Forum Marriage. | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Forum Marriage.

I need to stop by here more. I never know what's going on and then giant pieces of news come around.

Congratulations you two! Have fun in Europe!

Thats kind of how I feel about the whole thing.

Well our plan is to travel around Europe over the next four years and consider that our honeymoon. We'll be living and Naxx will be working in England so it shouldn't be that hard. Plus he gets a lot of time off.

I can't wait. :m177:

That's hot.

Make sure to visit Norway, we have great Fjords :p

Pics from your honeymoon!! I wanna seem them when you get them! pleasseeee:mcute:

How do your families feel about it all?

How do your families feel about it all?

Not happy.

Well at least mine is not happy.

Actually that has been bothering me.

The only person who gave me a voice of support so far is my grand mother.

It makes me sad.

You know after thinking about it a bit I've come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try they are not going to support my decision at least not for awhile. I small part of me was still convinced that if I just argued my point hard enough they would understand. I need to let that part of me die, accept that they will be angry with me, and move on. In fact most people tell think I am crazy I got to accept that too.

I am accepting it and moving on I can feel that I am starting to. I am not let it get in the way of my happiness with Naxx.

Last edited:
Not happy.

Well at least mine is not happy.

Actually that has been bothering me.

The only person who gave me a voice of support so far is my grand mother.

It makes me sad.

:hug:, Lucifer, don't let that get you down, believe in yourself, maybe after time you can actually show them how awesome your marriage really is..just don't let that stress you to much.

:jaw: I'm stunned! Congrats you two!!

maybe after time you can actually show them how awesome your marriage really is.

I actually think that is what will happen, but for now it really sucks to see them hurt. My sister told me that my mom had been crying all day when she found out. And I don't think either of my sisters approve really, which is sort of disappointing because I thought they would understand.

They tell me that I am giving up on my dreams by leaving college.

The thing is that going to college was never my dream.

They tell me that I should wait.

But why should I wait for happiness? I am not going to procrastinate on something the I know makes me happy. I don't want this to be the one that got away. They tell me I get married later, but later doesn't exist. On top of that length gives people a false sense of security. My parents knew each other for awhile and boy did that ever implode.

They tell me that Naxx is worth waiting for, but I think he is worth fighting for. I don't see a reason to wait other than fear. Why should I be scared of what life has to offer good or bad.

But ultimately I am getting a rather strong intuition that this is the right thing to do. I can feel our future together and it is beautiful. But how in the fuck do you explain that to someone who doesn't believe in that sort of thing?

I hate critisizing my family because I love them. But I am starting to think that they don't know much about life. I don't regret any of the decisions I've made because even that bad ones have taught me a lot and made me stronger. So ultimately it is a win win situation because I hold no regrets. People spend their entire lives avoiding what they want because they fear that it wont work out or they would get hurt. But if you don't go for what you want despite the potential consequences you are NEVER going to be truly happy and you are never going to grow. The choice is avoid taking the risk or avoid happiness altogether.

They tell me that I am shirking my responsibity to my family. But they are asking an impossible thing of me I am not responsible for their feelings.

They tell me that I can't be sure that I love him but trust me I just know this is for real. He is a beautiful and wise person, and we compliment each other strengths and weaknesses.

just don't let that stress you to much.

I'll try my best I am pretty confident that I am making the right decision. Sometimes there doubts undermine my self assurance but I am like 99% sure.

I want to talk to Naxx but he is at work :(

Last edited:
Reactions: dneecey
Don't give up on school, there are lots of great ones in Colorado.

Well, there are no schools worth attending there.

Last edited:
I actually think that is what will happen, but for now it really sucks to see them hurt. My sister told me that my mom had been crying all day when she found out. And I don't think either of my sisters approve really which is sort of disappointing because I thought they would understand.

Indeed it sucks to see your family go through this but you must also understand that this is for your best, this makes you happy and you deserve to be happy, you have every right to fight for said happiness. It might suck now with all the disapproval but I think slowly they would start opening up to you and accepting what a great decision in fact you actually made, do not fear, life is full of disappointments and throughout your life there's going to be a lot of rejection, I know because I am going through it myself, but don't let that get to you, instead show them slowly how awesome your decision was, I am sure your family also wants your happiness and if they see that your happy eventually they will accept it.

A dream is whatever makes you happy, is what you desire, is what you hope for, and if marriage makes you happy then your not really quitting any dream, this is something your family would have to understand sooner or later.

But why should I wait for happiness? I am not going to procrastinate on something the I know makes me happy. I don't want this to be the one that got away. They tell me I get married later, but later doesn't exist. On top of that length gives people a false sense of security. My parents knew each other for awhile and boy did that ever implode.

Indeed, Naxx is a great man and your choice was a very good one in my opinion, letting your dreams fly around is not recommended and if this is what fulfill them than you should be very happy you made such choice.

They tell me that Naxx is worth waiting for, but I think he is worth fighting for. I don't see a reason to wait other than fear. Why should I be scared of what life has to offer good or bad.

