ESTJs | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

ESTJs

I'd like to invite some nasty ES*J's to this thread to show how much their personality seems to only exist to hurt people. Though I fear they wouldn't care because "feelings don't matter".
More likely, they're going to complain about our sensitivity and how we "wouldn't survive in the real world"

It's not the dead judgment of a type.

But how they see the world and treating it are pretty different from us. (Of course, nothing's wrong with that, but conflicts and people getting 'hurt' is nothing unusual in the world..)

Confused

I am glad to know the figure I read that 52% of Americans are ESTJ is wrong, but I am confused.

I admit that math is my weakest subject, but if the Kiersey study found that:
75% of people are E type
75% are S
50% are T
50% are J

Doesn't that add up to a lot more than the stated 13% being ESTJ? Where am I going wrong here?

klutzo

I am glad to know the figure I read that 52% of Americans are ESTJ is wrong, but I am confused.

75% of people are E type
75% are S
50% are T
50% are J

Doesn't that add up to a lot more than the stated 13% being ESTJ? Where am I going wrong here?

klutzo
Not all E, S, T, and J are ESTJs, most of us here are Js too~

Think of it as a....overlapping diagram. (Venn?)

Yay for this thread, my husband is an ESTJ and we live in two different worlds..I would like to see an ESTJ comment as well.

These figures include 8 types each axis.

75% of people are E type = ESTJ, ESTP, ESFJ, ESFP, ENFJ, ENTJ, ENTP, ENFP
75% are S = ESTJ, ESTP, ISTJ, ISTP, ESFJ, ESFP, ISFJ, ISFP
50% are T = ESTJ, ESTP, ISTJ, ISTP, ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ, INTP
50% are J = ESTJ, ISTJ, ENTJ, INTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ, ENFJ, INFJ

klutzo

Yay for this thread, my husband is an ESTJ and we live in two different worlds..I would like to see an ESTJ comment as well.

Good luck with that. ESTJs are generally too practical to be posting on some internet forum about theoretical personality types and intuitive feelings.

Last edited:
I don't agree with the whole estimated MBTI population thing at all.

My mum's an INTJ, girlfriend and step-mum are both INFJ, dad's ENFJ, and that's all I've been bothered to type. Either everyone I've typed happens to be of a rare type or the estimated MBTI population is full of shit.

I go by the latter.

I don't agree with the whole estimated MBTI population thing at all.

My mum's an INTJ, girlfriend and step-mum are both INFJ, dad's ENFJ, and that's all I've been bothered to type. Either everyone I've typed happens to be of a rare type or the estimated MBTI population is full of shit.

I go by the latter.

Keep in mind that 1% of the world population is still 67 MILLION people, which means that there are more than 75 MILLION INFJs on the planet right now according to those extremely rare 1% statistics. If you combine the INFJs, INTJs, and ENFJs, they make up 469 Million people. None of the types are really that rare.

Last edited:
Good luck with that. ESTJs are generally too practical to be posting on some internet forum about theoretical personality types and intuitive feelings.

I need luck with that and alot of other things hahaha. If I have time tonight I will post a little more but I find it extremely difficult to get along/relate to/understand my husband.

I need luck with that and alot of other things hahaha. If I have time tonight I will post a little more but I find it extremely difficult to get along/relate to/understand my husband.

That's because you have diametrically opposite cognitive functions.

As an INFJ, you have Ni > Fe > Ti > Se

As an ESTJ, he has Te > Si > Ne > Fi

Not only do you have a different scale (N>F>T>S vs T>S>N>F), you have an opposing pace (i>e>i>e vs e>i>e>i) as well as completely opposite functions (Ni vs Ne, Fe vs Fi, Ti vs Te, Se vs Si).

This is a very strenuous set of differences to overcome.

Reactions: Trifoilum

o___O please forgive me but that sounds painful. :(

Keep in mind that 1% of the world population is still 67 MILLION people, which means that there are more than 75 MILLION INFJs on the planet right now according to those extremely rare 1% statistics. If you combine the INFJs, INTJs, and ENFJs, they make up 469 Million people. None of the types are really that rare.

67 million still means 1%, no matter how large the number is. Out of my sample INFJ shouldn't come up at all, yet it comes up 50% of the time.

