Facebook Information. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Facebook Information.

No offense, but some of the members of your family sound like drama queens.

True, and it sort of feels like your stuck between 2 walls. If you don't add them, they feel like you have something against them. This is why I never really feel like I ''fit in'' with the rest of my family.

What is sad is that I feel my family members themselves are behaving like high school children. Always reading my business, spreading it around the entire family and later give my parents complaints. I am actually careful about the friends I add, and they all seem to have a good word or nice intentions. I have yet to see such nasty things be spread about me around my friends like its happening with my family.

My God, that would drive me batshit insane.
Privacy options. Seriously.

I know someone who seems to have quite a lot in common with you when it comes to taste in movies and music. My friends in highschool were always 'worried about her,' and thought she was immature. I got pretty defensive on her behalf because of it. You like what you like, period. There are many people who enjoy the 'childish' things in life, and it's that very quality that usually brings them success because of their caring and compassionate worldview.

Your family seems to react how I'm always afraid mine will. There have only been a couple of incidents like that. My thinking is, your tastes and life choices say a lot about who you are, and as they evolve and change, you grow and understand yourself better. On Facebook, I just make sure that whatever I share with others is an accurate representation of who I am currently. I know I can't please everyone, but it's not up to them to decide who I am.

Is there any way you can explain why you like the the things you like? Knowing what influenced your tastes is usually helpful in having people understand / respect them.

I know someone who seems to have quite a lot in common with you when it comes to taste in movies and music. My friends in highschool were always 'worried about her,' and thought she was immature. I got pretty defensive on her behalf because of it. You like what you like, period. There are many people who enjoy the 'childish' things in life, and it's that very quality that usually brings them success because of their caring and compassionate worldview.

Your family seems to react how I'm always afraid mine will. There have only been a couple of incidents like that. My thinking is, your tastes and life choices say a lot about who you are, and as they evolve and change, you grow and understand yourself better. On Facebook, I just make sure that whatever I share with others is an accurate representation of who I am currently. I know I can't please everyone, but it's not up to them to decide who I am.

Is there any way you can explain why you like the the things you like? Knowing what influenced your tastes is usually helpful in having people understand / respect them.

I've tried over and over to explain this to my parents, their response is always ''don't you care what others think of you, stop embarrassing yourself'' or ''if your going to embarrass yourself, don't do it know as you are bringing us shame''.

To them it doesn't matter what I feel is right for me and the need for me to be myself but to conform with what is socially acceptable.

From my point of view, my tastes are not very ''immature''. They like to pick on the little things. For example, I lie a lot of Disney movies. I think they are classic, and they were a part of me as I grew up. The same goes with anime. Other criticism is because they consider some things to be rather ''feminine''. I enjoy watching shows lie Sailor Moon, and my taste in music tends to be either sensitive in nature:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CENuYcNUdkw"]YouTube - Mariah Carey Through the Rain[/ame]

or laid-back:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytBR7ET_6uU"]YouTube - Owl City - Fireflies (lyrics)[/ame]

Its mostly the introverted personality which they pick on, and I am starting to be accused of being gay which I would not mind if my family were more open-minded.

Should I just put interested in women..that is something I am not, and this is where the big issue comes.

I've tried over and over to explain this to my parents, their response is always ''don't you care what others think of you, stop embarrassing yourself'' or ''if your going to embarrass yourself, don't do it know as you are bringing us shame''.

To them it doesn't matter what I feel is right for me and the need for me to be myself but to conform with what is socially acceptable.

From my point of view, my tastes are not very ''immature''. They like to pick on the little things. For example, I lie a lot of Disney movies. I think they are classic, and they were a part of me as I grew up. The same goes with anime. Other criticism is because they consider some things to be rather ''feminine''. I enjoy watching shows lie Sailor Moon, and my taste in music tends to be either sensitive in nature.

