Dream interpretation | Page 16 | INFJ Forum

Dream interpretation

My dreams have calmed down dramatically. If you go back and read some of the ones I posted here I think its safe to say that.

I think when your body is out of wack it tries to tell you. One dream I posted here back when I was still pretty sick had me hovering and moving around a entire town that was in a state of decay and rotting. I think it was a representation of my body now.

You know they say people only started dreaming in color after color TV came out...

I had a few dreams last night but what I remember is the last one I think I had. I was standing in a room full of what I first thought was snow but it could have been dust. Whats notable is that it was 3 dimensional. When I moved I could see actual depth because of the position of the dust in the air. So think about it, when is the last time you actually saw depth in a dream? Stereoscopic vision is needed to determine depth like that.
In any case I believe this happened because of video games and the fact they make depth like this on a flat screen.

I was walking around naked and I walked into a dining room with several people sitting at the table eating. Some family, friends and people I didn't know. I grabbed a plate and made my way over to a seat near the window. The window was more like a wall made out of glass. But there was an opening like a window. I could see clear onto the street out front and I see my sister on the other side with two of her children. Her husband is having dinner at my table and her oldest daughter is sitting next to me. I look to my left and see a nice couch. It reminds me of a couch in the home I grew up in. It was in a living room we weren't aloud to go in because my mom treated it like a museum. I see an old bf walk into the room and he sees me and begins to remove his clothing. I begin to laugh because this is what I like about him. He laid across the couch and gave me a devilish grin. I smiled and then turned towards the window and yelled out to my sister, "did you know that people with lupus shouldn't eat alfalfa sprouts? It causes their immune system to go haywire! I think it should be used to diagnose people!" She seemed interested but confused. I turn back to Matt. He's still grinning at me and then I tell him to either sit at the table or put some clothes on. He's doing it all wrong. I, on the other hand, wasn't putting on anything. I have a nice body and internet boobs...and I realize it's my home.

Disclaimer:I don't know if there is a connection between alfalfa sprouts and lupus, nor do I know anyone with lupus, lol.

Naked dreams usually express anxiety that we are exposed, vulnerable, ill-prepared, humiliated etc. In this case though, I don't think so. You are naked and exposed, but it is okay because you are with friends (albeit an ex bf), and everybody is comfortable in their own skin, as exhibited by ex-bf joining in the nudity fun. The couch from the childhood room that is like a museum is now reclaimed and it is in your house, where you are free to put your naked butt all over it. It's interesting that you want to be naked in the window. Maybe it's like saying, "oh haii, look, I'm here in my house, in my birthday suit eating my dinner so y'all can throw stones, but I know you live in glass houses too!" I am not sure where to take the sprouts/lupus thing. Maybe you are trying to tell your sister that there is something in her own life that is growing (or "sprouting") which she is not good for her and will cause the psychological equivalent of an auto-immune response? You've reached a point where things are in order in your own house and you are damn comfortable being you. You are ready to give insight/perspective to people who you may not have been in a position to advise at an earlier time in your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: acd
Naked dreams usually express anxiety that we are exposed, vulnerable, ill-prepared, humiliated etc. In this case though, I don't think so. You are naked and exposed, but it is okay because you are with friends (albeit an ex bf), and everybody is comfortable in their own skin, as exhibited by ex-bf joining in the nudity fun. The couch from the childhood room that is like a museum is now reclaimed and it is in your house, where you are free to put your naked butt all over it. It's interesting that you want to be naked in the window. Maybe it's like saying, "oh haii, look, I'm here in my house, in my birthday suit eating my dinner so y'all can throw stones, but I know you live in glass houses too!" I am not sure where to take the sprouts/lupus thing. Maybe you are trying to tell your sister that there is something in her own life that is growing (or "sprouting") which she is not good for her and will cause the psychological equivalent of an auto-immune response? You've reached a point where things are in order in your own house and you are damn comfortable being you. You are ready to give insight/perspective to people who you may not have been in a position to advise at an earlier time in your life.

In the dream, I was the only one that was naked (until ex entered and joined). And I do remember that there were a few uncomfortable glances and it made me feel out of place for a few secs, but then I decided to ignore and carry on (grabbing the plate and doing my thing regardless of what they might be thinking.) I think it has to do with how I have always been the only one in my family to do things my way, regardless of what anyone thought. They always did what they were told or what was expected of them in society and I always took the opposite route. I was the epitome of the black sheep in my family.