Now I'm not so naive as to believe that INFJ's make up 50% of the population, but I sure think it's a hell of a lot more than 1-2%.

You have to bear in mind that the population percentages are estimated, not gathered statistics.

67 million still means 1%, no matter how large the number is. Out of my sample INFJ shouldn't come up at all, yet it comes up 50% of the time.

Now I'm not so naive as to believe that INFJ's make up 50% of the population, but I sure think it's a hell of a lot more than 1-2%.

You have to bear in mind that the population percentages are estimated, not gathered statistics.

1% means that if you have a room full of 100 people, then you have at least one on average. I'm sure you know more than 100 people, and of those 100 people, there are likely a few INFJs, INTJs, and a handful of ENFJs... according to the figures.

Also keep in mind that like minded people attract, and personality type seems to have some degree of heriditary bias, so there are often pockets of certain types in groups of friends and families. It is really rare that I run across an INFJ outside of my group of real life friends (which are a bunch of nerdy academics), but inside that group of 100 or so nerdy academics, there are probably close to a dozen, with a similar number of INTJs. There are also disproportionately few S types in this circle of friends, probably less than a third of them are S types, but all of these S types have rather well developed N functions.

My family also has a fair number of N types, close to a third on my dad's side, hinting again at this hereditary bias.

However, when I go out into the 'real world' (as opposed to places that tend to attract N types like bookstores, coffee shops, etc.) the population curves are much more accurate, with N types being quite rare, and mostly ENs when I do encounter them.

Population pockets with leanings in any given direction are the norm due to human nature and the need to surround ourselves with people that understand us. Hence, the reason for this forum.

Also a side note. If your step mum is INFJ and your dad is ENFJ, then it shows the bias I'm talking about. Like minded people attract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
Also a side note. If your mum is INFJ and your dad is ENFJ, then it shows the hereditary bias by you being ISTP, since you all share Ni, Fe, Ti, and Se (in different orders) as your primary function sets.

That would work if my mum was INFJ (she's INTJ) and there was any hereditary link between me and my dad at all (there isn't).

That would work if my mum was INFJ (she's INTJ) and there was any hereditary link between me and my dad at all (there isn't).

Yeah, I went back and caught that in hindsight. It does show that your dad was attracted to someone who was more like minded. Just shows how population pockets work.

Also note that in my circle of closest friends, the only S types are ISTPs, which have the same function sets as I do. However, all of these ISTPs have very solid Ni functions, and I've got fairly solid Se and Ti functions. This is also a really good reason why you and your INFJ girlfriend were attracted to one another. Similar function sets.

... and to get back on topic...

This is also why INFJ and ESTJ relations are generally so strenuous, because the opposite is displayed in this relationship. The functions are in drastic oppostion.

This. My dad (an ESTJ) still, after years and years of me sitting on the internet for hours on end, is unable to understand why I do it. It makes no sense to him at all. Regardless of all the things I do on it, even something pratical like looking up facts on wikipedia. He doesn't understand why someone would do such a thing. Not all, but a lot of ESTJ's I know hate the internet (even the few I know in college).

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Yeah, I went back and caught that in hindsight. It does show that your dad was attracted to someone who was more like minded. Just shows how population pockets work.

Also note that in my circle of closest friends, the only S types are ISTPs, which have the same function sets as I do. However, all of these ISTPs have very solid Ni functions, and I've got fairly solid Se and Ti functions. This is also a really good reason why you and your INFJ girlfriend were attracted to one another. Similar function sets.

Yeah maybe you're right, I just found the last bit hilarious.

Oh there are a few on mixed typological forums...There's something different about them compared to ESTJs I know irl, maybe more developed in regards to bottom function use. The ESTJs I encounter irl can't seem to look past Te-Si, no matter what age they are, even when functional development would be expected.

This. My dad (an ESTJ) still, after years and years of me sitting on the internet for hours on end, is unable to understand why I do it. It makes no sense to him at all. Regardless of all the things I do on it, even something pratical like looking up facts on wikipedia. He doesn't understand why someone would do such a thing. Not all, but a lot of ESTJ's I know hate the internet (even the few I know in college).

I do know a Chilean from the internet who's ESTJ. Pretty awesome guy, although very life focused. Gave us updates on the earthquakes as they were happening in his area. We made a motivational poster of it:

badassevedo.jpg