Favorite TV programs for INFJs | INFJ Forum

Favorite TV programs for INFJs

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by LadyINFJ, Mar 26, 2010.

Share This Page

?
  1. Discovery and National Geographic

29 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. News

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. Movie channels (tv1000, canal+, etc)

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Soap operas, Friends, Will and Grace and the similar

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  5. CSI and other crime series

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. Other

22 vote(s)
    38.6%
  7. I don't watch TV

15 vote(s)
    26.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
More threads by LadyINFJ
  1. LadyINFJ

LadyINFJ Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Hey. I was watching a very interesting program on National Geographic today about the London Eye and how such huge constructions are being made and I realize that I follow National Geographic and Discovery channel quite often. In addition I follow the news channels to inform myself about what is going on around me. What about you, INFJs? Are you attracted to similar TV programs or are you just watching soap operas, other entertainment TV series and so on?

2. Questingpoet

Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    I rarely watch TV. I will watch specials on science type stuff. I love things on Astronomy, Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Cosmology, Archeology, and history. The one series I was REALLY into in the last five years was Jericho! I love that and they canceled it after one and one half seasons! Yeah, I was one of those weridos that called CBS, wrote them, and sent them peanuts! If your weren't paying attention to TV right then, you might have missed it, but we made a little bit of history! Maybe I'll start a thread on the whole thing.......

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    I demand a option for cartoons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Questingpoet

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Absolutely not! I have four kids and would have to check off every box, even though I don't willingly watch them. I can recite every episode of Sponge Bob from memory!! :m169:

5. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    well I was hoping for more of just a general cartoon box, not a listing of cartoons. Is that acceptable.

6. Siamese cat

Siamese cat Madame Cat strikes again

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    I'm a Animal planet fan (I can watch this whole day), Discovery and National Geography, when it comes to movies I don't watch them on cable mostly, and tv shows, well it's embarrassing but I watch too much of them definitely, I like British tv when it comes to tv shows but number one place on my list of top tv shows ever still holds The Wire which is HBO. I like crime/drama shows, occasional morbid themes (like Six feet under was), comedies,... meh you name it, I watched it. :D

7. Matariki

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    N/A
    Enneagram:
    N/A
    Not an INFJ so I won't vote on the poll, however my favorite TV shows are;

Master Chef (its pretty big over here in New Zealand)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ici1CGo0NE"]YouTube- MasterChef New Zealand Promo[/ame]

Hunger for the wild (another kiwi cooking show)
    Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares (both Gordon Ramsay shows)

Spongebob Squarepants (watch it everyday)

Tenko (my most favorite old school BBC soap drama about a womens p.o.w camp in the second world war based on real life experiences, a must watch, I'll have to upload the series on youtube sometime)

Thats pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

8. OP
    LadyINFJ

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I have never heard about it, QP. Can you explain a bit more about it? INFJ and causes - oh, yeah :D Barnabas, I would add it if I knew how to edit a poll, but I don't know :S

9. Barnabas

Barnabas Time Lord

Threads:
    MBTI:
    wiblywobly
    Enneagram:
    timeywimey
    Unfortunatley you can't, wish you could, I've found myself with the need to add options to a poll before.

10. Puck

Puck Perilous Pixie
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Hey Ho
    Enneagram:
    flibble
  11. laurie

laurie Snowblind in Dreamland

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I like it when good films come on (saves me having to rent them out), Documentaries are awesome, soap operas are usually good (Friends and Scrubs being the best, probably), I like The Mentalist (crime-type thing).

But I clicked other as well 'cause I still love cartoons XD they're strangely theraputic.

Interestingly, although I put down that I like a lot, I really don't watch much TV at all...

12. Stu

Stu .
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    (Moxie's next avatar?)

I tend to the science fiction, BSG, Flash Forward, V, Lost, Defying Gravity, Caprica, Also a fan of 24 Life, and Damages.

#12 Stu, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  13. Entyqua

Entyqua Forgotten
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INF
    Enneagram:
    messed up
    I dont watch much television. Its really boring to me, but when I do. I watch discovery channel, or movies, or true crime type shows...

I will admit that I have shows I watch regularly, but I wouldnt watch them if not for my hubby.

Chuck
    Bones
    House
    Heroes

I indulge myself in True blood, but only when it came on dvd!

14. OP
    LadyINFJ

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Oh, yes - Lost, Heroes, Flash forward and similar I like as well. I am also a very big fan of Big Bang Theory and Sheldon :popcorn: This show fits me sooooo good :D I guess I am a person who emphasizes a lot on visual perception of the world around me. People like Elf who don't watch TV but listen to the radio ...... they probably explore the world through their ears? :m125:

15. Stu

Stu .
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    Enneagram:
    "In Treatment" (it is intense)

16. Gaze

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFPishy
    Yes . . .

17. Questingpoet

Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5
    Jericho was a series on CBS that got canceled after a good first season (ratings-wise). The fans got really pissed and started a write-in campaign to get the series back. We also bombarded CBS switch boards and sent TONS of nuts to CBS headquarters (this is from a reference in the final episode). I did all of this, wrote letters, called CBS, sent nuts. We managed to get CBS to green light a shortened second season. This was only the second time that had happened in broadcast TV history.

Unfortunately, CBS only made 8 episodes, put it in a terrible time slot, and didn't let everyone know (no advertising) that it was coming back. It didn't perform well and was again canceled. They replaced it with two different series that both did worse in ratings and neither lasted a full season. That's the last TV show I watched regularly. Network TV sucks! Check out this link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4D225J3WOg&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4D225J3WOg&feature=related[/ame]

18. randomsomeone

randomsomeone Well-known member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    I always favor documentaries of some sort, but I do watch Top Gear and sometimes a how-to show. I pan all of the network shows...a bit too contrived, formulaic, high-drama for my taste.

19. Blind Bandit

Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    Seconded. And I watch a little bit of everything.

20. christmas

christmas is such a boss bitch.
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I only use my TV for movies and video games. I don't even get local channels. I've been known to watch the following shows:

House
    Judge Judy
    People's Court
    Bridezillas (Guilty pleasure # 1)
    Glee
    Eli Stone (aww, I just saw it got canceled)
    The Real World (I've grown out of it I think. I know instantly if I'm going to like a cast.)
    The Maury Show (I don't tell people about this, but paternity tests = hilarious.)
    I watch cartoons/anime as well, but usually only the stuff that comes on late night.