I like what you said about the glass house. And since I was looking through it towards my sister (and two children) across the street, I think it has something to do with her attitude towards me. She has had a problem with me for as long as I can remember. The jealousy and anger and competitiveness towards me was very confusing during my earlier years. But I now understand that it had little to do with me and more to do with her own insecurities. I clearly see what her problem is and that is why I keep her at a distance (across the street). She has the two children with her that are very much like her. Her daughter and husband are with me because her husband doesn't understand what her problem is and her daughter loves me to pieces. She treats her daughter poorly at times because she reminds her of me. She admitted this and even says that when she is mad at her, she calls her by my name. It doesn't make sense because her daughter is the most amazing little girl. Beautiful, smart as a whip (straight A student), thoughtful, caring, considerate, and motivated, planning her life already at 13! I am very proud of her.

The couch may represent the past that is still present (her untouched hostility towards me). My ex taking off his clothes and laying across the couch may represent her jealousy when it came to men. She didn't like that her little sister was attractive; it drove her mad with jealousy. And I just realized something! She had this boyfriend for a few yrs that she was madly in love with and when he broke up with her, I saw him out somewhere and he was hitting on me and asked me out on a date. I told my sister about it and she was thankful that I told her but then she was enraged (at me of course). And his name was MATT. So maybe that is why that ex was in the dream?

The lupus/alfalfa thing may be because I get a gut feeling that there is something going on with her health that she isn't aware of and I do think that it may be an autoimmune disease. I don't know why I feel this way, but when I get near her, I get this sick feeling. Something she is putting into her body is making it worse.

Onto the ex: I basically tell him to do it right or don't do it at all. Maybe this is my feeling towards some men and how they treat relationships? I don't know.

Thanks, PB for your feedback! It really got me thinking! :)

Reactions: PintoBean
Trapped in a building. Doors showing the outside on occasion. Couldnt get out.
2 people with me. Met two later who had been there for years. Came to a large set of glass doors. Couldnt get them open. One 9f the people just met had a wrench. They used it ti turn water on for no reaaon. I said we could use the wrench to break the glass and then the doors opened.
Outside the world was in chaos. Natural disasters were destroying everything but it seemed like it might stop.

Trapped in a building. Doors showing the outside on occasion. Couldnt get out.
2 people with me. Met two later who had been there for years. Came to a large set of glass doors. Couldnt get them open. One 9f the people just met had a wrench. They used it ti turn water on for no reaaon. I said we could use the wrench to break the glass and then the doors opened.
Outside the world was in chaos. Natural disasters were destroying everything but it seemed like it might stop.

You are stuck mentally/intellectually somewhere, but the new perspective and tools to gain it are in plain sight. You need only use the tools you already posses to become "unstuck."

I just woke from this dream, and my heart is still beating out of my chest. It was dark, but not quite night- almost as if your tv settings were low on the color saturation and brightness. I was in an abandoned city, a large city. Crumbing skyscrapers and high-rises in rubble. The building were not in an American architecture style. Now that I think about it, it definitely was an unfamiliar and foreign city. There wasn't a single person there, no sounds of birds or life, really, only the sound of wind rustling through papers and trash laying around. I was looking for my son. In the dream, he had just been there with me, and then suddenly wasn't. I was in a panic, running through the empty streets searching for him. I couldn't find him, gave up, and was screaming and crying and pounding my fists into the pavement till they were bloody. And that's when my husband woke me up saying that I was screaming in my sleep. I had to get out of bed to check on my kids and the only thing that helped calm me was seeing them dreaming peacefully. I'm still trying to shake it off. I haven't had a dream like that since my oldest was a baby. I remember having a dream where I had left her somewhere and couldn't remember where.

I just woke from this dream, and my heart is still beating out of my chest. It was dark, but not quite night- almost as if your tv settings were low on the color saturation and brightness. I was in an abandoned city, a large city. Crumbing skyscrapers and high-rises in rubble. The building were not in an American architecture style. Now that I think about it, it definitely was an unfamiliar and foreign city. There wasn't a single person there, no sounds of birds or life, really, only the sound of wind rustling through papers and trash laying around. I was looking for my son. In the dream, he had just been there with me, and then suddenly wasn't. I was in a panic, running through the empty streets searching for him. I couldn't find him, gave up, and was screaming and crying and pounding my fists into the pavement till they were bloody. And that's when my husband woke me up saying that I was screaming in my sleep. I had to get out of bed to check on my kids and the only thing that helped calm me was seeing them dreaming peacefully. I'm still trying to shake it off. I haven't had a dream like that since my oldest was a baby. I remember having a dream where I had left her somewhere and couldn't remember where.

