ENTPs | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

ENTPs

Last edited by corndogman; Today at 17:10. Reason: ultimate comeback

A comeback is only good when it beats the original insult. Although being an ISTJ and therefore devoid of humour, you probably thought it did.

Reactions: Phoenix Down
I think that was his dry sense of humor coming out, chazzie....:D

But seriously, guys. I mean it: Play nice.

I think that was his dry sense of humor coming out, chazzie....:D

But seriously, guys. I mean it: Play nice.

ahhh *puts away knife* :m075:

ahhh *puts away knife* :m075:
UxALI.jpg

Reactions: Blind Bandit
I’m not trolling anyone. If I call someone out for their dumb comments all over the forum (and in here), then they’re going to feel attacked, it’s going to cause moderators to step in, etc. even though what they are saying is beyond stupid.

The person(s) who it was meant for knows that I’m talking to them.

Reactions: IndigoSensor

This can be true. It depends on what someone did and if they are likely to do it again. But also if someone apologizes did they mean it. If not, well be in for a long wait.

@Limit

Moral of the story here is this - The way someone says things means just as much if not more than what they are saying. Here more than most places I would imagine, that matters. You've been agreed with on your general point already, it seems the main thing being disputed is your wording/tone.

Seriously though, you ought to calm down. Or not. But just know that it is kind of amusing to some of us (me at least, and if I am amused I am sure others are) that you are in such a huff over this. You're just hurting your own image here by being snippy and that is not suddenly magically going to change because omgz you're right and we are wrong!

But if it is going to bruise your ego that much to admit you were wrong about something (NEVAR! yes I know, you weren't wrong, yada yada, don't bother going there) or to apologize for the possibility that you might have sounded rude even if that is something you personally don't care about...well...then don't. Your choice. But know that people are not going to take what you say seriously because of it. At best they will shake their heads and laugh at the silliness, at worst they will just be offended and not absorb what you might feel is a good point because of being thrown immediately into defensive stance.

Humility is a virtue.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
@Limit

Moral of the story here is this - The way someone says things means just as much if not more than what they are saying. Here more than most places I would imagine, that matters. You've been agreed with on your general point already, it seems the main thing being disputed is your wording/tone.

Seriously though, you ought to calm down. Or not. But just know that it is kind of amusing to some of us (me at least, and if I am amused I am sure others are) that you are in such a huff over this. You're just hurting your own image here by being snippy and that is not suddenly magically going to change because omgz you're right and we are wrong!

But if it is going to bruise your ego that much to admit you were wrong about something (NEVAR! yes I know, you weren't wrong, yada yada, don't bother going there) or to apologize for the possibility that you might have sounded rude even if that is something you personally don't care about...well...then don't. Your choice. But know that people are not going to take what you say seriously because of it. At best they will shake their heads and laugh at the silliness, at worst they will just be offended and not absorb what you might feel is a good point because of being thrown immediately into defensive stance.

Humility is a virtue.

You want me to apologize for my tone (even if I’m 100% right) but you don’t want people to apologize for their ignorance, typist, malarkey? I see nobody else encouraging these people to step back and say, “Hey, maybe I’m the issue for why I don’t get along with (xxxx).”

I don’t particularly care about my “image” around those who are going to constantly allow typist behavior. You can either learn for growth, or you can continue to learn to hate. For Ni doms, we sure put a lot more worth in being nice rather than the underlying concern here.

In my experience, INFJs forget plenty. Memory is most closely tied to Si which is an INJ's 8th function after all. INTPs are the type to never forget, although we are not unforgiving except of ourselves.

Possibly implicit memory, but Si should not be literally attached to memory at all. INTPs the type to never forget? that’s a HUGE misconception about Si. So you’re saying ISFJs have the best memory? No.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
In my experience, INFJs forget plenty. Memory is most closely tied to Si which is an INJ's 8th function after all. INTPs are the type to never forget, although we are not unforgiving except of ourselves.
I don't know about never forget...INTPs seem to have selective memory. They are definitely a type who remembers very clearly any inconsistencies, and if there has been a pattern of behavior going on for some time, even more so. My husband calls me out on this all the time. It has the potential to make me feel sort of like I am walking on eggshells at times talking to him because I am aware even more of how what I say can be perceived. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing though as it is honestly important to me how what I say comes across and I don't like it if my integrity is compromised over how I say things. Of course being how I am I stumble over my words often enough as it is, and with him making me nervous, I get even more tripped up. This has been happening less over time though. Generally we have very good communication.

A comeback is only good when it beats the original insult. Although being an ISTJ and therefore devoid of humour, you probably thought it did.

Give it up, Ive already won.

INTPs keep track of patterns like Nazis keep track of Jews (plz excuse my offense :).
I will agree with that we have selective memory. We obviously don't remember stuff we don't care about.

I don't think it's something we talk about since it's hard to explain, and it just comes natural. We tend to keep track of status of many things (ideas, not necessarily physical occurrences), especially people's possible thoughts.

I think we keep track mainly because we are unsure, but we want to eventually know without disturbing the natural process of people's actions, as that would provoke deception by signaling them we're watching. It's not an active process though. We just store it in the back of our heads, and it comes back up instantly when we realize the inconsistency.

I also think it's because P's don't like making judgments at the moment something happens, so we defer.

I think the tracking comes natural since it's within the realm of Ti. Ti is all about managing a massively complex structure of concepts.

Last edited:
Statistically INFJs are the least likely type to be republican. They are the most likely type to identify as Progressives. The only confirmed INFJ I know though defines her political stance as Christian Anarcho-Capitalism. (Note: She just got engaged yesterday. I haven't met her fiance yet, but from what I've seen it appears he may have the same personality type as well as the same political leanings.)