being told I was useless good for nothing kid by both students and teachers, been punched in the face, had rocks and shoes thrown at me and my younger handicapped brother (I usually had to protect him), been spat on, sworn at, humiliated by teachers, forced to stand outside in the rain, my work taken off me because I tried to do things differently, forced to face the wall for hours at a time etc.

I was bullied by both teachers and students. I was very depressed at school and often I would hide and cry. I failed at school, the only things I passed was art, creative writing, music and athletics.

I use to hide up in the trees or stay in the school library by myself.
I didn't have many friends as a child.

Thanks for disclosing this. I'm impressed by your honesty and expressiveness. Your story had a significant impact on me. It's helping me to see the world differently as I contemplate what transpired through your eyes, your student's eyes, and your teacher's eyes. And it's triggering my Fi stronger than I'm comfortable with expressing :)

I have a story about a teacher that was really upsetting. I hesitate because I am a teacher and now I know that being a teacher is not easy. Teachers make mistakes and sometimes can be too harsh. Many should not be teaching.

In hindsight this teacher was a good teacher. She just made alot of mistakes with me.

She was my homeroom teacher and my English teacher.

It was 10th grade.

She was giving a test. Part of the test was spelling with writing the definition.

In her defense she did tell me that she did not want it set up like

Word- definition

That would be an incomplete sentence.

I cant remember now how she wanted it set up.

Well anyways, I forgot. I was a ADD kid. ADD kids have terrible working memories. This means that it is hard to remember rules and such when you are applying what you learned.

There was no information on ADD back then.

She went through and marked it all wrong. I failed the test.

I had an alcoholic at home that flew off the handle over everything. This added so much to my stress.

I wept. I wept. I had trouble stopping the tears. I ended up in the Priests office. He was wonderful.

Since I was in a catholic school the Priest was available to talk to in case of an emergency.

Fast forward 2 years and I had her again for homeroom.

I was thinking about going to University of Massachusetts at Amherst. This is a HUGE school. At the time there were 25,000 kids.

She told me that she did not think I would be successful and that I should think about going to a small school.

I went to UMASS. What can I say. I was quiet, shy with an inner rebelious streak.

In hindsight I can actually see her point.

I actually made many friends. I suffered horribly from depression though. The size of the school did not have anything to do with it really. I did not do well with so much unstructured time.

Even though I had friends I was horribly shy and insecure which made it very tiring to be funny, witty and and a good friend.

I did it though, even though she said I couldn't.

I would concur that your teacher made a mistake in how she marked that test.

I've been fortunate enough to never experience it, but I can imagine how having an abusive alcoholic at home would be bloody hell. If you went into detail my Fi would probably overload.

Whenever I read about people who cried hard as children, I feel quite a bit of sympathy (yes, sympathy). Even as an adult, tears are painful, so I imagine it's much worse for a child who has less competence with handling such emotions.

Oh my, sooo many!

My worst though was when the entire school packed into a huge gym to talk about a few things (I blocked out most memories of this day XD ) but when they asked us to rise and have a moment of silence, my feet were dead asleep...but out of respect I couldn't just sit there!
So I stood up, then collapsed. I guess I decided it wasn't embarrassing enough so I got up again, only to fall ontop of a guy I had a crush on all year.

Needless to say, he never spoke to me after that but I was kind of relieved he didnt :p

^I did this, too, but I was in a church and I don't have a thing for dudes. :p

I also hit my head on the way down. Maybe it explains why I'm not as much smart.

I have a pretty peculiar one...

In my freshman year, there was this girl who was in one of my classes, and I really didn't know anything about her, and we have never talked to each other before. She came up to me at lunch one day and actually asks me out. I was just as desperate to have a girlfriend as she was to have a boyfriend, so I said yes. I was so happy that someone had some kind of interest in me. We started walking around holding hands and everyone thought it was the funniest thing ever considering the fact that we were both seen as "geeks" and were teased quite a bit by people. As we were walking, people see us and begin laughing at us and before I knew it a whole group of people were following us. We actually had to hide in the school library until the bell rang.

