Give me ten fav bands | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Give me ten fav bands

The High Llamas
Radiohead - (They didn't get GREAT until Hail, Amnesiac, Kid A)
Stereolab
The Church
Portishead
Bob Marley & the Wailers
Boards of Canada
Public Enemy
Kraftwerk
Zero 7

Reactions: mallory knox
shaz, im the same way with radiohead. i think Ok Computer is a masterpiece, The Bends is awesome, Pablo Honey is good. Amnesiac, Kid A, and Hail to the Thief i can only take in small doses

Samson I think most Radiohead fans are like you, because when I go to their concerts the love you guys have for their ealier work, I do not share. I find most of those songs ordinary, whereas Amnesiac, Kid A, and Hail to the Thief are the best albums of the decade, easily.

Keane
Coldplay
Saybia
Calexico
Cowboy Junkies
Hem
Decemberists
Deathcab
Radiohead
Leeland

And I nearly cheated. I have so many singers I love.

Samson I think most Radiohead fans are like you, because when I go to their concerts the love you guys have for their ealier work, I do not share. I find most of those songs ordinary, whereas Amnesiac, Kid A, and Hail to the Thief are the best albums of the decade, easily.

agreed.

even tho i like it all, ok computer is brilliant.

ive never been to one of their shows. for me, OK Computer strikes a good balance between instruments and their electronic/computery sounds. dont get me wrong, i like the newer albums. but theyre kinda like the Grateful Dead for me where i love the music and definantly appreciate it, but i cant sit there and listen to it all day. little bits here and there is fantastic though.

Last edited:
ive never been to one of their shows. for me, OK Computer strikes a good balance between instruments and their electronic/computery sounds. dont get me wrong, i like the newer albums. but theyre kinda like the Grateful Dead for me where i love the music and definantly appreciate it, but i cant sit their and listen to it all day. little bits here and there is fantastic though.

Radiohead songs I can listen to all day...shoot I'd like to make a musical out of these -

We suck young blood
Scatterbrain
Pyramid Song
How to disappear completely
2+2=5
Optimistic
The tourist
You and Whose Army?
I Will
All i Need
no surpises
climbing up the walls
Everything in it's right place
idioteque
Knives Out
Life in a Glass House
paranoid android
morning bell
Exit music
in limbo
videotape
karma police

i think they really pushed it and were at their most original/revolutionary during kid a/amnesiac, that was music unlike anything else.

i like all radiohead, i just don't listen to pablo honey much.

i think my fav song is pyramid song.

my boyfriend is absolutely mad about their last album. He doesn't like the first ones though, finds them too rocky. Then again slow and depressing music makes him happy (he is INTP after all)

depressive music makes me happy too

Oh wow, ten bands... This will require some thought. Is anyone else thinking High Fidelity? Chances are, if I listed them, I love their whole discography. These also are in no particular order.

1. Wilco
2. Radiohead
3. The Decemberists
4. DeVotchKa
5. Bob Dylan (He had a band! In fact, it was 'The Band' XD)
6. Pixies
7. The Flaming Lips
8. Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse*
9. The Shins
10. XTC

*Okay, so they have only collaborated (albeit with a lot of other people) on Dark Night of The Soul, but that album is fantastic.

The High Llamas
Radiohead - (They didn't get GREAT until Hail, Amnesiac, Kid A)
Stereolab
The Church
Portishead
Bob Marley & the Wailers
Boards of Canada
Public Enemy
Kraftwerk
Zero 7

Zero 7, Public Enemy, and Radiohead within the same list? ... I smell a new playlist! :D

ive never been to one of their shows. for me, OK Computer strikes a good balance between instruments and their electronic/computery sounds. dont get me wrong, i like the newer albums. but theyre kinda like the Grateful Dead for me where i love the music and definantly appreciate it, but i cant sit there and listen to it all day. little bits here and there is fantastic though.

I think I'm the opposite to you in that. while I could listen to Kid A or In Rainbows all day I can hardly listen to Ok Computer more than once (I think it's because there was a time when I was obsessed with Paranoid android. now I just can't stand it)

5. Bob Dylan (He had a band! In fact, it was 'The Band' XD)

lol. I got it.

AC/DC
Pearl Jam
Ozzy Osbourne
The Clash
Iggy Pop
Stone Temple Pilots
Bob Dylan
Jimi Hendrix
Shihad
The Rolling Stones

In no particular order (and I could easily rattle off more than 10)

Bob Dylan
Bomb the Music Industry
Big D and the Kids Table
Operation Ivy
Minor Threat
Laura Stevenson and the Cans
Current Swell
The Suicide Machines
Bad Brains
Sublime

did he really say that?

because i think "immerse your soul in love" is a pretty good way to resolve it.

bathory
dark throne
yahel
the knife
aphex twin
autechre
black sabbath
shpongle
young gods
the cranes

autechre is a good chocie

I agree, Autechre is a good band, same with The Knife, and Aphex Twin.

I really only like Autechre's first 3 albums though. After Tri Repetae they got too "experimental" and the song structure overall just dosen't work for me.