I think this probably just means you are a very good mom and the well being of your children (and their safe location) is on your mind even when you are sleeping. I sometimes have similar nightmares about my dogs (not compare children to dogs, sorry), where I would lose them or leave them in a hot car or something. It simply came down to the unconscious manifestation of a concern that was probably on my mind 24/7. As to the strange city part, which seems significant because of the heavily ambient atmosphere of it, perhaps you see your son transitioning to a new stage, growth and development-wise. Maybe you feel you are in uncharted waters with him (a new, strange city, so to speak) and you are afraid at some unconscious level of losing him or not doing right by him.

I think this probably just means you are a very good mom and the well being of your children (and their safe location) is on your mind even when you are sleeping. I sometimes have similar nightmares about my dogs (not compare children to dogs, sorry), where I would lose them or leave them in a hot car or something. It simply came down to the unconscious manifestation of a concern that was probably on my mind 24/7. As to the strange city part, which seems significant because of the heavily ambient atmosphere of it, perhaps you see your son transitioning to a new stage, growth and development-wise. Maybe you feel you are in uncharted waters with him (a new, strange city, so to speak) and you are afraid at some unconscious level of losing him or not doing right by him.

No, you can compare your dogs to children, lol. The infj's I know irl all love their animals as if they had given birth to them themselves so I think it's a good comparison! I think you may be onto something. I definitely feel those days of him "needing" me as much coming to a close. Maybe it's because he's my last child, there will be no more to follow and I'm mourning the fact that he's growing up, like I'm my "mom" identity is now compromised if I don't have small children with sticky fingers running around the house. Hmm... some good food for thought. Thank you PB :D

I had a dream a while back. I was on a gorgeous, remote beach somewhere, with my older sister.. My sister ran off and disappeared into the sea as I tried to follow her there were empty snake skins everywhere. It was like an opsticle course trying to avoid standing on them. That's all I can remember.

I used to have a lot of sleep paralysis but it has eased in recent years, thankfully. It was always the same, a black, demon like figure would pick my up by the neck and hold me in a corner against the ceiling. They eased off once I moved house. But there was one night i remember vividly. The black figure came into my new room while I was sleeping, but I was able to control the dream, I didn't fear the figure anymore so it left the room. I haven't seen it since. It was so terrifying I'll never forget.

I had a dream a while back. I was on a gorgeous, remote beach somewhere, with my older sister.. My sister ran off and disappeared into the sea as I tried to follow her there were empty snake skins everywhere. It was like an opsticle course trying to avoid standing on them. That's all I can remember.

This seems like a very meaningful dream. Perhaps you are actually questioning aspects of your sister's character, such as how authentic she is, how well you really know her. You are following her even into the sea, only to find remnants of her outer-self, but no authentic sister. The skins possibly represent superficiality/change/cast-off identities, and that they are everywhere is alarming because where is the real person, not just the exterior? I think it could also represent a journey of self-exploration. Your dream sister may represent your waking self. You are trying to sort through outgrown or inauthentic identities to find the true you. You are literally diving headfirst in your search for authenticity. I've read that dreams of snakes in the water can mean you are carrying a lot of unconscious fear about something too. Perhaps you are afraid of what you will discover about yourself or your sister.

I used to have a lot of sleep paralysis but it has eased in recent years, thankfully. It was always the same, a black, demon like figure would pick my up by the neck and hold me in a corner against the ceiling. They eased off once I moved house. But there was one night i remember vividly. The black figure came into my new room while I was sleeping, but I was able to control the dream, I didn't fear the figure anymore so it left the room. I haven't seen it since. It was so terrifying I'll never forget.

I'm not sure of this. I have had a few highly disturbing incubus type dreams. I had one before I moved out of my condo to get married. It's almost like a demon was in the room trying to keep me from leaving. I felt like it was upset that I was moving on to a happier life out of that lonely place. I only had one since then. I do think we take our demons with us sometimes and they can reappear when we feel vulnerable. [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] has had some good things to say on dealing with dark presences that manifest during sleep.

