Emotion in words | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Emotion in words

I speak emotion in riddle...Its hard for any human being aside from the people closest to me to actually discern my emotional garble...They only know from what they read in my eyes...My words say one thing but my eyes speak louder every time..

Same here, and the feelers know, they can tell when another is not feeling so good.

Everytime I say that I'm okay, when I'm actually not, they will notice it in my eyes, energy level and say are you sure ? :/

I express emotions far better vocally and physically, animatedly. Nothing else does the trick. Anyone else like that? I think it scares people off.

Oh, how did I forget? Probably the number one way I express emotions is through animated gestures and sound effects. And yes, I've startled people to say the least! :lol:

EDIT: That's probably why I use emoticons so much - it's better than words for communicating my emotional states.

Oh, how did I forget? Probably the number one way I express emotions is through animated gestures and sound effects. And yes, I've startled people to say the least! :lol:

EDIT: That's probably why I use emoticons so much - it's better than words for communicating my emotional states.

Hahah this is so interesting I do this too. Especially with the sounds haha if I interepret it right xD It's called onomatopoeia in literary terms, like 'BAAAM' 'Meeaoww'. Imitating noises of things haha.

Also I imitate some gestures too, this emotion ---> ^^ , I do look like that or at least I percieve me like that, which is maybe why I use it alot on here too ^^

You know I have a similar thing. When it comes to emotions, I think I express them much better through my eyes and facial expressions and my hands. My body language, facial expressions and my eyes tend to be stronger than my words in this department.

And it's awesome when another person actually reads it right.

There was a time in history where words were considered an intensely powerful thing, if you knew how to use them correctly. So, don't worry; it's not just difficult, it's an art.

I can't accurately and seriously express my full range of emotions vocally; I can get somewhere with physical gestures and sound effects like Hotherym and Milon, but not with deeper emotions.

Sometimes I can express a lot with words, but not always. However, like I said, words are powerful things and not as easily wielded as most think.

<tangent> People are required by law to be trained and licensed before being allowed to drive vehicles on roads. This is because the ability to safely wield a vehicle takes practice, and the potential for harm is high. So why are we so quick with our words? Especially in an area we are untrained or inexperienced in? Especially in new territory - the life and inner workings of another person we have not know a long time... </tangent>

EDIT: Why do I also take the words of others to heart so quickly/deeply? Lots of people are just trying to impress, and I know that very few truly understand me...

Last edited: