[INFJ] - Extroverted Feeling: Cowardice or Courageous? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Extroverted Feeling: Cowardice or Courageous?

Extraverted Feeling: Cowardice or Courageousness?

• Total voters
lol

Hmh, "fuck it" had it considered there for a moment while "go with the flow" is more economic with the energy spent. xD
One is the deciding factor to give in to the other. If it wasn't for "fuck it", going with the flow wouldn't be possible. ;)

One is the deciding factor to give in to the other. If it wasn't for "fuck it", going with the flow wouldn't be possible. ;)

:p yeah go with the flow in my world does it once and is done with it, but sounds like that is your fuck it. ok

hqdefault.jpg

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4837266-f-k-it
A way, why not. Spiritual way, eeeeh... The first review I read confirmed what I thought. Put it on a poster - sells better ;)

I like fe.

My good ENFJ friend always backs me up and I think thats fe.

What seems to happen is, he doesn't perceive the same "wrong things" that I do, but once I point out to him, he agrees and goes along with it.

From my experience he's not the first to speak up about something but if even one person confides something in him he's the first to jump up and speak up on their behalf. It's sometimes like having a sidekick. I know that if I need him he'll be there, but he rarely actually stands up to disagree with me- even when he is disagreeing he is very tender with it, like he's trying to phrase things in a way where we're both right.

Contrasting with my good ENFP friend who constantly disagrees with me and doesn't feel obligated to "back me up". If I ask her to help me she will, but she doesn't automatically go to support me, I think because she assumes I am capable on my own. Sometimes when my ENFJ friend backs me up it's as if he thinks I need him (which I don't). I'm always marveled as the sense of community he has and how it differs from mine. He's always focused on preserving the integrity of the group as a whole, whereas I'm focused on preserving the individual rights of the members of the group, but interestingly, whenever I point out my concern for people being trampled on he will back me up. That's just not his INSTINCT, it seems.

Lol :tearsofjoy:

I did wonder... 'with the group courage' just sounds like 'can be easily peer-pressured into doing dumb shit'.

Funnily enough, though, I reckon that on battlefields, both most of the individually valorous and individually cowardly will be Fi-users. They have a bit of a 'fuck it' mentality in both directions.

When you put it in terms of being in a battle then it makes sense and isn't as revolting to me. I can see the fuck it mentality. "FML I'll cover you guys!" Or "Fuck it I don't even want to be in this war anyway!"

Fe Courage: "I didn't want to be in this war, but I'm going to die anyway - so Fuck It, I'll just fight and see what happens, yeeeehaaww!"

NiFe be "crazy~brave" sometimes
Nah, that's just shadow stuff. When Ne acts up, we don't care and we go joy berserk :D

Either that, or it's the DaveSuperPowers Fe-Se blast dynamic :lol:

I think this is more like it.

Also, there's a problem here in that true courage (of the 'go against the group' type) is rare. In the example I have in mind in my own life, it was about 1 in 40. However, the most common types (ISTJ, ESTJ and ENFP) are all Fi-users, though ESTJs have it as their inferior.

I have an interesting case of what I see as “Fi cowardice” in mind, though it might be controversial.

One of my family members avoided military conscription for WWII by getting a fake certificate from a friend of his who was a doctor. That family member was INFP and justified his action—at least that’s how it appeared to me—as motivated by a distrust of nationalism and the State in general. However, from a look at his life it’s clear that he was a cowardly man, and that the main cause behind his avoiding conscription was cowardice. But he happened to find a kind of “Fi justification” for his actions which he embraced as genuine and which allowed him to look at himself in the mirror, I suppose.

In a way by doing so he rejected “the tribe”, which in this case was nothing else that the mass of men who fought and died for their country in the fight against nazism.

I have an interesting case of what I see as “Fi cowardice” in mind, though it might be controversial.

One of my family members avoided military conscription for WWII by getting a fake certificate from a friend of his who was a doctor. That family member was INFP and justified his action—at least that’s how it appeared to me—as motivated by a distrust of nationalism and the State in general. However, from a look at his life it’s clear that he was a cowardly man, and that the main cause behind his avoiding conscription was cowardice. But he happened to find a kind of “Fi justification” for his actions which he embraced as genuine and which allowed him to look at himself in the mirror, I suppose.

In a way by doing so he rejected “the tribe”, which in this case was nothing else that the mass of men who fought and died for their country in the fight against nazism.
How do you know it wasn't legitimate? That sounds like some core INFP beliefs ..

Interesting that you view having ethics as cowardice. If everyone refused to fight in wars there wouldn't be wars; including world war 2 which relied upon average people who became Nazis for patriotism.

Those in charge of the world can't destroy if the masses refuse to play ball, but we get fear mongered and do.

If people refused to create the weapons, if people refused to assemble them, you think one batshit crazy asshole could get very far? Utilizing group mentality to get things done is predatory.

Robert Oppenheimer's remorse for his involvement in the atom bomb always struck me as illustration of this.

Sure, if just one person does, it cancels out the whole theory. It's idealism. But that doesn't make it illlegitimate in theory- people are just too small and afraid to ever make it possiblity. In small communities it can work.

Slanty, you're one of my favourite people here, BUT.

Just...

No.
That's what I love most about INTJs. I love you guys to bits, I always find you and make friends out of you. But I think it's absolutely endearing how you guys spend so much time trying to make sense out of things as if that's possible, something I gave up myself long ago. I'm not trying to be patronizing I legitimately find it adorable.

I'm sure you guys think the same about the INFPs apparent total lack of logic and reasoning skills, and our lack of desire to make sense of anything.