Evolution | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Evolution

I just want Black to support his assertions. If he is going to argue that others are speaking out of ignorance, then I would like to know what he knows that they don't. Otherwise, I don't see what is being contributed to this discussion.

Btw, that wasn't directed at you Satya but at the thread in general ;)

Prolly should have stated that in my post.

That is an interesting way of defining it. I generally find it very offensive when someone makes the assertion that I have "ignorance". The insinuation is that I am an "ignorant person". Either way, it comes off as nothing but an ad hominem if they don't support it with information which demonstrates what knowledge I am lacking.

With that in mind, allow me to rephrase my post.

Let it be noted that you have declared that Christians who believe in evolution do so in ignorance or because they are misguided.

Is that closer to what you believe?

If so, I await to see how you support this assertion. I also would love to hear of some of these scientific discoveries and archeological digs of which you have spoken since you seem to be basing your conception of others "ignorance" on this knowledge.

Ha ha that is not right either I never used misguided. I said chose the path of least resistance. Which has totally different connotations. For one my comments where directed at the religious leaders not the masses and the path of least resistance points to the leadership being people pleases for the sake maintaining numbers and support.

Oh and I will get back with supporting material in fact the only person in this thread that has put forward supporting arguments has been myself most in opposition has been rather emotive which I find strange for those that claim evolution is a science when their passion treats it like religion.

Last edited:
If so, I await to see how you support this assertion. I also would love to hear of some of these scientific discoveries and archeological digs of which you have spoken since you seem to be basing your conception of others "ignorance" on this knowledge.

Better still I'll give you a list of Creationist Scientist and you can go look at their work yourself.

Note: Individuals on this list must possess a doctorate in a science-related field.

Last edited:
Instead of making ad hominem after ad hominem, why don't you just show us some of these scientific discoveries that have originated from or have been inspired by Christianity? Show us some of these archeological digs which used the Bible for historical accuracy.

Why should I do all the work if you are genuinely interested in some of these archeological digs which used the Bible for historical accuracy just google "bible discoveries" the scientific work look at the list below and I challenged nonlinear in this thread to do his homework and this is what he found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKisses
Do your research this has recently been questioned by science

Doing it right now. I have some recent papers on my desk at the moment and you´re right. It has been questioned. There seems to be two different kinds of views, energy-scale and time-space based, one possible observation on the former, and nothing conclusive yet. Very interesting stuff indeed. Thank you for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastMohican
It has come up a few times, notably in 1999 and 2004, but as far as I know the findings have been subsequently debunked. Do you have a source from the last year or two?

If you have access you can look for recent papers by Joao Magueijo and George F. R. Ellis on google scholar for example.

If evolution is science and questions itself than I challenge you to question it!

Last edited:
Why should I do all the work if you are genuinely interested in some of these archeological digs which used the Bible for historical accuracy just google "bible discoveries" the scientific work look at the list below and I challenged nonlinear in this thread to do his homework and this is what he found.

Because you have made all these unsupported claims. You argued that there are scientific discoveries that have their origins from the Bible and archeological digs which used the Bible for reference. You couldn't support these actual claims, so you posted a list of names of scientific authorities that you ripped off of Creationist Ministries International. In short, you have absolutely no credible or verifiable evidence to disprove evolution or to prove creationism.

Funnily enough, from reading about a lot of the names you listed, some accept evolution, but argue that it is a part of God's plan and creation. Some of them, like the first physicist on your list, demonstrate they don't even have the most basic biological understanding of evolution. In short, you did exactly what I expected you would do. You were confronted with a demand for evidence, and since you couldn't provide any objective knowledge, you went to subjective forms of knowledge, such as tradition, authority, and intuition.

Now you wanted supporting evidence, here are some videos for you to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJX68ELbAY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFrkjEgUDZA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnj7PlqmJ5o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80nhqGfN6t8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzmbnxtnMB4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3k0dDFxkhM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Q2Db17v5U&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-7d06HJSs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfoje7jVJpU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MXTBGcyNuc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm277H3ot6Y&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TkY7HrJOhc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfifz3C0mI&feature=related

Evolutionary theory has been under attack by Creationist since its inception and it has withstood the barrage to be accepted by 95% of the scientific community.

Last edited:
What purpose is the conversation serving? If you are trying to convince others that their take is wrong it doesn’t seem to be working, if you are trying to find new ways of looking at it than please do so in a less abrasive manner, in other words please stick to the topic without taking digs at other members.

I agree, there seems to be much hostility in this thread...

BlackKnightKisses- Putting aside everything youve discussed in this thread....can you just explain in one post as to why you won't consider the theory of evolution as credible?

Im asking out of pure interest, not to be argumentative.

thank you

I agree, there seems to be much hostility in this thread...

BlackKnightKisses- Putting aside everything youve discussed in this thread....can you just explain in one post as to why you won't consider the theory of evolution as credible?

