Dream interpretation | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Dream interpretation

Dream #2 (last night): I dreamed I was standing next a long shallow pool and a dolphin swam up to me with a ring that I recognized as having lost. It was yellow gold with a green stone (not an emerald). In reality I have never lost or owned such a ring. The dolphin seemed very benevolent to me and even smiled. But he rather playfully swam off with the ring still in his mouth. I jumped in and swam after him. I felt more motivated to be near the dolphin than concerned about getting this ring. At first the water had strands of black seaweed over an otherwise clear surface and blue floor, then I noticed lots of short, fat green snakes that were in the water too. I didn't like them but kept swimming after the dolphin. I woke up feeling slightly yucked out by the stubby snakes, but also with a feeling of peace from the dolphin.

Ok, let me see if I can do this . . . :)

The ring may represent something you've been missing but recently recovered, it could be something emotional or social. The dolphin is that person or situation that has brought this new found strength back in your life. It signifies strength, stability, and comfort you've never experienced before. The black seaweed are like the scales which cover our vision and prevent from seeing potential danger or obstacles. The snakes may represent people or situations that may cause harm or obstacles to growth, progress or evolution. The dolphin is likely a person whose entered your life with a renewed sense of hope and devotion, could be a emotional or spiritual guardian meant to protect you from things that attempting to take you away from a happier path.

Reactions: PintoBean
My dream: Recently, I've had dreams or more like nightmares about driving on the road, and a trailer truck which doesn't see my car, backs up as if ready to run over me. When I think the truck is about to crush me, it stops and I wake up.

Last edited:
My dream: Recently, I've had dreams or more like nightmares about driving on the road, and a trailer truck which doesn't see my car, and back ups as if ready to run over me. When I think the truck is about to crush me, it stops and I wake up.

Sorry if this is too obvious and undeep but maybe your unconscious is telling you not to worry, that the disaster you fear will be avoided.

Reactions: Gaze
Would you rather they all just floated around forever? Compassion is a strong character trait. We can often find it when everything else is gone and boiled down to the true self. Be sure to bury the bluebird, too.

I pulled a pair of socks from the trash and threw them in the washing machine several times when in grammar school. The holes didn't bother me because only I knew they were there. I loved that unique pair of socks. We were asked one day at school to remove our shoes only to get weighed. I felt remorseful and embarrassed from my peers, and quite reluctantly tossed them in the trash when we went home. When we are close to something or someone, we see past the imperfections.

My dream: Recently, I've had dreams or more like nightmares about driving on the road, and a trailer truck which doesn't see my car, backs up as if ready to run over me. When I think the truck is about to crush me, it stops and I wake up.

It's maybe more than the need to buy a truck's horn or place newer lights on your car, but check them all. I think the fact you keep waking up is a sign it's not your time. I see that as being positive. Next time, make sure everything is safe and move your car on around them. Go to a restaurant and have a warm beverage.

In the dream, I was aware that I was asleep and dreaming. I was a woman and I had become the focus of attention of an attractive man. I enjoyed the attention, but I was aware that he would not have been interested in me if I had not been a woman, and that in waking life I was in fact not a woman.

(I don't see myself as being a woman.)

My dreams rarely catch me off guard any more. In dreams I generally do the exact opposite of what a situation would normally call for. Fall off a cliff...look at the ground coming at you rather than close my eyes. Something chasing me, chase it instead. .. yes really. I remember a few dreams about apparent ghosts doing things around me. So I would either yell and demand they show themselves or try to dig my way to where I thought they were hiding. There have been a few what I like to call psychological dreams. In one two men were standing there snickering and one said to the other "He doesnt know hes dreaming the fool." Now as dreams go this is probably standard fair but my mind took this and ran with it. The idea there might be separate conscious entities in my mind threw me off for a few days as I thought about it. Eventually I got over it.

Ummmm.... so I have noticed a real world effect of my chasing after antagonists in my dreams rather than avoiding them. I do the same thing in real life now and to be honest Im not sure its a good thing.

My dreams rarely catch me off guard any more. In dreams I generally do the exact opposite of what a situation would normally call for. Fall off a cliff...look at the ground coming at you rather than close my eyes. Something chasing me, chase it instead. .. yes really. I remember a few dreams about apparent ghosts doing things around me. So I would either yell and demand they show themselves or try to dig my way to where I thought they were hiding. There have been a few what I like to call psychological dreams. In one two men were standing there snickering and one said to the other "He doesnt know hes dreaming the fool." Now as dreams go this is probably standard fair but my mind took this and ran with it. The idea there might be separate conscious entities in my mind threw me off for a few days as I thought about it. Eventually I got over it.

Ummmm.... so I have noticed a real world effect of my chasing after antagonists in my dreams rather than avoiding them. I do the same thing in real life now and to be honest Im not sure its a good thing.

This is a good tactic. I have read that lucid dreaming uses this approach.

I have a pair of pearl stud earrings that I wear almost daily. They have a warm, champagne hue, not cold white. Almost pinkish really. Last night I dreamed I was trying out to dance in a strip club and I was having to parade around in some kind of latex schoolgirl outfit. I took out my pearls and stuck them in some kind of pocket, from which thy were quickly lost. I spent a lot of time trying to locate them. I did find one, but it was flattened and damaged. I woke up upset that I couldn't find the other.

