Gender Ratio in INFJ's | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Gender Ratio in INFJ's

Are you male or female (INFJ's only please)

• Male

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • Female

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters
I'm male even thought my name sake and avatar are both female.

I'm female :)

can someone tell me the score, i dont want to vote to ruin the survey!

19 F, 10 M

Interestingly, enough 2/3 of all reported F types are female, and 2/3 of all reported T types are male.

Therefore, statistically 2/3 of all INFJs are female. A 20 to 10 ratio is very typical.

However, I suspect that females are likely to over estimate their F functions on self assessment tests, just as males are likely to over estimate their T functions on self assessment tests. It is very likely that a small number of INFJ females are actually INTJs, and that a small number of INTJ males are actually INFJs.

Last edited:
Interestingly, enough 2/3 of all reported F types are female, and 2/3 of all reported T types are male.

Therefore, statistically 2/3 of all INFJs are female. A 20 to 10 ratio is very typical.

However, I suspect that females are likely to over estimate their F functions on self assessment test, just as males are likely to over estimate their T functions on self assessment tests. It is very likely that a small number of INFJ females are actually INTJs, and that a small number of INTJ males are actually INFJs.

can we change your name to Von Stats?

Yes, and I DEMAND THE NAKED POLE DANCING VIDEO.

Is this the right way to do it?

The right way to do what? To seduce the ladies? I don't want to disappoint you, but: no :m025:

Umm, guys.

There are no girls on the internet

I think there are more girl INFJs then boys because of how we were raised. Guys are usually taught to be tough and to go for the action and to get up after they are hurt. Girls are usually taught to be sympathetic and nurturing. Maybe that's why there are less girl rationals then there are guys. Then again, I could be wrong.

There's an easier way to know the ratio then organizing a grandiose poll :)
go to user search page and enter the query: MBTI=INFJ , gender=<select from the list>

The results: there are 469 female INFJs, 301 males, 13 lurkers and 17 o_O (whatever that means)

So girls beat guys by 56% ;) or 3 to 2

Reactions: daydreamer
If I was taught to be some dainty little princess I don't know what the fuck happened to that ideal. Maybe I bombed it.

This is true, too. Gender roles placed on us can make us think we should act a certain way, or that we "shouldn't" be masculine or feminine because the world categorizes us.

I think it could be different if you grew up outside those gender boundaries, however, or if the typical roles weren't expressed. My mother had typical "masculine" characteristics and my father had typical "female" characteristics and I grew up with my mother, mostly. When I first tested MBTI I tested INTJ, because I honestly saw feelers as "weak" and I didn't want to be seen as weak.Which was funny, actually, because my own preconceived ideas on what I thought I should be skewed my test results.

When I finally learned to accept my feeling side (and not feel embarrassed when I cried because my Mother never cried), I learned who I really was and I was able to accept myself - soft, feeling side and all.

I think many men who come to the INFJ realization might have struggled similarly. It's difficult to accept because of the stereotypes places on male "masculinity."

Oops, I forgot to read the "INFJs only" qualifier before voting, but please forgive me (I am close enough...and I am female) :m054:

This is an interesting point...my mother is also a strong "T" type - she is very understanding, but quick to pull me up by my bootstraps. So when I take the "official" test, when it tells you to choose between 2 words such as "sentimental" and "analytical" I get these images in my head of hearts and flowers (which I find annoying) and analysis (an activity that I enjoy). I was sort of raised to think that terms like "sentimental" and "tender" were all mushy-gushy and touchy-feely. They don't appeal to me at all because I think on some level, I am very considerate and do want to be diplomatic and please people, but I don't have that "nurturing: or "I want to save the world" nature.

I almost always test pretty highly INTJ on the official test, but I test INFJ on the "online ones" that ask more about how I make my decisions (and do not include word preferences). So I am confused as to what I am lol. My boyfriend (also an INFJ) believes that I am an INFJ (because I tend to show my feelings more around him).

A question for all of you: Do you think there's a correlation between female and males being introverts or extroverts? (or at least pretending to be?)

Taking in mind that in some cultures it's considered "normal" for girls to be gregarious, warm and friendly; males to be serious, tough minded and introspective, while in other cultures it's the other way around.

Deffinately. I feel like in our society it's much easier for guys to act extroverted and girls to be introverted.
You hardly ever see a girl acting as class clown.
Wonder why?
Or is the answer only too obvious.

I'm a dude

I wonder how much of that ratio is in fact influenced by gender roles and male/female stereotypes concerning the propensity toward logic and feeling. If women weren't socially constructed as 'feelers,' and men weren't socially constructed as 'thinkers,' I wonder if that would have any sort of impact on this distribution.

I've actually always assumed this as the explanation for the differing numbers in males/females being INXJ's...

As for introverts and extroverts I really don't know i think it depends on the culture and individual family structures alot. I really don't know if one would be consistently more common in males or females.

Deffinately. I feel like in our society it's much easier for guys to act extroverted and girls to be introverted.
You hardly ever see a girl acting as class clown.
Wonder why?
Or is the answer only too obvious.

haha I would say the opposite :D But it's probably because I myself am an introverted guy and project this image onto society. It's like when you purchase a car and suddenly start noticing other cars of the same make.