If you believe in the sorts of things as spirits, demons, etc. etc. IMHO, many of them grab onto those who they can control, and control by invoking as much fear for them to feed off of.
It was much the same with my night terrors I had as a child…once I gained some control over the dreams and myself in them (if they were indeed dreams and not some kind of out of body experience) they ceased and it is quite rare now that I will have a nightmare…the last true nightmare I had was being chased by two demons through and old warehouse of some sort…except I was stronger than them, and I knew I was…I basically kicked their asses with fire and sparks I was somehow able to shoot from my fingertips…also gravity was within my control as well, I could jump around the place and push off the walls and whatnot while the demons could not.
I woke up drenched in sweat.
I still occasionally have entities enter my house while I’m sleeping, and whatever I am dreaming at the time will be interrupted immediately…I don’t necessarily wake up all the way, but I believe I go from dreaming to out of body to push these things out.
This has resulted in physical things happening in the waking “real world”.
I think it helps to yell at them and command them to “Get the fuck out, you have no right to be here. You must leave!” And then push them out with your mind if you can. (if that makes sense to you?)
Just remember and focus the feeling of strength you felt as you were in control if this happens again…also, there are some things you can do in the waking world to keep this type of thing from happening.
PM me if you are interesting and I can tell you how to “seal” your bedroom…I have even gone so far as to try and make my house invisible to negative entities and so far I’ve had good results.
You gained control, and the entity lost his IMO.

Last edited:
If you believe in the sorts of things as spirits, demons, etc. etc. IMHO, many of them grab onto those who they can control, and control by invoking as much fear for them to feed off of.
It was much the same with my night terrors I had as a child…once I gained some control over the dreams and myself in them (if they were indeed dreams and not some kind of out of body experience) they ceased and it is quite rare now that I will have a nightmare…the last true nightmare I had was being chased by two demons through and old warehouse of some sort…except I was stronger than them, and I knew I was…I basically kicked their asses with fire and sparks I was somehow able to shoot from my fingertips…also gravity was within my control as well, I could jump around the place and push off the walls and whatnot while the demons could not.
I woke up drenched in sweat.
I still occasionally have entities enter my house while I’m sleeping, and whatever I am dreaming at the time will be interrupted immediately…I don’t necessarily wake up all the way, but I believe I go from dreaming to out of body to push these things out.
This has resulted in physical things happening in the waking “real world”.
I think it helps to yell at them and command them to “Get the fuck out, you have no right to be here. You must leave!” And then push them out with your mind if you can. (if that makes sense to you?)
Just remember and focus the feeling of strength you felt as you were in control if this happens again…also, there are some things you can do in the waking world to keep this type of thing from happening.
PM me if you are interesting and I can tell you how to “seal” your bedroom…I have even gone so far as to try and make my house invisible to negative entities and so far I’ve had good results.
You gained control, and the entity lost his IMO.

Yes, at that time of my life I felt completely out of control, even in my dreams I was totally out of control. I didn't know what to do about them at the time, only to endure them and hope they would stop. I believe since I felt out of control in my waking life it had a knock on effect in my dreams.

It was only when I left that house that they stopped, and stopped completely. It's funny you mentioned commanding them, because that's what I did. I remember sitting up and staring it down and then it left. This was all in a dream or as you say out of body. and I never seen it again. I always felt that the house was haunted, or something, but really the house was just riddled with bad energies. I was absorbing it all and so my unconscious mind was effected.
Hopefully they won't bother me again but I will definitely try those tricks out. They are absolutely terrifying, they do feed off fear though, if you do not fear them they can not bother you, this definitely works in the real world, with real people too.

This seems like a very meaningful dream. Perhaps you are actually questioning aspects of your sister's character, such as how authentic she is, how well you really know her. You are following her even into the sea, only to find remnants of her outer-self, but no authentic sister. The skins possibly represent superficiality/change/cast-off identities, and that they are everywhere is alarming because where is the real person, not just the exterior? I think it could also represent a journey of self-exploration. Your dream sister may represent your waking self. You are trying to sort through outgrown or inauthentic identities to find the true you. You are literally diving headfirst in your search for authenticity. I've read that dreams of snakes in the water can mean you are carrying a lot of unconscious fear about something too. Perhaps you are afraid of what you will discover about yourself or your sister. .

Both of these theories would make a lot of sense. It seems like I'm full of doubt, and I don't really understand why that is. I am moving towards changing myself and my life right now so I'd assume it has a lot to do with that. But doubting the authenticity of my sister sounds a little sinister to me, I don't have any right to doubt her or go in search of her faults. But in truth I do tend to do that naturally, and it showing signs in my dreams would make perfect sense.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I actually went in search of snake skin dreams but I could find nothing of substance.

