Favorite Video Games | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Favorite Video Games

1. What's your favorite video game(s)?
Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy (2005) / Psychonauts (2005) / Myst Online: Uru Live (2003) / Alan Wake (2010) / Zak McKracken (1988)

2. What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time. Why? -- What draws you to a certain game?
Favorite right now = Fallout 3 (2008)
Favorite of all time = Psychonauts (2005)

I'm an adventure gamer at heart, so most of the videogames I enjoy are character and story driven. An intelligent narrative, subtle humor, good audio/visual design, and a nice soundtrack are always a plus. Psychonauts, while not an adventure game, is a great example of all those things. It was created by Tim Schafer (who worked on everything from Maniac Mansion to Monkey Island to Grim Fandango), so it feels almost like an adventure game even though it's essentially a platformer. Also, it's just plain fun.

3. What video game(s) are you currently playing?
Dead Rising 2 (2010) / F.E.A.R. (2005) / Dance Central (2010) / Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (2004) / Planescape: Torment (1999) / Sam & Max Save the World (2007) / Neuromancer (1988) / Circuit's Edge (1990) / Shufflepuck Caf

Fallout new Vegas = disappointment and resentment

Reactions: deivejek2|9
Oh, man. That bites. I was looking forward to checking that out. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll try some of the downloadable content for Fallout 3 instead.

Yeah i really want to play the game of the year edition of fallout 3. I wish I'd bought that instead of spending

I am drawn to video games that have a sense of adventure. I like games where places are memorable and have meaning. I like feeling like I'm there.

With that said, Zelda fits perfectly

Pah! I would totally trash you on soul caliber

In your poetic dreams, maybe you'd do one of the Soul Caliber characters some justice, but I doubt it ;)

I loves me some SC, which characters do you use?

What's your favorite video game(s)? What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time.
My favorite of all time? Err, tough one. Soul Calibur, FFX, Elder Scrolls IV, a lot of old turn-based RPGs, a lot of platformers, a good few FPSs (halo, CoD, etc.)
Why?
I love em for what they each provide. The competition, the challenge, etc.
What video game(s) are you currently playing?
Soul Calibur 4, CoD, Halo, Borderlands, Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, and 25 or so PS2 titles I loved that I bought for Christmas for around $3 each. Savey buyer right here :m027:
What draws you to a certain game?
Replayability and multiplayer are big ones, as they give me a chance to play the games with friends.
What upcoming games are you looking forward to?
Portal 2, Elder Scrolls 5
Xbox, Wii, Playstation 3 or PC?
Xbox 360/PS2

Mitsurugi, sigfried and the little girl one. I don't remember her name but she had those two police truncheon thingies and she was awesome

Oh yes, i would trash you all

They actually patched the game up pretty good. I am actually playing it right now, 68 hours without a single glitch! I'am guessing the new fallouts are not your cup of sludge? Any particluar reason or not into those type of long RPG's?

But i do!

Fallout 3 is awesome. Oblivion is awesome. The really long and in depth rpg's are my favourite types of game

New Vegas is just sooo slow. You spend three hours talking to people and watching the load screen because some almost every quest makes you have to fast travel somewhere, talk to someone then fast travel somewhere else, talk to someone else and on it goes. Then, if you're lucky ten minutes of shooting stuff. Then another three hours of talking and looking at the load screen.

A better balance between story and action and it would have been ok

It's also really unclear what you're supposed to do

In the end i just decided to hell with it and killed pretty much every single person i came into contact with and to hell with the consequences. I wiped out almost every faction. Lol

So you have Kinect? How do you like it?
I'm really happy with Kinect! The technology works well and the games are fun. It's a nice change of pace from using the Wii hardware, which I've never found particularly responsive or accurate. I exercised daily with EA Sports Active on the Wii for nearly a year, and it was always such a pain to try and hold the wand in the correct position while doing a routine or place the nunchuk in and out of the leg strap every few minutes. During the first couple seconds of my experience with Your Shape on Kinect, I realized I'd never be able to go back (EA Sports Active 2 is available for Kinect, but it received unfortunate reviews).

