Ego quelling | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Ego quelling

Do You Meditate?

• Yes, every day with out fail for at least an hour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, during the day i find a quiet place in informally clear my thoughts.

• I used to do it but stopped because I have no time

• I used to do it but stopped because it made me uneasy

• I used to do it but stopped because but I got into a relationship

• I used to do it but stopped because it seemed stupid

• No I have no interest in it

• No it is counter productive to my spiritual development

• No because someone I respect said it was bad/dangerous

• No I do not believe there is any benefit

• No I never considered it one way or another

• Yes because I am developing ESP

• Yes because I am developing Telekinesis

• Yes because I am developing my ability to dream lucidly

• I am meditating right now

• Total voters
I was speaking of the mental not the physical addiction, like you said everything has potential especially things that are enjoyable. Even more so i wouldn't say that LSD and Shrooms are going to kill you bt instead the things you do while on LSD and shrooms can kill you(akin to drunk driving).

Also it's hard to know what your getting when you take this stuff less your producing it yourself(which is also ilegal).

There is a false assumtion that many people who are on LSD or Psilocybin, will end up doing something that would hurt themselves. I would venture to say that it is more or less akin to alcohol as far as the risk of doing something dumb. If you're careful, you aren't going to be at that much of a risk.

You're right, many people don't know what they are doing when they get into it, but many people don't know what they are getting into with any drug. It might be mean, but that is their problem then if they can not make that judgement call on it.

Dancing, listening to music, watching a movie, smoking an herb, exercising until tired,...uhh physical release of some sort.lol

:m032:

There is a false assumtion that many people who are on LSD or Psilocybin, will end up doing something that would hurt themselves. I would venture to say that it is more or less akin to alcohol as far as the risk of doing something dumb. If you're careful, you aren't going to be at that much of a risk.

You're right, many people don't know what they are doing when they get into it, but many people don't know what they are getting into with any drug. It might be mean, but that is their problem then if they can not make that judgement call on it.

I guess a good phrase woud be "moderation in all things"

I was speaking of the mental not the physical addiction, like you said everything has potential especially things that are enjoyable. Even more so i wouldn't say that LSD and Shrooms are going to kill you bt instead the things you do while on LSD and shrooms can kill you(akin to drunk driving).

Also it's hard to know what your getting when you take this stuff less your producing it yourself(which is also ilegal).

so quick to judge what you do not understand

your position is rooted in fear and you lack personal experience

you havent tested it for yourself, you don't know what it's about

so why attack it? why jump on any one side of the fence when you dont really know the facts?

it's ok to let something be questionable

don't hold onto this fear that you have been taught

people misled you as they were misled

i'm here to educate

Last edited:
I guess a good phrase woud be "moderation in all things"

i am way into moderation. balance, awareness, understanding, these are all good things. a trip is a personal experience that helps open things up, but you will only get out of it what you want to.

"A profitable way of understanding MDMA and psychedelic drugs is to think of them as technologies. These technologies are reflectors of self, of the complexity of one

Damnit Indy! The next time I try these "things" I'm going to be so caught up in your sciency words that for 6-8 hours I'm going to be the size of a protein analyzing everything happening in my brain!

:p

Damnit Indy! The next time I try these "things" I'm going to be so caught up in your sciency words that for 6-8 hours I'm going to be the size of a protein analyzing everything happening in my brain!

:p

Yea he does that from time to time. Name a random psychoactive and you'll know all that you need to and then some.

Back to the OP I drown out my mind with something that takes a majority if not complete concentration to accomplish. This isn't turning off per se, but rather getting the chaos under control.

Physical activity definitely helps me to zone out when I'm too preoccupied. As far as the substances are concerned, weed is okay as long as there's something to occupy me while on it. Otherwise I just get all the more obsessive. I think that it's best not to indulge in stronger hallucinogens when one is in a negative space, but that's just my opinion.

dude

i never considered for a moment that my post was irresponsible

Ha!

I really think you should rethink your avatar, Dr Daniel Jackson would never speak so irresponsibly. But hey, you obviously know what your talking about so go ahead and yuk it up.

i looked at the thread on binaural beats and downloaded 3 ten minuet segments onto the mp3 player on my phone. I have been using it almost every day. I think it is working. I really would prefer to not go insane.

I have continued working with them. I was on a roll last week and actually had to use a piece of music to rouse myself out of my trance. As I stated, I am seeking relief from all ego functions while maintaining consciousness. Is that even possible?