Its mostly the introverted personality which they pick on, and I am starting to be accused of being gay which I would not mind if my family were more open-minded.

Should I just put interested in women..that is something I am not, and this is where the big issue comes.

I'm sorry to hear that your parents are so intent on what's 'socially acceptable.' I don't know if there's much you can do about it, since it looks like you've tried presistently to explain yourself. I bet you're looking forward to life on your own.

I like your taste, Raccoon. I used to try to hide the fact that I liked Disney movies, since I thought it would make me look too effeminate and sensitive. Actually, as a kid I always loved Pippi Longstocking, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and The Wizard of Oz, which many people thought were strange things for a boy to like. Actually, even now I get quite self-conscious because I listen to a lot of pop/ female vocalists/ inspirational/ new age music, which is often considered not very masculine, while I consider it to be more emotionally moving, which I like. Being a sensitive guy is a blessing and a curse I guess. A lot of guys try to hide it, and are misunderstood because of it. I'm not homosexual myself, but people in my life gave me a sneaking suspicion to the contrary at times, which was very hard on me.

I think that not showing your interested in might be best, because it really is nobody's business but your own. If you put anything under interested in, I don't think the drama will go away. Highschool immaturity sucks!

My parents always allowed me to be myself, even if they questioned whether or not I was fitting into the mould of the socially acceptable. If they disagreed with my choices, they'd explain their point of view and still let me decide for myself. It's saddening to me that your parents can't do the same for you! I wish they could see that you need compassion from them more than anything. I'll be praying for you.

I don't have a lot of information under my "About Me" section. I started to get in to facebook to network for the band, and had way too many "friends" that I had only met once or twice. I have my work information and some school information up there, and I post most of my writings on there as well.

Now I use it to keep in touch with old friends, but I don't spend much time on it anymore. I have family members who are friends, and I purposely hide parts of my profile from them. I also un-tag myself in a lot of pictures, or have some hidden from everyone completely.

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I'M TAKING THE LIBERTY TO FACEBOOK STALK YOU ALL.
ODYNE AND NAI I JUST GOT DONE WITH YOURS.

(I'm using all caps for note; and creepyness)

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I'M TAKING THE LIBERTY TO FACEBOOK STALK YOU ALL.
ODYNE AND NAI I JUST GOT DONE WITH YOURS.

(I'm using all caps for note; and creepyness)

I've changed my name to protect the innocent! :mold:

I actually feel really creepy about this.

You should. For shame.

I actually only actively looked for NAI.
Odyne's I just stumbled across. I really
liked her name so I clicked on it and then
I saw the bigger photo and I said "oh, that's Odyne!"

and that was about the extent of it.
I just felt the urge to be dramatic I guess.

I'm not really good at facebook stalking.

I actually only actively looked for NAI.
Odyne's I just stumbled across. I really
liked her name so I clicked on it and then
I saw the bigger photo and I said "oh, that's Odyne!"

and that was about the extent of it.
I just felt the urge to be dramatic I guess.

I'm not really good at facebook stalking.

As hard as it is to believe, sometimes TDHT likes to make jokes.

I was teasing you, hon. ;)

As hard as it is to believe, sometimes TDHT likes to make jokes.

I was teasing you, hon. ;)

I know (;

:p

I was partially letting Revenwyn (her new name is too long for me to remember how to spell...) and Poetic Justice know that they're going to have to wait for another day to feel the affront of my madddddddddd stalking skills!!!

Okay, I said Poetic Justice because QP and I are facebook friends.
You can't stalk people you're friends with!

Okay, I said Poetic Justice because QP and I are facebook friends.
You can't stalk people you're friends with!

No, but you can creep on them. Go ahead, I enjoy it! ;)

....hides good china and puts dirty laundry under rug.

Whoa people post some crazy status on fb. I just figured out you can catagorize your friends so when you make a post, you can click the little lock button on the bottom of the post and choose what categories of people can see your post.