I'm bummed I didn't find this forum earlier, my dreams have quitened down recently.

I dreamt last night that I was in a flooded forest.. There was a friend or family member with me but can't remember exactly who it was. We were traipsing trough these floods looking for dry land, there were a lot of birds and river animals. I came across this young otter. It got really attached to me so I took it with me. Something startled the otter and he swam away. I then went in search for it. I came across an old school friend, she killed an animal in front of me and started to eat it. I thought it was the otter but then realised it wasn't.

I have no idea why this school friend is in my dreams, I haven't seen her in a long time and I didn't know her that well either.
I wonder if the otter signifies something.

I had a dream about being stuck in some elevator again, maybe it meant literally that I am stuck in my current life situation which is absolutely true. I don't remember sadly much about the dream anymore, other than when I woke up I felt extremely anxious for some reason.

I had a dream about being stuck in some elevator again, maybe it meant literally that I am stuck in my current life situation which is absolutely true. I don't remember sadly much about the dream anymore, other than when I woke up I felt extremely anxious for some reason.

Elevator dreams can be expressions of fear about being stuck. They can also be very positive. You may be stuck in an elevator that is about to move up. Maybe your unconscious is telling you, stay put, bear with the momentary uncomfortable feeling, you're about to move on up and get off at a better floor. New things, new places, new endeavors. And just for laughs: :)

[video=youtube;FHDwRECFL8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHDwRECFL8M[/video]

I dreamt last night that I was in a flooded forest.. There was a friend or family member with me but can't remember exactly who it was. We were traipsing trough these floods looking for dry land, there were a lot of birds and river animals. I came across this young otter. It got really attached to me so I took it with me. Something startled the otter and he swam away. I then went in search for it. I came across an old school friend, she killed an animal in front of me and started to eat it. I thought it was the otter but then realised it wasn't.

I have no idea why this school friend is in my dreams, I haven't seen her in a long time and I didn't know her that well either.
I wonder if the otter signifies something.

Perhaps you have unconscious fear that a friend, or someone from your past that you otherwise trust, may be trying to encroach on something dear to you. Otters can symbolize playfulness and water is healing. Perhaps you fear someone taking your playfulness away in a cruel way, or simply encroaching on what is near and dear to you.

I dreamt I was walking with a friend of mine in the woods. We came to a clearing and it was just grass, but the woods surrounded us. We paused to take it in because it was unusual scenery. Then, one tree fell. These trees were massive, so when it fell, it came dangerously close to us and we didnt expect that. Then, we began to hear the deafening (in the dream it was so loud it was almost unbearable)crack of more trees splitting and falling. We thought we were in a safe clearing, but each tree that fell was closer and closer to smashing us until we were running around the clearing trying to find a place where a tree wouldn't fall on us. Before this dream, we were talking (in waking life) about a mutual friend and something she had done to one of us that was crappy.

So maybe it signifies that we don't trust this person. But the seemingly safe clearing is interesting. Maybe it means I think what we talked about will get back to the other person?

Before I never really paid attention to the possible meaning of dreams, however my dreams have been quite strange lately that I decided to look some of them up on the internet. I often dream about zombies and according to some dream-interpretation sites, it could mean a lack of direction in life; which is quite true for me at the moment.

Last night I dreamed that I was in the city with my cousin, and we wanted to find a place to eat, outside. But it was already dark, so I think it's quite strange to want to eat outside in the dark. Anyhow; we stopped at a small restaurant and I quickly took a menu card from one of the tables outside, to see what they had to offer. All of a sudden I hear people on the terrace speaking in awe about something; I look at them and see that all of them are looking up to something. I do the same, to see what they're looking at, and I see a crescent moon. But there was something strange yet beautiful about this one. The light that came from the edges had the colors of the rainbow. After a while the light formed a circle around the moon, like a ring. Then, all of a sudden, BOOM. From the inside of the ring of light, this huge blast of light came down to the ground- just like what the aliens did in Independence Day, destroying everything and sucking up the moon. I instinctively began to ran. Then I woke up, haha.

To see the crescent moon in your dream indicates cyclic changes, renewal, and movement. You are progressing smoothly toward your life path.

This is what I found on the internet... OK. Don't think it applies to me since I feel there is a lack of direction in my life right now. I wonder what it means when the moon disappears because of a mysterious and destructive rainbow light.