Im asking out of pure interest, not to be argumentative.

thank you

Simple there is not one shred of evidence that evolution offers only theory. it is merely a belief. The argument presented to me for creation is not only credible by scientific measure but historically credible as its assertions are observed in the world today and finally it is more than a religion to me and you can make what you want of it, but I know the creator it is no longer just a belief but a friendship. So I have three reasons against one man made story that tries to explain his existence.

:mhuh:

I give up.

1. There is evidence to support evolution (see 13 youtube videos to hear some of it).
2. There is no scientific evidence to support creationism. All that has been presented is subjective forms of knowledge, namely traditional, authority, and intuitive forms of knowledge.
3. I've learned that creationists utilize selective perception to stay ignorant of the facts and they are perfectly happy to do so.

Selective perception: only pursuing information that supports one's values and beliefs.

Hence, my original question has been answered. I now know why some people accept creationism as a valid alternative theory.

Last edited:
Because you have made all these unsupported claims. You argued that there are scientific discoveries that have their origins from the Bible and archeological digs which used the Bible for reference. You couldn't support these actual claims, so you posted a list of names of scientific authorities that you ripped off of Creationist Ministries International. In short, you have absolutely no credible or verifiable evidence to disprove evolution or to prove creationism.

Funnily enough, from reading about a lot of the names you listed, some accept evolution, but argue that it is a part of God's plan and creation. Some of them, like the first physicist on your list, demonstrate they don't even have the most basic biological understanding of evolution. In short, you did exactly what I expected you would do. You were confronted with a demand for evidence, and since you couldn't provide any objective knowledge, you went to subjective forms of knowledge, such as tradition, authority, and intuition.

Evolutionary theory has been under attack by Creationist since its inception and it has withstood the barrage to be accepted by 95% of the scientific community.

And you did exactly as I thought you would do. The evidence is there you just could not be bothered to look. Your mind is closed and you are comfortable in ignorance. You discredit the evidence based on its source not its content. With that list there are links to biographies and many of them lead to articles, scientific paper, and discoveries that they have made. You were too lazy or afraid to look for yourself on google for bible discoveries the reason I suggested that is there are so many if you look I have the it would take a lot to encapsulate them here. You sir are the one that lacks credibility liking to mock but you your self have not put forward any proof for your stance.

Last edited:
And you did exactly as I thought you would do. The evidence is there you just could not be bothered to look.

It would make a lot more sense to make that claim if I hadn't used examples of your "authorities" in my reply to you!

Your mind is closed and you are comfortable in ignorance.

Projection.

You discredit the evidence based on its source not its content.

You haven't presented any evidence! You have only presented "authorities"!

With that list there are links to biographies and many of them lead to articles, scientific paper, and discoveries that they have made.

And I read a few and made some points about them, which you seemed to have ignored.

You were too lazy or afraid to look for your on google for bible discoveries the reason I suggested that is there are so many if you look I have the it would take a lot to encapsulate them here.

If you aren't going to contribute to the discussion, then get the hell out of my thread!

You sir are the one that lacks credibility liking to mock but you your self have not put forward any proof for your stance.

Except for 13 videos which I posted, but you seem to be ignoring.

:ml:
This has gotten too damn ridiculous. You have already done a perfect job demonstrating to me why some people accept creationism as a valid alternative theory. Namely selective perception and scientific ignorance. And as you have completely failed 6 times now to provide any verifiable or objective evidence to support your claims, I don't see how you are even worth discussing this with anymore.

:mhuh:

I give up.

1. There is evidence to support evolution (see 13 youtube videos to hear some of it).
2. There is no scientific evidence to support creationism. All that has been presented is subjective forms of knowledge, namely traditional, authority, and intuitive forms of knowledge.
3. I've learned that creationists utilize selective perception to stay ignorant of the facts and they are perfectly happy to do so.

Selective perception: only pursuing information that supports one's values and beliefs.

Hence, my original question has been answered. I now know why some people accept creationism as a valid alternative theory.

That is sad embryonic development is no evidence for evolution it is a story based around process in common to all living creatures that was the way it was DESIGNED. Give me some real evidence for evolution.

Last edited:
That is sad embryonic development is no evidence for evolution it is a story based around process in common to all living creatures that was the way it was DESIGNED. Give me some real evidence for evolution.

You guys will argue about this until the end of time. Or until you die. No one can prove theories they can only be proved wrong. There's enough evidence for evolution to be generally accepted. I haven't looked into creationism though so I would not know if there's enough. Theories are something humans thought up to help make the world seem rashionable. I can tell neither of you are budging at all in this debate or argument whatever you want to call it. It's just insult after insult.

Not going to waste anymore of my time on you kid. Sgt has it right. No way to prove this one way or another. I asked you for evidence 6 times before you ever asked me for any. If you wish to argue intelligent design, then you are entitled to that belief. I currently see more evidence to support evolution that I see to support creatioinism, so I'm going with that until some new evidence is found or a better explaination is derived. That is all there is to it.

Scary...