We were "dating" for a while I actually started to become emotionally attached to her even though she did not have the same feelings for me. In class, people would talk about her and how she's ugly and crazy (and yes she is certifiably insane) and I would defend her. Just a few months into the "relationship" I take her to the school Spring Fling dance and even buy her flowers. I get there and I notice that she is moody and keeps going outside with her friends. We finally start to dance and I, being the paranoid goody-good that I was, thought that my parents were going to be chaperoning so I told her that we should not dance too close. She became infuriated and said "I don't like feeling like I'm under a microscope. You know what...It's over". She broke up with me. Right there at a school dance. That was possibly the worst night I have ever experienced.

After the break up she was still calling my house and one occasion was very rude to my Mom. Then the next day things get interesting. She gets in my face and yells at me and says that I was calling her names when I didn't even say anything. It gets even worse. In my sophmore year she was in my Geometry class and ever since I first saw her in there, I knew there was going to be trouble.

One day I'm called to the school security office during another one of my classes and I have no idea what it is. When I get there, the security officers (who are total assholes) tell me that this girl and her friends went to complain about things I said during class. She told them that I was telling the people in class that we had sex, when we really didn't. I know for a fact that I didn't say anything during class at all and the idiot security officers were taking her side and treating me like I was some sort of criminal. They had us fill out these little forms telling our own sides of the story and then they let us go back to our classes. They told us that they would call us back later on and they never did. That tells me that they finally realized that this whole thing was a load of bull.

For the rest of high school, I was known as that one guy who went out with that one weird, obnoxious, ugly girl. Just to think that all of the trouble, humiliation, and heartbreak could have been avoided by saying no to her in the beginning.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had to share that with you.

I hope you are not traumatized with relationships now :yuck:

I used to make friends quickly as a child, and I went through similar things though not as bad as this.

I had a crush on a beautiful girl, I wrote her short love poems in black ink on yellow lined paper from which I tore the sharp edges off of, then carefully folded and sewed shut with red thread. I hung them inside her locker on a strand of the same thread.

She knew it was me but only acknowledged it with a passionate kiss when we met by chance in another region the following spring.

I had a crush on a beautiful girl, I wrote her short love poems in black ink on yellow lined paper from which I tore the sharp edges off of, then carefully folded and sewed shut with red thread. I hung them inside her locker on a strand of the same thread.

She knew it was me but only acknowledged it with a passionate kiss when we met by chance in another region the following spring.

this reminded me of a similar middle school story of mine. first girlfriend in middle school, and i was even then a hopeless romantic, all four foot four of me. after homework one night i sketched her a drawing of a plane spelling out the words "you're something special," with little cloud letters drawn in the air from a plane model that probably came from the late wwII ara. i can still picture it pretty vividly.

anyway i stuffed it in my binder and planned on giving it to her the period after study hall. during that study hall i went to the bathroom and came back to find the piece of paper on top of my binder and my "friends" huddled in the corner trying to contain their laughter without looking my way. yep, didnt hear the end of that one for awhile, i was the one who turned out to be something special according to them.

you know looking back though i think the worst part of the whole experience was that i didn't end up giving it to her, i was too afraid she'd laugh at it like they did. such crap :1

Reactions: Bird
this reminded me of a similar middle school story of mine. first girlfriend in middle school, and i was even then a hopeless romantic, all four foot four of me. after homework one night i sketched her a drawing of a plane spelling out the words "you're something special," with little cloud letters drawn in the air from a plane model that probably came from the late wwII ara. i can still picture it pretty vividly.

anyway i stuffed it in my binder and planned on giving it to her the period after study hall. during that study hall i went to the bathroom and came back to find the piece of paper on top of my binder and my "friends" huddled in the corner trying to contain their laughter without looking my way. yep, didnt hear the end of that one for awhile, i was the one who turned out to be something special according to them.

you know looking back though i think the worst part of the whole experience was that i didn't end up giving it to her, i was too afraid she'd laugh at it like they did. such crap :1

She would have been yours forever.
That's dedicated sincerity.

Also, even at twenty years old I still find myself drawing and painting pictures for members of the opposite sex I am interested in. Seven times out of ten, I don't give it to them. The other three times it's because I made the mistake of telling them, so they ask for one.
I wonder why this is. Self-evaluation time.