High School Horror Stories | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

High School Horror Stories

I used to have panic attacks before going to school as a teen. Sometimes I would dry heave multiple times due to anxiety and nausea. My body was telling me that something felt really wrong but there was nothing I could do except to suck it up and go to school. I wish I could go back in time and meet a cool girl who could have been my companion throughout high school. Than I wouldn't have suffered in silence. High school can really suck for a sensitive guy surrounded by conformist jocks who only care about playing football, getting drunk and getting laid. I was too small to play football, I hated alcohol and girls looked right through me because I wasn't cool. I was the quintessential miserable invisible high school kid. Good times.

High school itself was the least of my worries when I was in high school.

Everything I remember from that time, I remember with a sort of distance. So much has happened since then. It feels like a lifetime ago, and yet not even a decade has passed since those days.

Blech. I was the loner that was friendly with every clique yet belonged to none, I was the rebel that would find hiding spots to smoke, I was the freak that ran the mile every day for PE in striped stockings and knee-high purple doc martin's. I was the straight A student that debated teachers after class but hoped no one would notice me in class, I was the one that teachers would hit on and terrified kids my age, I was that weirdo who would ditch to hangout at the library or this second-hand book store, I was that kid that got detention for writing a not so nice paper on why abortion should be legalized, I was the one who carried a sketch book everywhere and would rather write and draw in it instead of participating. I went to three different high schools my sophomore year alone and then graduated a year early. I was never in one school long enough to form connections or long-lasting friendships. I can't tell you of one person whom I remember or that made an impression upon me in any way except for two teachers my final year. It was just a stepping stone to better things and a more independent life, nothing more.

Last edited:
Everything I remember from that time, I remember with a sort of distance. So much has happened since then. It feels like a lifetime ago, and yet not even a decade has passed since those days.

This.

Life got so real in so little time over the last few years that high school memories are almost completely faded.

Reactions: flower and hush
High School is synonymous with 'horror story', so when I read this thread I see, "Horror Story Horror Stories".

I think I was 15 or 16 at the time...

Me and my mate Billy were once exchanging naughty notes in class..

The notes read something like "Badapbaababaaa, Sinny's lovin it, Billys dick's in her mouth she's suckin it".. (McDonalds jingle, and yea, yea, crude I know)

We were merely being creative, there was no truth in the matter lol.

The teacher lectured us with a face of disgust, and confiscated the notes.

Fast forward to a few days later, I get pulled out of class, taken to my head of year, sat down in a room of her and another teacher ... and next thing you know, she produces the notes which were confiscated in class - which have since been LAMINATED - and accuses me of sleeping with my mates Billy AND Bob.. and not to deny it because she found a condom in Bobs wallet whilst she was searching him for cigarettes the day before. I was immediately lectured on my disgusting behavior, but praised for "using protection" lol ... I tried to protest and inform them that I wasn't sleeping with Billy - who is GAY, OR Bob, who is my BEST friend.. But she wouldn't have any of it.

I'm sure that to this day she think I'm a right little sket.

I can't wait till school reunion so she can see for herself how GAY Billy is, and I'll see if I can convince Bob to tell her that he's still a virgin.

Ahaha.

:p

My high-school horror story is that I was forced to study English literature, and was made to memorise Shakespeare sonnets against my will.

It’s been a while, almost 6 years since I graduated. Seemed like a lifetime ago. I was so naive and innocent.

From what I remember, my time in high school was quite neutral. Lucky in that sense, so nothing too horrific. I got along with most social cliques, but kept to myself a lot and didn’t really care to conform to social trends and etc. I did my own thing really. Especially hang out in the library a lot after school, but other times with spend time with friends depending on how social or anti-social I was lol.

The only few things I hated with high school was getting up extremely early just to arrive on time. My school was extremely populated (3,000 kids) and if you were late, you would get a tardy and possibly head to detention after school. Fun fun fun.

I do miss having the part on not having to pay for textbooks though, especially now. That was great.

The whole high school years itself is a horror story. No friends, constant bullying, depression, mom was extremely sick, bad family situation (dad). I don't remember much of those years.

My advice is to talk, talk, talk! Please don't suffer alone.

The whole high school years itself is a horror story. No friends, constant bullying, depression, mom was extremely sick, bad family situation (dad). I don't remember much of those years.

:( I’m so sorry you had a rough time during high school... at least that phase is way long gone now... *hugs*

High school for a lot kids, even the neutral experiences, were always a pain in the butt. Even though the times in high school weren’t bad for me personally, I definitely do not miss it. I am glad I graduated.

:( I’m so sorry you had a rough time during high school... at least that phase is way long gone now... *hugs*

High school for a lot kids, even the neutral experiences, were always a pain in the butt. Even though the times in high school weren’t bad for me personally, I definitely do not miss it. I am glad I graduated.

Thank you, Jenny. :hug: It was a really rough time... I missed 6 months of school in my last year of high school because of the terrible life situation. My grades suffered a lot and I'm still a bit sad about that. Definitely not proud of the grades! Sometimes I wonder how life would have been without all that... Fortunately it's all better now (in someways) and never have to go back!

Yeah, high school was pain for most of us. Thankfully it just takes few years of our life and not more. Yep! I'm so glad too.

Definitely not proud of the grades!

You did what you needed to get through it. Given a better circumstance and opportunity, you would have had a different result.
I've been out of school for almost a decade and not a single person has directly asked about my grades.
I tanked my gpa senior year too, but ultimately it has meant nothing.

You did what you needed to get through it. Given a better circumstance and opportunity, you would have had a different result.
I've been out of school for almost a decade and not a single person has directly asked about my grades.
I tanked my gpa senior year too, but ultimately it has meant nothing.

Yeah... Maybe you're right. D: I actually didn't get accepted to any school after high school because grades were so bad... Fortunately I found another way to get a degree (even if it's a crappy one).

High school pretty much sucked..it did get me to Europe with the band, but even that was a hassle. With the passing of time i do look back at some of the people and wonder where and what they are.

I'm sorry a sweet and sensitive person like you had to go through such a tough thing, Flower. *HUGS*

I wouldn't call it a horror' story, but more sad. After freshmen year in high school I moved to another county and a new school. From my experience switching to a new school especially during sophomore, junior, or even senior year can be difficult on making friends. Because during freshmen year just about everybody in class don't each other which makes it a good opportunity to get to know one another versus the upperclassmen that already know more people. Thus for me became a really tough 3 years as I would sit at random and empty tables at lunchtime (nachos and taco days were the best). Which meant eating alone and no one to talk to about the majority of the time.

Last edited: