Favorite Video Games | INFJ Forum

Favorite Video Games

Diana

Donor
Oct 25, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
What's your favorite video game(s)? What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time. Why?
What video game(s) are you currently playing?
What draws you to a certain game?
What upcoming games are you looking forward to?
Xbox, Wii, Playstation 3 or PC?

Last edited:
What's your favorite video game(s)? What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time. Why?

Grand Theft Auto: Vice city.
Best game ever.
I spent months playing that game when I was 13-16.

I can't answer the other questions because I'm not an active gamer (anymore).

My favorites usually change as the technology behind the games get better. I'd say right now my favorites are Fable 3 Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 2.
A few of my all time favorite games are Super Mario World and Dino Crisis and Streets of Rage 2.
Cuz they are awesome lol

I am currently playing Starcraft 2. I play World of Warcraft as well, on and off for 4 years.

I love a good story with lots of heart. Pretty graphics, I usually prefer games that have a fantasy or science fiction element. I hate FPS games,

World of Warcraft Catyclsm, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3. I'm sure there is another one I'm not thinking of.

Xbox, Wii, Playstation 3 or PC? .
Xbox, Wii and PC

Favorite game of all time? I dunno if I could choose one. Favorite game genre would be RPGs.

Old school turn based RPGs are probably my favorite games ever if we aren't shooting for specifics. I can suck up so much time playing those. Final Fantasy, A Bards Tale, Earthbound. Love em.

I also enjoy adventure games like Tombraider or Prince of Persia.

I LOVE games like Myst. I dunno if anyone in here has played Timelapse but that was a really nifty game too.

Some RTS's I like (Starcraft or Warcraft for example), but I tend to not have the patience it takes to learn the game enough to be super awesome at them.

MMOs are pretty fun too, I am enjoying Eve Online right now to some extent, and I used to play World of Warcraft and Guildwars also, though not either for a very long time. I haven't played WoW since Burning Crusade.

The only games I pretty much can't stand are FPS's. It is mostly because I am so awful at them there is basically no point to me even playing them. I just die constantly and contribute nothing to my team.

Also, I am not much of an active gamer anymore, I don't have the interest or the time that I once did. Most of my gaming interests are in the "old school" variety.

Last edited:
Portal (and soon to be Portal 2 when it comes out).

portal052.jpg

Streets of Rage 2.

It's like boo! DO! BASEBALL!

Anyways lets do this.

What's your favorite video game(s)?

RPG: Terranigma
Action: Streets of Rage 2
FPS: Undecided (Half Life or Doom)
RTS: Age of Mythology
Platformer: Can't decide between Iji, Cave Story, and Sonic 3
Puzzle: Tie between Myst, Portal, and Out of this World
Online: Space Station 13(Currently the branch that Bay12 forums has)

Oblivion, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead 2

Depends on the genre. The main question I ask is...Is it fun? After that, typically storyline and characters.

Whenever they decide to release The Elder Scrolls: V
The new wii zelda will hopefully be good too

Wii60, and PC

Portal (and soon to be Portal 2 when it comes out).

portal052.jpg

The cake is a lie

Honestly i nearly had a joygasm playing that. So there's going to be a half life three? When's it out?

Currently Playing -
Kirby's Epic Yarn, Dead Rising 2 and Demon's Souls

Looking Forward To -
The Last Guardian, Portal 2 and Final Fantasy Versus 13

Favourite games:

Dead space
Oblivion
Prototype
Timesplitters future perfect

What's your favorite video game(s)?

Oblivion, Civilization 4, Starflight, EVE Online, Dwarf Fortress... as well as the games I haven't made yet

What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time. Why?

Right now I'm on a bit of a scrabble kick on my iphone and a civilization4 kick on my mac; PS3 is idle for now. My all time favorite is Starflight circa 1986 because it had a powerful influence on my personality and interests, etc... it happens with games you play during your first and second stages of brain growth.

Uh... scrabble and civ4

Plot, educational content, content to explore

Hmm... Diablo 3, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2

PS3, mac, and iphone

Oblivion, Civilization 4, Starflight, EVE Online, Dwarf Fortress... as well as the games I haven't made yet

Right now I'm on a bit of a scrabble kick on my iphone and a civilization4 kick on my mac; PS3 is idle for now. My all time favorite is Starflight circa 1986 because it had a powerful influence on my personality and interests, etc... it happens with games you play during your first and second stages of brain growth.

Uh... scrabble and civ4

PS3, mac, and iphone

I forgot about phone games! I'm gonna have to add Doodle Jump and Wordmole to the list !

Solo:

Quest for Glory
Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry
Bayonetta
Fallout series

Socially:
MORTAL KOMBAT - We played a lot of this between study breaks in university. I am sad to say that I have almost every combo for Armageddon memorized
Soul Caliber
Mario Kart
Super Smash Bro's

My favourite of all time is Quest for Glory, even though is a computer game and it's an RPG-Adventure game hybrid. It kicked ass back in '94 and still kicks ass now. Not surprisingly, it's a nostalgia thing for me.

None. Thank goodness.

Plot. Setting. Characters. Playability. Whether I can play it with other people, etc.

None. I'm done gaming. For now.

Don't really care, tbh. But if anyone wants to game with me, it's really their preference for which console they'd prefer to be pwnd on ;)

Last edited:
Solo:

Socially:
MORTAL KOMBAT - We played a lot of this between study breaks in university. I am sad to say that I have almost every combo for Armageddon memorized
Soul Caliber
Mario Kart
Super Smash Bro's

Don't really care, tbh. But if anyone wants to game with me, it's really their preference for which console they'd prefer to be pwnd on ;)

Pah! I would totally trash you on soul caliber

favourite games would have to be oblivion, fallout3, dragon age, mass effect (1 and 2), assassins creed 2(1 was repetitive)

favourite games would have to be oblivion, fallout3, dragon age, mass effect (1 and 2), assassins creed 2(1 was repetitive)

OMG finishing Assassins Creed one was rough (because it was so repetitive). By the end I was like must.... finish.... this...... stupid...... game. I liked it, but the sequel is waaay better. I started it this summer but got sidetracked by other things. I really should get back to it. I have both Oblivion and Dragon Age but haven't gotten around to playing them yet. Sounds like you and I have pretty similar taste in games. :)

What's your favorite video game?

way to hard to answer, though I'm a pretty big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series.

What's your favorite right now and what's your favorite of all time. Why?

well at the moment I've been playing Dragon Age origins and it's DLC,and my favorite of all time..... thats to hard to say,maybe MGS1

DA:O

It's got to have a solid story, everything else comes second

Assassins Creed 3, R.U.S.E., Brink, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2(for the PS3)

PS3

Pah! I would totally trash you on soul caliber

In your poetic dreams, maybe you'd do one of the Soul Caliber characters some justice, but I doubt it ;)

Last edited:

Uh... scrabble and civ4

PS3, mac, and iphone
The Civilization series are the only games that I continuously play. I've been playing Civ3 for ten years, and it's still my favorite. My roommate just busted out Civ4 the other day so I'm thinking about dusting off my copy and getting back into it.

I don't play video games much at all anymore. I don't have the time, or the patience for most games. I get bored too quickly.

HAve no favourites... right now i am playing: Assassins creed BRUDERHURD! Fallout3, Fallout New vegas. AND oh yes are there any FARCRY 2 fans out there?

Oh yes, I made a website for my FARCRY2 Custom maps... http://escaperino.freewebpages.org/ Dom't worry its safe i ain't that evil. I made videos, and a comment box! BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT!

Back on topic: spore wasn't as much a groundbreaking game but i have wasted my fair share of hpurs in my galaxy.
Used to love Age of Mytholgy when i was a youn doo-hicky.
I enjoy games on the 360 that require thought to stay alive. COD IMO deserves to rot in hell. Halo: Meh allright for a short while.
Fallouts, yep. Thief, Favourite stealth game. Assassin Bleed, yep.
Guilty pleasure: Left 4 dead. What? sometimes you don't want to think and just want to inflict genocide on mindless zombies.

Last edited:
What's your favorite of all time. Why?

If I had to choose just one - The Longest Journey. Because it was perfect: the story, the unforgettable characters, emotional involvement, voice acting, humor. The sequel was a bit of let down though.

Heavy Rain. After this is finished, Final Fantasy XIII and Fable III

Emotional involvement, interesting plot, visuals - similar combination to movies I think.

Hmm, Diablo 3. Have too many unfinished stuff anyway.

PS3 and PC