Everyday tasks you never figured out | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Everyday tasks you never figured out

I have never baked a cake...I always mean to, or say I will- but never get round to it.
I never learnt times tables and can't do anything but the most simple maths in my head.
I can't wear heels without literally killing myself.

My dad once did this with a broom. He saw it poking in on one side and said "oh darn" then flipped his hand over and noticed it coming out of the other side! He said "oh darn" and then went to the hospital. I think he was in shock haha.

exactly what happened to me! i went to the hospital with the mop :sweatsmile:

I have never baked a cake...I always mean to, or say I will- but never get round to it.
I never learnt times tables and can't do anything but the most simple maths in my head.
I can't wear heels without literally killing myself.

I would help you bake a cake if I could! I used to sell cakes and cupcakes for birthdays and weddings. :) Just follow the directions exactly, like you are doing chemistry. (It is chemistry!)

Heels: Piece of cake. (^^LOL!!^^) Start with heels 1 - 1.5 inches high. Try a thicker heel, not a skinny one. (Avoid stilettos and kitten heels.) Wear them around your house or flat. Wear them for longer and longer intervals until you've mastered walking normally, and try to do chores while wearing them. Don't wear them outside until you can walk normally in them at home.
Wedges are also easier to learn to walk in than regular heels, but many people don't like wedges.
Avoid stilettos on brick or cobblestone sidewalks.

Time tables. Try this:

I would help you bake a cake if I could! I used to sell cakes and cupcakes for birthdays and weddings. :) Just follow the directions exactly, like you are doing chemistry. (It is chemistry!)

Heels: Piece of cake. (^^LOL!!^^) Start with heels 1 - 1.5 inches high. Try a thicker heel, not a skinny one. (Avoid stilettos and kitten heels.) Wear them around your house or flat. Wear them for longer and longer intervals until you've mastered walking normally, and try to do chores while wearing them. Don't wear them outside until you can walk normally in them at home.
Wedges are also easier to learn to walk in than regular heels, but many people don't like wedges.

Time tables. Try this:

Asa, yes re the cake thing...that's just laziness, but I'm going to start with coffee cake, I love coffee cake. Wedges I can do, any other heel and I'm literally crippled! I must have funny feet... It's never bothered me though, I just don't wear them. That is a pretty interesting method for counting, clever!

Reactions: Jet, James and Free

Time tables. Try this:

Great advice @Melissa . @Dragon here's some hints on wearing high heels. I agree they are a killer.

Wow, weird that it's tomorrow where you are! Love you too.

It's weird that it's still yesterday where you guys are.
I've just finished all the saturday morning chores. @Sandie33 what a great idea to put your sheets and a pillow case in a pillow case. I had never quite worked out how to keep them all together. Super super super. Neat and tidy and organised now in linen closet. Thank you.:mclap:

To the contrary, clear gelatin is really excellent for creating liberty spikes that really hold their own. lol!
Soooo true! My punky hairstyles back in the day would never have survived without it. Also egg whites :p

@atree Olive Oil rubbed into your cuticles every night really helps. My hands are horrible because of extensive washing, this saved my nails from their brittle curse.

It's weird that it's still yesterday where you guys are.
I've just finished all the saturday morning chores. @Sandie33 what a great idea to put your sheets and a pillow case in a pillow case. I had never quite worked out how to keep them all together. Super super super. Neat and tidy and organised now in linen closet. Thank you.:mclap:
You are most welcome...:)
Truth is, I absolutely dislike cleaning, so I neatly organize everything then just dust the piles LOL.

Reactions: Free and hn87c901
I don't miss my 80's hair washouts of AquaNet or White Rain...lol
In my imagination you looked like Lita Ford, or a girl from a Mötley Crüe video. :D

Were you in Vixen?

The first step to being good at something is caring. I'm particularly terrible at continuing something I started.

I'm the same way, unfortunately. :{ For instance, sometimes I

Update: Ohhhh yes these horrible things. I'm quite familiar with them.

14664.jpg

You can burn me... I've an excuse though. I worked in both apparel and home fashions departments at Kmart when I was younger (10/10 do not recommend), and had to become a pro at all things folding, because you know people would be tearing shit out of its packages. All. The damn. Time. A full size white fitted sheet with its dimensions right on the package? Let's tear it open! There could be secrets in there. I still fold clothes, towels, etc. exactly as I was taught, right down to making folded stacks being exactly the same size. For example, different size shirts in the same stack need more or less material folded in to make sure the corners/edges of the stack line up.

For fitted sheets I do pretty much what that lady in Bellisima's video does. Fold the outer edges inward equally, so they meet in the middle, til you have one extra long rectangle, then fold that rectangle over itself until it's a square/normal rectangle.

Burn me quickly with applewood...I fold the fitted, the flat and slip them with the extra pillow cases inside a pillowcase...all of the pieces are then stacked neaty in the linen closet ... But WTF, why did they invent plastic wrap and clear tape from the same crazy beaker !?! ...once I lose the end I can not find it again. I've tossed whole rolls in the trash in frustration :p

For tape, try drawing a line over it with a marker, should be able to see a little break in the line where the edge is. :) For particularly bothersome rolls, I've actually just taken a knife or the edge of scissors and cut a new edge/opening into the roll, lol.

For tape I just bend the edge back, or crimp it, before letting go.

We need your folding secrets, @hush !!!

For tape I just bend the edge back, or crimp it, before letting go.

That too!!! I actually make this mandatory at work, lol, I just forget about it sometimes when at home. Just take a little section of tape (like half an inch is plenty), fold it over the end, and no more tape edge-seeking required.

We need your folding secrets, @hush !!!

My secret: work somewhere where multiple times a day your carefully tidied up section turned into a chaotic maelstrom as soon as you turned your back. :D Why do people have to unfold five exactly the same towels from the same stack? Why???

If you actually are curious about anything folding-related though, just holla at me

In my imagination you looked like Lita Ford, or a girl from a Mötley Crüe video. :D

Were you in Vixen?
Ha..fussle-snorts..lol...you thought right! Sun In and Aqua Net, I was a want-to-be vixon...my hair looked just like Lita Ford's in the day and Ozzies after 3-hours of party drinking:p ...I used to tease the under layer and comb a smoothe top layer so as to fool it's height...also, I used soup cans with both ends cut out as "hot rollers" ...the hair dryer would heat the can and I'd spray the under layer to "glue it"..Lord knows AquaNet is basically misty concrete...lol

@Sandie33 --- Ahhhhhh!!!! People use soda/beer cans for victory rolls and Veronica Lake waves as well.

Another thing I can't do: Fancy hairstyles. (Excluding punk ones.)

@Sandie33 --- Ahhhhhh!!!! People use soda/beer cans for victory rolls and Veronica Lake waves as well.

Another thing I can't do: Fancy hairstyles. (Excluding punk ones.)
LOL...the Joan Jet look.
Back in n the late 80's anything went with hair. And, the more the better. I tied mine at night in rag rollers too, like they did in the 1800's. Sure best being permed every six weeks. :p

Why can't you do funky & fancy hairstyles dearheart?? Is it the time invested? I have gotten lazy :p save them for occassions now...

Two more things I've not mastered...learning not to derail threads in my forum infancy...perhaps soon lol

And, learning where to break in a tangent...:-D

I am so proud of myself. I got the oil changed in my car by myself for the first time ever! Previously my Father or my Ex always did all the car stuff.

LOL...the Joan Jet look.
Back in n the late 80's anything went with hair.

Why can't you do funky & fancy hairstyles dearheart?? Is it the time invested? I have gotten lazy :p save them for occassions now...

That was something good about the 80's. I love fashion now, too. So many looks.

Well, my mom kept my hair in a pixie cut when I was little so she wouldn't have to bother with it, and I rebelled against her later on, so never learned any of the beauty skills women teach each other. I wised up in my 20's, and we became good friends, but she got sick and died when I was in my early 20's. So, there is a long list of skills I either lack, or have learned on my own.