So I woke up at a complete loss this morning... it was a quick but vivid dream from which I awoke and it all happened "in the present" as I was in my bed and everything was realistically normal except for the happenstance. I dreamt my cat that was sleeping at the foot of my bed turned into a tiny frog before my eyes. What could this mean>?

The idea there might be separate conscious entities in my mind threw me off for a few days as I thought about it. Eventually I got over it.

There are at least two separate thinking minds in each of our brains. This has been proven

It took me more than a few days to get over this

There are at least two separate thinking minds in each of our brains. This has been proven

It took me more than a few days to get over this

Do you have documentation on this?

So I woke up at a complete loss this morning... it was a quick but vivid dream from which I awoke and it all happened "in the present" as I was in my bed and everything was realistically normal except for the happenstance. I dreamt my cat that was sleeping at the foot of my bed turned into a tiny frog before my eyes. What could this mean>?

In at least a few cultures frogs are thought to be bringers of good things.

Do you have documentation on this?

It only becomes apparent after the corpus callosotomy (The nerves connecting the two hemispheres) is severed. Until that the two minds work together. Unable to communicate with each other after the surgery, the two halfs begin making independent decisions that often conflict with each other. People try and do something with their right hand, picking something up for example, but the left hand stops them. It can even grab the right hand or attack the person if it doesn't get its way

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/1998/11.12/brain.html

http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/2010/10/two_minds_one_brain/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-superhuman-mind/201211/split-brains

It only becomes apparent after the corpus callosotomy (The nerves connecting the two hemispheres) is severed. Until that the two minds work together. Unable to communicate with each other after the surgery, the two halfs begin making independent decisions that often conflict with each other. People try and do something with their right hand, picking something up for example, but the left hand stops them. It can even grab the right hand or attack the person if it doesn't get its way

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/1998/11.12/brain.html

http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/2010/10/two_minds_one_brain/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-superhuman-mind/201211/split-brains

Will have to read more about this. Thanks.

I dreamed I purposefully stuck my foot in a nest of small white snakes which I knew to be rattlesnakes. I also dreamed that I was trimming my hair and piling it in a dense pattern on my husband's desk while he was working. He looked distracted and like he wished I wasn't putting hair all over his desk.

I dreamed I purposefully stuck my foot in a nest of small white snakes which I knew to be rattlesnakes. I also dreamed that I was trimming my hair and piling it in a dense pattern on my husband's desk while he was working. He looked distracted and like he wished I wasn't putting hair all over his desk.
I would interpret it as you may be considering confronting something in your life. Could be a fear of failure or loss or something negative that you feel may be contaminating some aspect of your waking life. In this dream, white may represent an awareness. Hair symbolizes sexuality. Maybe placing it on your husbands desk symbolizes that you want his attention and he's focusing on his work.

Just my interpretation. I'm not a pro with a background in psychology. I just consult my dream dictionaries and intuition.

Last edited:
I had a dream last night where I was riding in the back of a car. My mom was driving. My twin sister was sitting next to me. My mom began to drive the car in circles while in reverse all while staring at me. It scared me because it was bizarre behavior and I asked her to stop. She wouldn't and I told her that it was scaring me and as a response to that she told me to start cleaning the windows like I had made them dirty with my fingerprints or something. I questioned this like, wtf? I said "Why? Just stop, please, I'm scared. You're acting really weird" She wouldn't stop and I was so alarmed because being a passenger in a car that is going backwards in circles while the driver is staring at you is creepy so I began to clean the windows, obviously with the sleeve of my shirt to try and get them clean. Suddenly she started to choke me but her hands were a creepy grey color. I started to scream and woke myself up by saying a slurred oh my god out loud. It was slurry because my lips were still kinda paralyzed.

Reactions: Elegant Winter
I had a dream last night where I was riding in the back of a car. My mom was driving. My twin sister was sitting next to me. My mom began to drive the car in circles while in reverse all while staring at me. It scared me because it was bizarre behavior and I asked her to stop. She wouldn't and I told her that it was scaring me and as a response to that she told me to start cleaning the windows like I had made them dirty with my fingerprints or something. I questioned this like, wtf? I said "Why? Just stop, please, I'm scared. You're acting really weird" She wouldn't stop and I was so alarmed because being a passenger in a car that is going backwards in circles while the driver is staring at you is creepy so I began to clean the windows, obviously with the sleeve of my shirt to try and get them clean. Suddenly she started to choke me but her hands were a creepy grey color. I started to scream and woke myself up by saying a slurred oh my god out loud. It was slurry because my lips were still kinda paralyzed.

That's a really scary dream, replete with sleep paralysis and all. I interpret it as meaning that you are scared that someone else is in the driver's seat and you are losing control. This person is not taking you in a good direction and may in fact be causing you to lose ground you've already covered (driving in reverse). It may be that this person looks like someone near and dear to you, someone you can trust, but upon closer examination, this person seems totally different and even quite scary. Your vision is being obscured (trying to clean the window with your sleeve), and you are having trouble seeing things/people objectively for what they are. Or it may be your mother and you are reliving old fears about your mother's ability to care for you and your sister. Just my two cents.

Last edited: