Hate Groups | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Hate Groups

The test is about how well you cope with the good/bad being switched around at the end. Nothing to do with racism whatsoever.

Unfortunately people have a tendency to blame an entire culture for the actions of it's government so the dislike is misplaced.

Yeah, in dictatorships like monarchies or military ruled places or theocracies. People in democracies with access to guns, they get less sympathy from me.

I feel sorry for Iranians and North Koreans and Thai peoples. I don't feel sorry for people who feel that democracy needs to be exported and that it's the solution for everything.

They both kill, Shai. One kills the spirit, the other kills the body...and sometimes what's worse is debatable. But I know that doesn't make sense unless it's personally happened to you.

Spirit can be rebuilt, if you're killed, you cannot rebuild your life.

AJust for the record I doubt you will find a less racist person than me. Although, I have recently developed a dislike of Australians :mpoke:

That just means you're a fucking Pommy Bastard. :m114:

Although I can kind of understand the Majority English hate of those people, the vocal muslims are trying to install Sharia Law after fleeing it, the vocal/visual balkans people are involved highly in violent crime without any of the English subtlety and the welsh have intercourse with sheep

Last edited by a moderator:
Spirit can be rebuilt, if you're killed, you cannot rebuild your life.

True, but a poisoned spirit can damage future generations and cause more harm than good. Who knows? People with hurt spirits can become future murderers.

I don't feel sorry for people who feel that democracy needs to be exported and that it's the solution for everything.

Democracy breeds corruption. Democratic governments don't behave any better, they just lie about how they behave

But the people have a CHANCE to get rid of them. Much more so than to get rid of a monarchy or a military government.

*nudge nudge*

Actually it's spelled POME as in: Prisoner Of Mother England

According to British Naval records the term "Pommie" came about from the red "pom-pon" on the top of the hats of British sailors who were involved in the transfer of prisoners to the Colonies.[citation needed] It was used as a derogatory term, but has since become a generalised term for English people. The term pommy or pom is commonly used by speakers of Australian English, New Zealand English, South African English and Afrikaans.

Some Australians have been known to call (to their ears 'well spoken' or British sounding) people from New Zealand - South Sea Poms[citation needed], or even to call fellow citizens that lack a perceptibly broad or general Australian English accent (typically cultivated Australian English) - Poms.[citation needed]

It is often shortened to pom. The origin of this term is not confirmed and there are several persistent false etymologies. The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) strongly supports the theory that pommy originated as a contraction of "pomegranate".[3] The OED also suggests that the reason for this is that pomegranate is extinct Australian rhyming slang for immigrant; it cites an article from 14 November 1912, in a once-prominent Australian weekly magazine The Bulletin: "The other day a Pummy Grant (assisted immigrant) was handed a bridle and told to catch a horse." A popular alternative explanation for the theory that pommy is a contraction of "pomegranate", relates to the purported frequency of sunburn among British people in Australia, turning their fair skin the colour of pomegranates.[4] However, there is no hard evidence for the theory regarding sunburn.

A false etymology (or "backronym") common in both Australia and New Zealand is that 'Pom' originated as an acronym for "prisoner of (his/her) majesty" or "prisoner of mother England". Although many of the first British settlers in Australia were convicts sentenced to transportation to Australia, there is no evidence for this. Some proponents of this theory claim that upon arrival in the country they would be given a uniform with "POHM" or "POME" emblazoned on the back, which apparently stood for Prisoners Of Her Majesty but there are no images or examples of these uniforms.In another variant, it is used to mean 'Product of Mother England'.

Other etymologies which are unsupported by evidence include:
  • "prisoner of Millbank", after the area of London where prisoners were held prior to transportation;
  • it is rhyming slang for tommy, international slang for a British soldier;
  • an acronym for "Port of Melbourne". However, the term "pommy" was coined long before POM was used as acronym for the port.
  • comes from "pomme", French for apple. The joke was that the 'fresh off the boat' newly arrived, or 'new apples.' Under the Australian sun the white British turned bright red in the Australian sun, like an apple thus the name "pommy" from "pomme."

In 2006, an Auckland, New Zealand, Planet FM's English community radio program 'The Anglofiles' received feedback that many English people living in New Zealand considered the word Pom to be highly offensive. Rather than anything offensive in the word itself they were offended by its use as a term of abuse, especially in a racist manner. They felt it to be akin to racist terms such as 'wog', 'wop' and 'spic'. The New Zealand Human Rights Commission describes racial abuse as language or actions which, in the recipient's view, induce negative feelings towards his or her race. The inference is, therefore, that racial abuse cannot be adequately defined by the originator, or anyone else who is not negatively affected by it. It was on this basis that, in 2006, 'The Anglofiles' achieved a written undertaking from the major New Zealand television companies to avoid usage of the term Pom or Pommy in all their local content. This was subsequently overruled by the high court of New Zealand as the judgement was made that the term could not be construed as a reference to a distinct racial group, but rather to a country.

In Australia, the terms pommy bastard and whingeing pom were frequently used in the postwar period to express hostility to Britons, particular when British immigration to Australia was peaking in the 1960s following the introduction of the assisted migration scheme, whose recipients were also denigrated as "ten pound poms".[5][6] Over time however, the terms "pom" and "pommie" have lost much of their hostile edge. In December 2006, the Advertising Standards Board of Australia unanimously ruled that the word "pom" was a part of the Australian vernacular, and was largely used in a "playful or affectionate" sense. As a consequence, the board ruled that the word did not constitute a racial slur, and could be freely used in advertising. The Board was responding to a complaint filed by a group called the British People Against Racial Discrimination.[7] Nonetheless, the word is sometimes used today in a hostile context. On July 2, 2008, an article in the Sydney Morning Herald was entitled: "Poms crush Aussie Games hopes with rules, not talent".[8]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you Wikipedia!

I saw an australian guy on the telly a few weeks ago say that it stood for prisoner of mother England.

I'm going to hunt him down and make him apologise

welsh have intercourse with sheep

Yes they do. I'm going to set up a shop in Wales selling nothing but velcro lined gloves.