Everyday tasks you never figured out | INFJ Forum

Everyday tasks you never figured out

Scientia

A true lady
Aug 28, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I am baffled at how I can be so advanced with some things, like explaining high level concepts to students so that they understand almost immediately, but there are still everyday things they seem to come so easily to others that I have not quite figured out yet, like properly organizing my shoes so that I can find the ones I need in less than five minutes.

Also, I can write a great logical argument for or against almost anything in a matter of minutes and I can easily paint or sew or play an instrument well but I have not mastered the art of peeling a hard boiled egg without removing some of the white with the shell.

For some reason, this really bothers me today. It's not laziness. I have taken the time to organize my shoes to no avail and have tried everything with those damn eggs lol. I have come to the conclusion that I am just a clumsy dork with some things.

Do you have an everyday task that should come easily but you can't quite get the hang of?

Being a sexual deviant is easy, but everyday tasks.. well that's hard.

It's cool to be a deviant. It's not cool to just be incompetent.

As for me, I think I am pretty terrible at managing my time. Anything at a micro level absolutely drives me nuts and I suck at it until I learn to care about it. Like @ruji said, once you care you can learn to become good at it. I don't care about details nearly as much as I do about grandiose ideas. I'll go to work with my shirt on backwards and lay out a great large scale concept.

I have not mastered the art of peeling a hard boiled egg without removing some of the white with the shell.
The Trick Is To Boil It Correctly. I've Given Up An Bought An Egg boiler....Best $15 ever! Perfectly Hardboiled AND Easy To deshell Eggs Every time!

(Why the wonky format phone?!?)

It's a rare thing if I can find an empty laundry basket in my house, and a downright miracle if folding and hanging are done right out of the dryer. Ironing? wtf is that?

I love you! I don't fold. All clothes get hung up. Or just stacked in a giant pile on the guest bed.

Fitted sheets

I don't even know what this is so that's where I'm at with this topic. I suck at life.

*Googles with humility*

Update: Ohhhh yes these horrible things. I'm quite familiar with them.

14664.jpg