I spend most of my time playing Dance Central and Your Shape, but bowling and table tennis in Kinect Sports are actually pretty awesome. I bowled as a kid, and was initially surprised by how well the game responded and how close it felt to actual bowling. Dance Central is potentially embarrassing if people are watching you, but get rid of your audience and shut the door and you'll have a great time. I bought Kinectimals for my niece and nephew, and though it's not the most engaging game if you're over the age of 10, it's really quite cute and they adore it. I've seen Kinect Joy Ride, as well, and it's reasonably entertaining. I didn't get to play it much because my niece kept jumping on my lap and taking control of the invisible steering wheel.

Being able to control the Xbox with voice commands is also pretty cool, as is navigating through Netflix and other media using hand motions. But what I'm genuinely excited about are the possibilities and the direction they're going with future releases. From what I've gathered via various sources on the net, it sounds like the launch titles have barely tapped into the full potential of the Kinect hardware. There are some extremely talented developers working on new games (who've created some of my personal favorites in the past), so I'm enthusiastic about where Kinect is headed and think forthcoming titles will capture the attention of a much broader spectrum of gamers (and non-gamers).

But i do!

Fallout 3 is awesome. Oblivion is awesome. The really long and in depth rpg's are my favourite types of game

New Vegas is just sooo slow. You spend three hours talking to people and watching the load screen because some almost every quest makes you have to fast travel somewhere, talk to someone then fast travel somewhere else, talk to someone else and on it goes. Then, if you're lucky ten minutes of shooting stuff. Then another three hours of talking and looking at the load screen.

A better balance between story and action and it would have been ok

It's also really unclear what you're supposed to do

In the end i just decided to hell with it and killed pretty much every single person i came into contact with and to hell with the consequences. I wiped out almost every faction. Lol

Uh well that makes sense now. I was confused. If you want to kill crap try murdering a whole town, thats always fun! Isn't it?

Mitsurugi, sigfried and the little girl one. I don't remember her name but she had those two police truncheon thingies and she was awesome
I think you're thinking of Talim, she was fun.
I use Lizardman, Setsuka, Astaroth, Hilde, Raphael, Seong Mi-na, Xiangua, Yoshimitsu, and Zasalamel.
Mainly Lizardman, Setsuka, and Raphael.

Oh yes, i would trash you all
Oh, really!?
*cracks knuckles*
...My knuckles! :m142:

I'm really happy with Kinect! The technology works well and the games are fun. It's a nice change of pace from using the Wii hardware, which I've never found particularly responsive or accurate. I exercised daily with EA Sports Active on the Wii for nearly a year, and it was always such a pain to try and hold the wand in the correct position while doing a routine or place the nunchuk in and out of the leg strap every few minutes. During the first couple seconds of my experience with Your Shape on Kinect, I realized I'd never be able to go back (EA Sports Active 2 is available for Kinect, but it received unfortunate reviews).

I spend most of my time playing Dance Central and Your Shape, but bowling and table tennis in Kinect Sports are actually pretty awesome. I bowled as a kid, and was initially surprised by how well the game responded and how close it felt to actual bowling. Dance Central is potentially embarrassing if people are watching you, but get rid of your audience and shut the door and you'll have a great time. I bought Kinectimals for my niece and nephew, and though it's not the most engaging game if you're over the age of 10, it's really quite cute and they adore it. I've seen Kinect Joy Ride, as well, and it's reasonably entertaining. I didn't get to play it much because my niece kept jumping on my lap and taking control of the invisible steering wheel.

Being able to control the Xbox with voice commands is also pretty cool, as is navigating through Netflix and other media using hand motions. But what I'm genuinely excited about are the possibilities and the direction they're going with future releases. From what I've gathered via various sources on the net, it sounds like the launch titles have barely tapped into the full potential of the Kinect hardware. There are some extremely talented developers working on new games (who've created some of my personal favorites in the past), so I'm enthusiastic about where Kinect is headed and think forthcoming titles will capture the attention of a much broader spectrum of gamers (and non-gamers).

[MENTION=3499]zak[/MENTION]
I just got a Kinect for Christmas. I haven't spent that much time playing it yet.
I have Dance Central. And yes the first 2 times I played were embarrassing because we had a bunch of people over lol. But I did get a chance to play on my own and it was pretty fun.
I have Kinectimals also and it's very cute. But a little too geared towards kids to keep my attention.
Kinnect Sports and Your Shape sound awesome. I need to check those out.
I have EA Sports Active eand I could never get into it (or Wi-Fit). Running with a wii-mote in my pocket just doesn't do it for me. For me a workout game has to be fluid. I can't stand having to wait between activities. I felt like with Wi-Fit I spent more time standing around waiting for the next thing then I did actually exercising.

I had no idea you could control xbox with voice commands or flip through Netflix with your hand. I have to try this!

I am looking forward to when they start coming out with more intense games for Kinect. It seems like it's all party games right now.

I just got a Kinect for Christmas.
Very cool! You must have made the "nice" list (though somehow I pegged you as naughty).

> I have Dance Central. And yes the first 2 times I played were embarrassing because we had a bunch of people over lol. But I did get a chance to play on my own and it was pretty fun. Kinnect Sports and Your Shape sound awesome. I need to check those out.

Ah, but with backup dancers you can get the "Booth Buddies" achievement. ;) Yeah, Kinect Sports is good times, and not even embarrassing when playing with others (it can be a lot of fun with a few friends).

> I have EA Sports Active eand I could never get into it (or Wi-Fit). Running with a wii-mote in my pocket just doesn't do it for me. For me a workout game has to be fluid. I can't stand having to wait between activities. I felt like with Wi-Fit I spent more time standing around waiting for the next thing then I did actually exercising.

Believe me, I'm with you on this one. The only reason I kept at it was because it was getting me to move around a little. More Active was a bit better, but still had all the irritating aspects that you mentioned. Wii-Fit did nothing for me, either.

> I had no idea you could control xbox with voice commands or flip through Netflix with your hand. I have to try this!

As of right now it has some pretty interesting capabilities that are slowly being integrated into gameplay (such as video conferencing and voice recognition), most of which can be seen in the E3 promo from 2009 (type "e3 2009 project natal" into YouTube). There are a bunch of new features being implemented in recent and future updates, as well.

I am looking forward to when they start coming out with more intense games for Kinect. It seems like it's all party games right now.
While not exactly "intense," I was really excited about Milo. However, it seems to have been postponed or cancelled. :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzZdOciqjbk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1OwQSTuC0g[/ame]

I'm very much looking forward to Child of Eden, Tetsuya Mizuguchi's new game (creator of Rez, Space Channel 5, and Lumines, among others). It's basically just a shooter, but a dang pretty one, and I've loved everything Mizuguchi's designed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuYWLYjOa_0"]YouTube - Child of Eden Trailer[/ame]

I'm also excited for the upcoming release of NanaOn-Sha's Haunt (from the creator of PaRappa the Rapper, UmJammer Lammy, and other classics). As far as I can tell, it's cartoon horror with a fun twist. And I'm interested in Sega's Rise of Nightmares, which I believe is a first-person survival horror game. My nephew can't wait for Kinect Star Wars ("ligh sabo!"), and a few other titles look like they have potential (You Don't Know Jack, Yoostar 2, Codename D, Grand Slam Tennis 11).

Historically, software for gaming hardware doesn't take off immediately, but it seems like Kinect had a great start. Most major developers jumped on Kinect when it was announced, so that's a good sign (more competition often means higher quality games).

Is there a single soul out there who owns Farcry 2 on the 360? I am in the lobby and I am bored to the ninth circle.

Streets of Rage 2
DAMN STRAIGHT!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfFIWRXWImI"]YouTube - OCR00181: Streets of Rage 2 Badass Posse OC ReMix [Under Logic][/ame]

Grand Theft Auto: Vice city.

That was my favorite of the series as well. Awesome music, gameplay, theme, and story. Great all around.

Portal (and soon to be Portal 2 when it comes out).

portal052.jpg

I was tempted to write </Thread> after this, but I wanted to get my say in TOO!

I use Lizardman, Setsuka, Astaroth, Hilde, Raphael, Seong Mi-na, Xiangua, Yoshimitsu, and Zasalamel.

Shhhhhhhhhhk.... Khhhhhhhh...

What's your favorite video game(s)? What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time. Why?
Basketball for the ATARI 2600
SINISTAR (RUN COWARD!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!)
Space Ace (FMV game! Was awesome for DOS... not so much for DVD player)
Monopoly (for the NES)
A Boy and his Blob (YEEEAAAAAAH!!!)
Super Punch-Out!
Super Metroid (I still break this out from time to time)
Unreal Tournament (The original, my favorite FPS ever. Just awesome.)
DIABLO 2 (click click click click!)
Bust A Groove (Rhythm Action!)
KATAMARI DAMACY (Na na na na na na na na... How has this NOT been mentioned?)
Portal
MOTHER FUCKING BRAID (360 DLC, AMAZING puzzles, esoteric & philosophical story, WTF factor on last level, just all-around awesome - has anyone else ever played this?)
...and world of warcraft

New Vegas (intermittantly)
...and world of warcraft

Looking over the list above, it looks like most of the games I looooove are chosen by cleverness and novelty. Some just happen to be classics, and some not.

Portal 2! ...and I don't know what else. :(

XBox 360 and PC, but mainly the 360

What's your favorite video game(s)? What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time. Why?

Console: I currently have an XBox 360 and a Wii

Upcoming Games: Portal 2, Fallout 4

What Draws me to a game: Usually depth of story, setting, and characters but that doesn't apply to all games directly (like RockBand, which I also love) but that same level of immersion is THE most important. A game can't feel like a chore at any stage or I'll lose interest (all the damn busking and running errands for Friends in Fable III) because it ruins the immersion. Some degree of grinding makes sense in some RPGs but it can get ridiculous (all that hopping around in Oblivion to increase my agility or jump or whatever). Great graphics are always awesome though graphics alone can't save a game from bad story.

Currently playing…: Fallout New Vegas, RockBand 1 & 2. I tend to only play a few games at a time. I was playing Fable III but the weapons grinding is ridiculous to me - give me the wasteland any day! :)

Favorite Game(s) of all-time: there are a few, for different reasons! In roughly chronological order...
• Toejam & Earl - unique game, good humor, and the random level option makes it kind of different every time. I still play it!
• Riven - This game was SO pretty and SO mysterious! I loved the exploration and puzzles, especially set in a world with a new culture. I want a sandbox RPG set in one of these worlds.
Shining Force 2 - RPG strategy. I loved the battlefield tactics - traditional RPGs always annoyed me with your team on one side and the enemies on the other with little variation. Made no sense to me.
Fallout 1, 2, 3, NV - Love everything about them: create your own character, fight with your own style, explore as you like, post-nuclear-apocalyptic wasteland (LOVE!), dark humor (first two games), compelling stories, interesting NPCs, lots of weapons and armor…
MarioKart 64/DS/Wii - BOWSER!!! Nothing else in the world makes me swear as loudly, colorfully, and continuously as MarioKart.:wink:
Dance Dance Revolution - I like rhythm games and I like being active. Can't dance fer shite but I was good at DDR!
Portal - Innovative FPS puzzle game with the BEST humor ever, interesting setting, interesting universe (especially if you know about Half-Life). I love the Portal Gun and wish I could have it in every game.
Rock Band 2 - Best party game ever! The one game all my friends can agree on. I actually play guitar and sing but its fun to let the N take over and just have fun and feel the rhythm.

But if I could only pick ONE it would be Portal. No, Fallout 3. No, Portal…:rolleyes:

I had a closet-addiction to tower defense 4 for a while. And what a coincidence, all the little towers are actually monkeys.