Hate Groups | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Hate Groups

Naysaying your er...no comments:

British colonies always featured an excellent education system.

America rejected British rule, government, and judging from my last few visits, culture as well.

America rejected British rule, government, and judging from my last few visits, culture as well.

None of this is relevant to my "er... no" comments.

The first one was to your suggestion that we would think the greatest gift we could give is our culture.

The second one was to your possible suggestion that anti americanism is due to jealousy over American culture being popular.

Then explain to me why the British went to such care to educate the locals in their new colonies.

I would also like to hear what you think the British reaction to the American rebellion was.

Then explain to me why the British went to such care to educate the locals in their new colonies.

I would also like to hear what you think the British reaction to the American rebellion was.

I'm afraid I can't answer either of your questions. I wasn't born hundreds of years ago. neither was anyone alive today.

Then what you are saying infers that you cannot discount the likelihood that the English considered the imparting of their culture/civilisation to be the best service they could have offered other peoples. Nor could you discount the likelihood that rejection/indifference to their culture was insulting.

Last edited:
You have changed your argument in the middle of the debate. It hasn't gone unnoticed.

Your original statement was present tense. notice the boldened words

The English are a funny lot - I'm guessing that they would consider the imparting of their culture/civilisation to be the best service they can offer other peoples. Rejection/indifference to their culture is insulting. Little wonder then that one of the most prevalent types of 'racism' in the England is anti-Americanism. :p

Your latest is past tense (hundreds of years ago!)

Then what you are saying infers that you cannot discount the likelihood that the English considered the imparting of their culture/civilisation to be the best service they could have offered other peoples. Nor could you discount the likelihood that rejection/indifference to their culture was insulting.

Another descrepency is that in the time you would have us believe you are talking about. American culture WAS NOT popular. It didn'y really exist yet. tut tut *shakes head*

I can't speak for peopl hundreds of years ago but I can assure you that Englishmen have no particular desire to spread our culture today. We certainly wouldn't consider it the greatest gift we could give. And there is no jealousy aimed at the americans because there culture is spreading. In fact, we have taken it on now as well, so immigrants to England would be taking on American culture if they copied us.

:fencing:

Edit: you're not part of some kind of anti English hate group are you?

Last edited:
I'm afraid I can't answer either of your questions. I wasn't born hundreds of years ago. neither was anyone alive today.

My change in tense was an accomodation to your random shift in time-frame.

I wonder if you introduced the cited historical red herring to avoid answering the implied question - and it is a leading question at that. But since you have focused on semantics, I will elaborate more clearly:

You objected to a post I made, the one you use the expression 'err...no' for the first time. I am interested to hear the grounds for this objection, as I like considering points of view different from mine. So far you have not provided any real grounds for this objection. If you would like to provide grounds, I would be keen to read and consider them. (Even though these last few posts have moved way off topic).

You changed time frames in the post before that one by referring to English colonies.

And I gave all the clarification you should need in my last post. do you care to clarify why you think englishmen are jealous of americans? and why you think Englishmen OF TODAY consider the passing on of their culture to be the greatest gift of all.

Yes I objected to your original post on this matter. You, out of no where, and completely irrelevent to the topic at the time, decided to infer that Englishmen were highly arrogant (thinking our culture is the greatest gift that could be given) and jealous of the americans. You have tried to fool me with switching times, and then blaming me for switching times. After all, when was the last time we set up colonies anywhere and tried to impose our culture on anyone..... let me think..... hundreds of years ago

This is the first switch in time frame in this discussion and it is yours.

Last edited:
I can't speak for peopl hundreds of years ago but I can assure you that Englishmen have no particular desire to spread our culture today. We certainly wouldn't consider it the greatest gift we could give. And there is no jealousy aimed at the americans because there culture is spreading. In fact, we have taken it on now as well, so immigrants to England would be taking on American culture if they copied us.

:fencing:

Edit: you're not part of some kind of anti English hate group are you?

It's actually sad for me to hear you say that - about English not valuing their culture in the way it seems they used to. Traveling overseas, I always found commonwealth country people much easier to get along with and we were always in agreement that we were better off for having retained something of the English form of government and culture.

As for my theory of why anti-americanism is prevalent in England, it just seemed to fit: both the sub-continentals and americans rejected English rule/government and these two groups seem, from internet media, to be especially disliked in England.

I am not an English hater, rather I am grateful for their influence on my country and I am also trying to understand why the English seem at present to be notorious for racism.

It's actually sad for me to hear you say that - about English not valuing their culture in the way it seems they used to. Traveling overseas, I always found commonwealth country people much easier to get along with and we were always in agreement that we were better off for having retained something of the English form of government and culture.

As for my theory of why anti-americanism is prevalent in England, it just seemed to fit: both the sub-continentals and americans rejected English rule/government and these two groups seem, from internet media, to be especially disliked in England.

I am not an English hater, rather I am grateful for their influence on my country and I am also trying to understand why the English seem at present to be notorious for racism.

Many Englishmen are proud of their culture, just not to the degree that you implied.

Whilst I have found most English people to be racist in some way, it is not specifically directed America. Also before the war in Iraq I don't think it existed at all. This leads me to believe that this is the cause for the current dislike of America. Unfortunately people have a tendency to blame an entire culture for the actions of it's government so the dislike is misplaced.

Also the fact that we are an island means we weren't used to seeing many foreigners, so this probably had an effect.

Which countries did you mean by sub-continentals

I think in England they are called Asians - Indians and related races. (Asians in Australia refers to south-east asians)

Asians in England refers to Japanese, Chinese etc. If that is who you mean then there is no racism directed at them that I have noticed. If you mean middle easterners: Pakistani, Kosovans etc then yes, there is lots of racism against them.

Just for the record I doubt you will find a less racist person than me. Although, I have recently developed a dislike of Australians :mpoke:

Those tests tell me I hate gay people.
That goes to show just how great they are at digging deep into your subconscious. I'll bet even you had no idea how much you hated yourself.

It said I had a slight preference for European American. But since I have never met an African American or European American, I don't think it's very relevant.

It was more of a left brain/right brain test than a racism test.

Last edited:
I have a slight preference for gay people. :m045:

But you can hate your own culture or sexual orientation, too. People do feel that way. If we're struggling with something,we can sometimes place this struggle on everyone who acts/looks/appears/seems like us.

It said I had a slight preference for European American. But since I have never met an African American or European American, I don't think it's very relevant.

It was more of a left brain/right brain test than a racism test.

I took the tests a few months ago and came up neutral on all of them. I also seem to have a fairly balanced brain, which might explain the results (not to imply that I have strong biases that should be apparent).