Your a very brave person from what I am reading so far, keep it up, I know you got what it takes to pull through this.

But ultimately I am getting a rather strong intuition that this is the right thing to do. I can feel our future together and it is beautiful. But how in the fuck do you explain that to someone who doesn't believe in that sort of thing?

I am glad your trusting your intuition, I think your N is very strong and indeed it is hard to explain said feeling to others, but actions sometimes speak louder than words, they will seem realize you were right all along.

I hate critisizing my family because I love them. But I am starting to think that they don't know much about life. I don't regret any of the decisions I've made because even that bad ones have taught me a lot and made me stronger. So ultimately it is a win win situation because I hold no regrets. People spend their entire lives avoiding what they want because they fear that it wont work out or they would get hurt. But if you don't go for what you want despite the potential consequences you are NEVER going to be truly happy. So it's like avoid taking the risk or avoid happiness altogether.

One should take risks in life, tat is what life is all about, this once again shows your great determination which I admire, keep it up it will get you far. Your ready for this in my opinion.

They tell me that I am shirking my responsibity to my family. But they are asking an impossible thing of me I am not responsible for their feelings.

They tell me that I can't be sure that I love him but trust me I just know this is for real. He is a beautiful and wise person, and we compliment each other strengths and weaknesses.

I am certain that what you feel for Naxx is real, I sense that your are caring,compassionate and confident, Naxx is responsible, and caring as well, you guys make a very good couple, don't let other negative thoughts surround you.

I'll try my best I am pretty confident that I am making the right decision. Sometimes there doubts undermine my self assurance but I am like 99% sure.

Do not worry, waiting for the person your engage too can be quite saddening, but right afterward it is all rewarding, to be able to be with that special someone you truly care for.

Indeed, I know without family support this would be extremely hard, but you will indeed pull through this, once again have confidence, know that you will always have Naxx to rely on and this forum of course, do not feel like your alone in this, once the turbulence is over I am sure your family would come t their senses and admire you for your decision.

Don't give up on school, there are lots of great ones in Colorado.

Why should I keep going to college exactly?

School has never made me happy first of all. I have hated it since I was a kid.

So why should I stay? To graduate and get a job I probably wont like. So I can waste thousands of dollars on a degree that does not even garuante a job especially in this climate. To find my self? How can I find myself in place I am not in for myself? How can I find myself in a place were I can't focus on my own wants and needs. To be independent? I am not going to be independent by doing what others tell me is the right thing. I've lived that way for a long time and it made me miserable. To get a career? I know lots of people who went to college and HATE their career.

I am not totally closing my mind to it but at the same time seriously can't see myself going back.

I have been supporting myself since I was 18. I regret not having a degree. It would be an advantage. If you are only going to do what makes you happy in this life you may find marriage difficult.

Reactions: sumone
Indeed, I know without family support this would be extremely hard, but you will indeed pull through this, once again have confidence, know that you will always have Naxx to rely on and this forum of course, do not feel like your alone in this, once the turbulence is over I am sure your family would come t their senses and admire you for your decision.

Thanks raccoon. You know I was discussing it with Naxx the other day and he's right. I don't were I would be without the emotional support of others. Even those I don't actually know. So I really do appreciate it.

I think I have the strength to pull through this but it is going to be pretty shitty at times. And I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your troubles.

I have been supporting myself since I was 18. I regret not having a degree. It would be an advantage.

Honored sir I feel your pain. I dropped out of high school and was looking for work for two years and couldn't find any. Part of the reason is that I did not have a degree. But I am not altogether worried about financial matters being that Naxx makes a good wage.

If you are only going to do what makes you happy in this life you may find marriage difficult.

That depends on what you want. I want to compromise, and I want to make Naxx happy, but I also want to make myself happy. And who's marriage is easy? I expect challenges.

I actually think that is what will happen, but for now it really sucks to see them hurt. My sister told me that my mom had been crying all day when she found out. And I don't think either of my sisters approve really, which is sort of disappointing because I thought they would understand.

I hate critisizing my family because I love them. But I am starting to think that they don't know much about life. I don't regret any of the decisions I've made because even that bad ones have taught me a lot and made me stronger. So ultimately it is a win win situation because I hold no regrets. People spend their entire lives avoiding what they want because they fear that it wont work out or they would get hurt. But if you don't go for what you want despite the potential consequences you are NEVER going to be truly happy and you are never going to grow. The choice is avoid taking the risk or avoid happiness altogether.

You know sometimes I wonder weather I really believe the philosophy I just outlined. I think I do it's just sometimes I am insecure about it and sometimes I am not. If I didn't believe it on some level I wouldn't be doing any of this.

What?!

Interrobang usage, it's that serious, m'love.

"They tell me that Naxx is worth waiting for, but I think he is worth fighting for."

Let none underestimate your bond, it is as much of miracle as walking on water. That two should find themselve forever happy with nothing more then the other.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NoIJglsGms"]YouTube- Love is not a Fight by Warren Barfield[/ame]