Emotion in words | INFJ Forum

Emotion in words

firehotemily

Community Member
Feb 16, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
I dunno if i'm supposed to post this in here or not so..o.o sorry if it's the wrong place

kay, have you ever found it difficult to speak your emotions to others? well...to me that's always been difficult, most of the time i can't explain the emotions i feel.
I dunno about you guys but i have my own language in feelings....if i could, i would speak in emotions, not words. do you guys have your own language?
lol i gots my own...but the thing is....it's almost impossible to translate it.
xD
anyways....on with our lives....:m200: xD i love these monkies!~

I'M BLIND THE COLORS I'M BLIND!!!!

See? That's how you speak emotions, and no this is in the right place.

xD whoops...o.o XD must blind you with colors!!! mwaha

but where do i post questions? i'm so confused! T.T

I dunno if i'm supposed to post this in here or not so..o.o sorry if it's the wrong place

kay, have you ever found it difficult to speak your emotions to others? well...to me that's always been difficult, most of the time i can't explain the emotions i feel.
I dunno about you guys but i have my own language in feelings....if i could, i would speak in emotions, not words. do you guys have your own language?
lol i gots my own...but the thing is....it's almost impossible to translate it.
xD
anyways....on with our lives....:m200: xD i love these monkies!~

This reminds me of a song. Runs off to find song, but there are bifg trucks on the road, so replicates song from heart-memory.

Poetry.
Poetry in motion.
See her gentle sway.
A wave out on the Ocean
could never move that way.
I see every movement, and there
is no thing I would change
She doesn't need improvement
and there is nothing I would rearange.

I think that was written about the Tao or
some cute chick. I am not sure which. :smile:

Last edited:
xD whoops...o.o XD must blind you with colors!!! mwaha

but where do i post questions? i'm so confused! T.T

Don't worry about it this thread is in the correct place if that's what your worried about.

But Forum Questions are posted here.

Questions? Got Questions?

Didn't you read the fine print? There are no question allowed here!

Anyhow, browse around, chances are someone has already broached the topics from which you seek enlightenment. And if they haven't already then you are honor bound to remedy any lack that you have noticed?

That was in the fine print too!

LOL

Just don't take some of us too seriously. Like that SH character. Lemme tell ya...

T.T i'm really sorry guys! sowwie

eep lol :m027: i just am to cool to read fine print jk...

o.o will u forgive meh?:m107:

Just don't take some of us too seriously. Like that SH character. Lemme tell ya...

NOTHING! She'll tell you NOTHING!

You'll find out soon enough anyways...

:eyebrows:

I know Emily. (I like the colours!)

Sometimes I wish we could communicate in blocks of emotion, or telepathically, bring someone into our 'haze' of emotion/perception and have them directly experience what we experience, and know it through that way - if we could do that without overwhelming each other of course :)

I've often pictured taking someone by the hand and letting them within myself. And leading them through my heart.

Last edited:
This reminds me of a song. Runs off to find song, but there are bifg trucks on the road, so replicates song from heart-memory.

Poetry.
Poetry in motion.
See her gentle sway.
A wave out on the Ocean
could never move that way.
I see every movement, and there
is no thing I would change
She doesn't need improvement
and there is nothing I would rearange.

I think that was written about the Tao or
some cute chick. I am not sure which. :smile:

AWESOME SONG :) ..

Poetry in motion
Dancing close to me
A flower of devotion
A swaying gracefully

Anyway when it comes to our own language I have a tendency to mediate emotions through my body language and alot like yourself in colours ^^

I know you cannot possibly want everyone to "always" know your emotions.
Try writing them into words and see if you can explain to even your own self.
I have found it quite difficult to write them down, but feel somewhat triumphant when the words fall into place. Others still don't see things the way I see them, though; at least I feel they don't. Sometimes I feel like a heartfelt hug says more than words can say, and that may very well be an example of "speaking" emotions without words.
Is there a way to explicitly word our emotions for all to see, or would our words then be subject to interpretation? Sometimes I can see or sense emotions better than try to understand them from words. I hope I'm not going to start writing again....
Share your language with me, if not with us all.

Isn't this the actual etymological definition of alexithymia?

I can speak my emotions, but just like when I try to explain anything else abstract with expressive vocabulary, I fall short. I'm very aware of what I'm feeling, but because it's such a mish-mash of fluctuating and often very powerful things, trying to communicate that smoothly, in a way another person can empathize with, is nearly impossible.

And maybe that's just it, I would just like people to empathize. Telepathy is definitely the way to go there, I say. Besides, I find the bulk of emotional communication is body language, tone of voice and facial expressions.

I think I express my emotions much better on paper than I do orally; heck, I express everything better on paper. It may seem a little dry, but people are more likely to empathize with what I write than what I say. Now, if only I could write poetry.

Speaking of writing, how's the writers' forum coming along, SH?

Words often fail to properly capture my emotions. Many times when I try to put them into words and think about them, I'll wind up with a visual instead - which makes sense to me, but precious few others understand the images.

I express emotions far better vocally and physically, animatedly. Nothing else does the trick. Anyone else like that? I think it scares people off.