Evolution | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Evolution

I don't know about the actual genetics but it's easy to see how the concept would work on a grander scale. Successful genes get passed on, unsuccesful ones don't, if being a successful breeder means being complex then that's what will dominate over time.

Selective breeding and survival of the fittest are no proofs of evolutionist theory it may be a base on which the theory is built but it is not evidence! In selective breeding both mother and father genes are in the offspring it hasn't mutated from the parents but is a combination. In survival of the fittest it just tells me the environment has an impact on numbers it doesn't prove adaptive mutation. Scientific experiment that create mutations in the lab are just that and shows me it takes someone with a brain to CREATE it. Mutations in nature are often sterile or rejected when it comes to mating the likely hood of passing mutation from generation to generation to the extent needed to achieve the diversity of kind we have makes evolution an absurd theory for the origin of life.

Evolution isn't generation to generation in a massive amount each time. It's a slow procedure involving cells. The simplest cell creatures are the fastest to evolve, whereas US highly complex multicellular species take much much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Selective breeding and survival of the fittest are no proofs of evolutionist theory it may be a base on which the theory is built but it is not evidence!

Well it seems like a pretty good start! better than a magic being at the least.

Mutations in nature are often sterile or rejected when it comes to mating the likely hood of passing mutation from generation to generation to the extent needed to achieve the diversity of kind we have makes evolution an absurd theory for the origin of life.

Yes a lot of mutations are rejected but they happen fairly often (just look at cancer), most infact will be rejected but every now and then there are mutations that turn you into a sex bomb (or at least a bit more successful than your peers) and then all your little sex bomb children are sucessful breeders and the rest of the species is either wiped out or left behind in an unchanged state. I have no evidence, all I'm saying is it seems more obvious to me and more logical in that it is working from the ground up. Just saying "god did it" doesn't work for me...

Well it seems like a pretty good start! better than a magic being at the least...

.... Just saying "god did it" doesn't work for me...

So what I'm hearing here is Evolution is just a religion for those that cannot accept the existence of a god? Homework needs to be done Creation Science has a lot of evidence that Evolutionist have just disregard on the bases it doesn't fit with their faith.

Last edited:
No, it might be for some, but for intelligent people it's a line of questioning. Some of us don't believe in anything, and but have questioning natures.

So what I'm hearing here is Evolution is just a religion for those that cannot accept the existence of a god?

I don't speak for anybody but myself and I'm rather uninformed on the subject.

Religion:
people's beliefs and opinions concerning the existence, nature, and worship of a deity or deities, and divine involvement in the universe and human life

I haven't proposed anything divine, just very natural, down-to-earth processes. I do worship nature in a sense, I suppose...

No. You don't "Believe" a theory. You question it constantly, you cut out the dead wood, you change it to be more accurate.

You don't do that with religion.

No. You don't "Believe" a theory. You question it constantly, you cut out the dead wood, you change it to be more accurate.

Yes that's exactly what I do with my Christian faith it is a human condition only seeing in part and as more is relieved I adjust my concepts to the revelation.

Last edited:
If you're honestly questioning the validity of Christianity, the true existence, then you don't have the "faith" that's necessary for a "belief".

If you're honestly questioning the validity of Christianity, the true existence, then you don't have the "faith" that's necessary for a "belief".

I have faith just the maturity and understanding grow and develops just like you are saying is the development of evolution theory is changing.

After thought...after you accept the theory you believe in it. So yes you do believe in a theory.

I accept the theory as most probable. I don't believe in it. I don't worship it. I know it's wrong as is all current science. But at the moment, it's the most accurate reading of the world we can get with our instruments.

I have faith just the maturity and understanding grow and develops just like you are saying is the development of evolution theory is changing.

Except religions like christianity can't grow because they already have their doctrine, which includes the statement that it's accurate and infallible.

It retarded itself.

Science takes theories and tries to prove them as facts.

Religion takes theories and places absolute faith and belief in them.

Actually it tries to produce it over and over and over again under controlled circumstances to see why and how and find out the fact behind it.

Yeah, what I said.

I accept the theory as most probable. I don't believe in it. I don't worship it. I know it's wrong as is all current science. But at the moment, it's the most accurate reading of the world we can get with our instruments.

You don't need to worship something to believe in it. Worship is out of place here as it is what you do in appreciation not to what you believe to be true. You say you know it is wrong than if it is wrong than why do people treat it as fact. Because they want to believe it. I do like your comment "But at the moment, it's the most accurate reading of the world we can get with our instruments." since some instruments and sources are being ignored it can't be very accurate. Just like chess player v computer, humans don't pursue every line to its end discounting things as silly without exhausting every avenue. I'm no different but I do know creation is being discounted without through investigation.