Facebook Information. | INFJ Forum

Facebook Information.

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
What do you usually keep visible on your Facebook profile or any other social networking website?. I never saw this as an issue in my life, because I always went by the policy ''be yourself, if they don't like it then too bad''. Now I am realizing though, that as I am adding more and more people, they tend to form opinions on what they see. Strangely enough, this is the case for family members who I have recently added and not school friends. My school friends tend to like what I post, but later I been receiving complaints from my family.

The fact that I don't list anything under my ''interested in'' makes a lot question (not all my family knows I'm gay). They have somehow been persuading my parents into me changing that, despite the fact that I told them that I refuse to be someone I am not.

The personality Facebook APP has also brought much questions, as they have noticed things in there like introversion which sadly my parents still associate with sickness and lack of social ability. It gets me so mad when they misunderstand that.

Finally all the movies I watch, my music, all my interests which they consider to be childish, or ''not right for me'' have brought them to ''be worried about me''.

This greatly annoys me as I feel I have to be extremely careful when I add my family members. I simply can't be myself which is very important to me. I am always self-conscious about who is it visible too, though at times that privacy button slips through and people see stuff they consider to be ''worrying''.

Does this happen to you? How do you deal with privacy issues, and how important is it to you what people might see in that social setting.

Last edited:
I don't keep anything private on facebook...I do however have to be careful what I post as my status or what kind of pictures I post because I have family members as friends

Oh, I know what you're saying.
What you can do is make a list of some of the people you don't want to see certain things in your facebook, and block them from doing so using the privacy options.
Click on account, privacy settings, and then click customize. Play around with it, and you should get your desired privacy settings.

Any problems or questions with it, text me.

Oh, I know what you're saying.
What you can do is make a list of some of the people you don't want to see certain things in your facebook, and block them from doing so using the privacy options.
Click on account, privacy settings, and then click customize. Play around with it, and you should get your desired privacy settings.

Any problems or questions with it, text me.

I am thinking of just making my Facebook more private. Doing that will really help, but having to constantly monitor what everyone can see and what I post can be so annoying. I really don't like picking and choosing who gets to see what. That feels so unreal to me, like those people should not even be your friends in the first place.

I always enjoyed a way to outwardly express myself though, to learn more about me and my friends through this. Where I can be myself more easily, without really being too self-conscious about what I say like I usually do. Too bad its happening in the ''digital'' world too.

As much as I know what you're saying, there are some people in your life that are there not because you chose them to be, but because of some other fixed relation or another.
They'll always question, and some people will always demand you to be something they want you to be instead of accepting you for who you really are. Unfortunately, being friends with them in facebook allows them to do the things you do in real life anyway, but ones they choose to ignore or deny.
You only really have three choices in this case: go on and choose to rouse more conflict, delete them = more conflict, or tinker with the privacy settings.

As much as I know what you're saying, there are some people in your life that are there not because you chose them to be, but because of some other fixed relation or another.
They'll always question, and some people will always demand you to be something they want you to be instead of accepting you for who you really are. Unfortunately, being friends with them in facebook allows them to do the things you do in real life anyway, but ones they choose to ignore or deny.
You only really have three choices in this case: go on and choose to rouse more conflict, delete them = more conflict, or tinker with the privacy settings.

I see where you are getting at, I guess some things are hard to avoid. Now with all sorts of activities being done through the web one must also be careful about the decisions they place in there. I think this is now the major problem going on with social networking, mostly everyone gets access to your information. Like in real life, now we have another issue in our hands and that is managing around with what you write online. It can be so frustrating though.

I have everything restricted to friends only or even more than friends only. I have separate lists. Most people are on my main list, but actually my family's on a more restricted list.

Not only that but I have it so that only friends of friends can find me on Facebook. So they have to be a friend of someone I know on Facebook to even search for me. When they find me, all they see is my name, profile picture, and the fact that I'm married.

I have my contact information set to be seen by a select few.

I see where you are getting at, I guess some things are hard to avoid. Now with all sorts of activities being done through the web one must also be careful about the decisions they place in there. I think this is now the major problem going on with social networking, mostly everyone gets access to your information. Like in real life, now we have another issue in our hands and that is managing around with what you write online. It can be so frustrating though.

Yep, it is. You can ignore them all and just be yourself though- kind of difficult however. I really only have family members blocked. For both our sanities.

Or just delete facebook.
I did it too, and I'm like the coolest kid in class.
mp-non-conformist.jpg

You don't have to read people their bullshit.
Facebook is just another medium to control eachother.
'OMG I WONDER WHAT HES UP TO.'
Just like cellphones.
Or the internet.

Of course, I've used these means before too to check up on people!
Hey, if you're dumb enough to accept my fake profile, you're going to get stalked.

Or just delete facebook.
I did it too, and I'm like the coolest kid in class.
mp-non-conformist.jpg

You don't have to read people their bullshit.
Facebook is just another medium to control eachother.
'OMG I WONDER WHAT HES UP TO.'
Just like cellphones.
Or the internet.

Of course, I've used these means before too to check up on people!
Hey, if you're dumb enough to accept my fake profile, you're going to get stalked.

It doesn't have to be. Personally I use Facebook mostly to keep in contacts with friends and certain people in an easy manner. Connections are so easy to loose, and one gets attached to certain people in a way that they want some sort of contact with them. Facebook makes sharing easy.

It doesn't have to be. Personally I use Facebook mostly to keep in contacts with friends and certain people in an easy manner. Connections are so easy to loose, and one gets attached to certain people in a way that they want some sort of contact with them. Facebook makes sharing easy.

+150 lovely. <3

We're studying about this in psychology. It really made me think of you. Lulz.

My best friend told me that he thought if the majority would be for something, that'd be a reason for me to be against it.
Then I thought people might misinterpret me.
I'm not being a non-conformist, I just like to play the devil's advocate.

Yeah, most people share their drunken stories though, which annoys the shit out of me.

Or the classic:
'OMG LOL LOST MAH CELLPHONE.'

Maybe it just happens to be so that I'm only friends with retards that lose their cellphones and can only talk about drinking alcohol.
Who knows?

I just like to believe: It was possible for people to keep in touch before Facebook existed, it won't change a lot because of its existence.
But then again, I'm shut in my room 24/7 with no social interaction.

You have the same reasons I had when I made one though.
I just ended up being annoyed in the end.

My best friend told me that he thought if the majority would be for something, that'd be a reason for me to be against it.
Then I thought people might misinterpret me.
I'm not being a non-conformist, I just like to play the devil's advocate.

That's actually part of the reasons that a person could be against something.
In Amerika, we call that 'individualist'. Hooray.

What if you actually are for a statement though. Would you still play devil's advocate for the hell of it or actually support the statement?

Yeah, most people share their drunken stories though, which annoys the shit out of me.
This actually provides serious amusement and/or entertainment for me.

That's actually part of the reasons that a person could be against something.
In Amerika, we call that 'individualist'. Hooray.

What if you actually are for a statement though. Would you still play devil's advocate for the hell of it or actually support the statement?

Depends. Are the people I argue with agreeing with me?
If so, play devil's advocate.

I typically visit facebook like once a month, unless I add someone as a friend, then I might spend a bit more time on it to remember why I don't visit it.

It feels like High School, which I didn't particularly care for.

I don't really provide a ton of updated information on facebook.

I typically visit facebook like once a month, unless I add someone as a friend, then I might spend a bit more time on it to remember why I don't visit it.

It feels like High School.

What is sad is that I feel my family members themselves are behaving like high school children. Always reading my business, spreading it around the entire family and later give my parents complaints. I am actually careful about the friends I add, and they all seem to have a good word or nice intentions. I have yet to see such nasty things be spread about me around my friends like its happening with my family.

Last edited:
What is sad is that I feel my family members themselves are behaving lie high school children. Always reading my business, spreading it around the entire family and later give my parents complaints. I am actually careful about the friends I add, and they all seem to have a good word or nice intentions. I have yet to see such nasty things be spread about me like its happening with my family.

Oh Raccoon, that's awesome.
You could troll the shit out of them.

'So guise LOL, my girlfriend is pregnant. How do I abort?'

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

If you want me to, I'll think of ways to troll your family.
Now I wish I didn't delete my facebook.

No offense, but some of the members of your family sound like drama queens.