"Eat, Pray, Love"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"Eat, Pray, Love"?

From what I heard is is about someone who decided to divorce her husband and get a $200,000.00 advance on a book about going traveling in order to find herself in order to fund her extravagant vacation.

Man, if she got a two hundred thousand advance I wonder how much she actually ended up making. That's a lot of money. I couldn't imagine spending that much in a year, even if I was traveling.

Pardon but who cares about the plot. Julia Roberts was enough to convice me I would probably pass it up even when it has been downgraded from New Release and doesn't cost as much to rent.

I wanted to watch it...until I saw the full trailer.

They should have taken this angle on the movie...

photo-5.png

Bahahaha!

I haven't seen it yet, but I probably will as Bali is one of the places most amazing places in the world and one of the places most near and dear to my heart. The last time I was there my Balinese friends and I were discussing Julia Robert's filming in Ubud and hoping that the movie wasnt going to draw a lot of sappy soul searcher to the area.

As to some of the responses in this thread....LOL Every person in here has enough money to go on long extended trips through India, and Bali and probably even Italy. Quit building your own prisons and get your priorities straight.

Reactions: acd
I gotta remember this. Next time something in my life starts to go to shit, get the publisher FIRST!

But seriously, I did one of these trips on my honeymoon (with my wife, tyvm), and it was very good. (Edit: ok, on re-read, make sure you understand that my wife and I lived together for two years before we got married. ;) ) There is a lot to be said for travel. It is still a great way to change your mood/outlook. If I ever see the movie I'll see if I can relate to it. I'm a little skeptical right now, but I'm often wrong about movies.

Last edited: