Dream interpretation | Page 13 | INFJ Forum

Dream interpretation

I just woke up from a dream in which I was I was a man trying to date this woman who worked in the clothing store Bandanna Republic (neither character is anyone I know of in waking life). I wanted to impress her by renting a Banana Republic store and hiring people to serve us as in a restaurant. However, I was broke, and literally didn't have a pot to piss in, as another portion of of my dream consisted of me urinating (as a man) in a trashcan. I woke up and really had to pee, but my husband was in our nearest bathroom. I remembered my dream when I glanced at a waste-paper basket and for a micro-second considered peeing in it.

I just woke up from a dream in which I was I was a man trying to date this woman who worked in the clothing store Bandanna Republic (neither character is anyone I know of in waking life). I wanted to impress her by renting a Banana Republic store and hiring people to serve us as in a restaurant. However, I was broke, and literally didn't have a pot to piss in, as another portion of of my dream consisted of me urinating (as a man) in a trashcan. I woke up and really had to pee, but my husband was in our nearest bathroom. I remembered my dream when I glanced at a waste-paper basket and for a micro-second considered peeing in it.

i sense that you are plagued by the perils of intersleep urination breaks, and that you should take a more fearless and proactive approach to this biological necessity in order to improve your rest outcomes. also, you should get more romance situations, like long walks along the beach holding hands and hunting pretty shells, or mutual bungee jumping. but thats just my interpretation.

Reactions: PintoBean
Dreamed I was ushered into a tee pee. A beautiful, young virgin woman came in with me. I got in the "bed" and covered myself with a buffalo blanket. She dropped her clothes and eased herself in with me under the buffalo blanket. I noticed how beautiful and pure she and her thoughts were. She wrapped herself around me, like she was trying to keep me warm. I wrapped my arms around her. She smiled and rested her face on my chest. We were both content.

I rested well last night. My pains are not as bad today as they have been the last few days.

I had a dream where the object of my infatuation was testing me and someone else to see which one of us was optimally compatible with him. My answers were incredibly NF in tone, rambling and emotional and idealistic, and the other girl's answers were concise and unbiased and pragmatic. I kept losing points and no one sympathized with me because they were all thinkers as well, and I tried to tone down the emotion in my responses, but my dream-self wouldn't listen and rambled on and on. It was an uphill battle. I lost.

Last night I dreamed about my friend Serena from high-school. We've since lost touch and I haven't thought of her in ages. Anyway, in my dream she was wearing a pair of those ridiculous Victoria's Secret velour pants that say "LOVE" across the bum or thigh. She smiled secretively and pointed to the logo and said "No, but I really am all love, this is me, I am love." And I believed her. It made perfect sense.

The thing with Serena in real life is that she was (probably still is) a total star. Extremely beautiful with a hundred watt smile (the kind that even extensive orthodontics could never imbue me with). She played the french horn and won some kind of contest that involved her playing the Mozart concerto for French horn with a major orchestra at a major location (I forgot both, but at the time it was a big deal). Anyway, point being is that Serena really was really nice, really beautiful and really talented. And no one could hate her. And no one did. The last I heard of her was that people were looking for her in NYC after 9/11. Apparently she'd been living there and doing some kind of cool thing involving installation art as well as something lucrative. Some people said banker, some people said modeling. A group Serena devotees handed out flyers of her pic and made the rounds in the wake of the disaster. However, it turned out Serena was partying in Belize and had not been tuned into the news or the misconception that she was living and working near WTC in NYC. Relief all around.

So that was my dream. Apparently Serena is Jesus.

Last edited:
I saw a dream where I was spending time with my dad and little brother. We were watching how airplanes will rise to the sky. Only this iron fence was between us and the airport, we were standing on this high rock (about 3-4 meters or so from the ground). One funny thing, though! Usually there's space for safety reasons, like the landing strip isn't exactly next to building, like literally next to it, but in this dream there were all these office buildings next to the landing strip. I had this amazing vision and I saw all very busy business people working inside this very modern-looking white glass building. I even saw all the numbers, after numbers they were pondering about. Haha! :p Like a huuuuge list of numbers, too many to even start to count. Lots of papers and grumpy workers. LOL, I don't know from where I got that amazing detailed vision, I need that IRL too! ><'' Well, anyways, then a bad accident happened... Now the high rock changed to this area where people can sit and watch airplanes rising, few benches there and there. I saw this one specific airplane flying higher and higher from the landing strip, everyone was watching, but... It got up way too early or something, it dropped! It went half, it didn't explode and everyone were like nothing happened! Omg, what's wrong with all these people, ahah... Another part of the airplane flew just ahead us, to the road (2 meters from where we were standing/sitting). The end.

Last night I dreamed about my friend Serena from high-school. We've since lost touch and I haven't thought of her in ages. Anyway, in my dream she was wearing a pair of those ridiculous Victoria's Secret velour pants that say "LOVE" across the bum or thigh. She smiled secretively and pointed to the logo and said "No, but I really am all love, this is me, I am love." And I believed her. It made perfect sense.

The thing with Serena in real life is that she was (probably still is) a total star. Extremely beautiful with a hundred watt smile (the kind that even extensive orthodontics could never imbue me with). She played the french horn and won some kind of contest that involved her playing the Mozart concerto for French horn with a major orchestra at a major location (I forgot both, but at the time it was a big deal). Anyway, point being is that Serena really was really nice, really beautiful and really talented. And no one could hate her. And no one did. The last I heard of her was that people were looking for her in NYC after 9/11. Apparently she'd been living there and doing some kind of cool thing involving installation art as well as something lucrative. Some people said banker, some people said modeling. A group Serena devotees handed out flyers of her pic and made the rounds in the wake of the disaster. However, it turned out Serena was partying in Belize and had not been tuned into the news or the misconception that she was living and working near WTC in NYC. Relief all around.

So that was my dream. Apparently Serena is Jesus.

Perhaps time to reach out.

Another violent dream. Lost in some dark city I turned a corner into the darkest allie I could find. Its funny but once I decided thats what I wanted to do none of them were dark anymore. In my dreams I persue whatever it is I think is trying to scare me these days rather than run away from it as I did when I was younger. Anyway I turned into an ally and found this devil looking creature hiding behind a dumpster. I confronted it and it said I wasnt supposed to be there. They had all hidden to attack me on the street. When I asked who had hidden he said everyone, everyone from hell. I laughed and I said oh what so like 2 of you? Hell isnt real. Then he said with a serious tone...no hell is very real, there are a billion souls and demons in the city waiting for you and you arent supposed to be here. I sneared and said "oh really?!" Lets go and find them. Then i grabbed it by the scruff of the neck dragging it through the street. I busted through walls and into apparments. Screaming "come out cowards! " I began shaking the demon that turned into a stuffed alligator looking doll. When I looked around I was in the lobby of a hotel. Dark and alone. I thought well this might be hell, everything here is scared of me. And then I woke up.

Last edited:
I had a dream where I was back in high school and at a convocation. I had somehow been selected as a stellar student and editor of the school literary magazine, which I had always been frustrated by because of the poor-quality content they published. There was a fancy certificate and everything.

In the midst of that, my English teacher had dyed his hair silver, like some anime character, and my advisor had chunky orange nails that looked really grosteque. I remember being a lot more bubbly than usual because I was excited to see everyone after summer break.

After convocation, while playing basketball, in a dress, no less, a stream of people came up to me and said 'Liam likes you!' I remember feeling a rush of warmth, like the tide slowly creeping upshore, even though I didn't know who Liam was. He was a complete stranger, but he liked me, so I liked him.

The dream started earlier but this is where I begin remember specific events. I was in a car with my father traveling up a Woodland road. Open area on the left where a river or something was. Hill on the right with scattered pine trees. Open areas difficult to see because of tbe hill we were driving up. As we came to the top of a platue the car turned into a golf cart and the platue was a golf course. We drove across the hole to the otherside on the right where there was a fence lining an indent that went far into the ground. My fatfather drove over the fence and it seemed it had been placed there to do just that. A small parking area. In the ground was a huge set of stores. The area below mostly lit by the sun above. Note it seemed like a dimly lit day. There was a bar at the bottom of the hole. I think it said Champs or Cheers. Then thjngs transitioned to where I was on a roof top on a series of houses lining the river on the left. There was a huge party going on.. mostly on the roof tops that had been setup to have speed boats jump onto them from the river. There was a contest to see who could jump and slide across the most roofs without sliding back into the river. Even the boats were designed to have other boats slide over the top of them. People would make their attempt and a loud speaker would call the attempts play by play. People would cheer etc.. As I looked around I saw many TV and movie stars in the crowd and participating. The one I remember the most though was Kristy Allie...I think thats how you spell here name. She was standing on a street side walk next to a house smiling and cheering each boat attempt. Oddly I felt as if I belonged there.
Then I transitioned into a fancy but wide open restaurant where I was sitting on a very long bench that snaked around the left side beginning at the entrance and going towards the back that I could not see the end of. A woman who I remember as being the younger sister of buffy the vampire slayer came up and hung something off my ear. She was smiling and it was like we had known eachother for a long time. She said something like, " see I told you that you completed me." I felt pretty warmly towards her. She said something like arent you going to hold me so I hugged her and she sat down with me and lay in my lap as I hugged her.

What is odd about this dream is the comfort I felt with the whole thing. Like I belonged where I was and thats where I was supposed to be. I did not know anyone in the dream with exception of my father.

I dreamt few days ago that i was in my old college classroom and for some reason there was a huge blob or swollen tongue that kept preventing me from speaking to the class. no matter how hard i tried; i just couldn't speak or the words couldn't come out and my mouth was full. i woke up thinking it was a nasty yet strange dream. the next day i developed a sore throat and still nursing it until now. I realize now that i need to improve and work on my authentic expression; otherwise i could develop into a state of mute and uncomfortable behavior and be stuck in a state of not being able to express my true intentions.

I had a dream where I was told to read a passage from Hamlet out loud and mispronounced every other word in front of all my classmates...my English teacher was trying to be encouraging but I was just so tired and I didn't want to do this and my mouth was not working with my brain. All my classmates stared at me funny. How far can the smartest student fall? They seemed to think as I stumbled.

This happened to me irl a couple of years ago, and I still cringe when I think about it. The teacher was my favorite teacher too, and I had wanted to impress, but failed with my butchered reading. But I don't know why I'm remembering this again with such a feeling of self-loathing.

despite the fact that its been quite a while now since i completed studying phase.. never too serious though.. anyways, when either too stressed or having sound sleep (quite rare).. i had nightmares very close to reality where i am late for exams.. every time with a different cast and crew members(yes i remember faces in my dreams and i have never met any of them before).. only my restless and indefinite efforts remains the same to reach the exam hall on time.. what happens in exams nobody knows.. and when i wake up and open eyes, i say to myself "ohh boy! was just a dream" irrespective of the fact that sometimes there are pitches need to be presented in few hours.. how this is related or any of the other stuff that triggers such nightmares i am still in pursuit.. i have envisioned every possible scenario but none could beat the approaching of such dreamy struggle to be on time..

Just had this dream that was off the hook.
I asked this girl I once knew to marry me. I have no idea why. We hadn't even gone out on a date yet. She said yes. I started asking her things like when she thought she wanted the wedding. She told me because she already had it all planned out. The whole time I was thinking it was crazy because I didnt even kniw her and she didn't know me. She went home at some point and when she left told me she would email me all the details. I realized later I never gave her my email address.
More to the dream... but the big thing is I cant figure out why I asked her to marry me out if the blue. Its something that I wouldn't do or even feel like doing unless I felt like it. And I didn't feel like it.
Crazy.

I had a dream where I was told to read a passage from Hamlet out loud and mispronounced every other word in front of all my classmates...my English teacher was trying to be encouraging but I was just so tired and I didn't want to do this and my mouth was not working with my brain. All my classmates stared at me funny. How far can the smartest student fall? They seemed to think as I stumbled.

This happened to me irl a couple of years ago, and I still cringe when I think about it. The teacher was my favorite teacher too, and I had wanted to impress, but failed with my butchered reading. But I don't know why I'm remembering this again with such a feeling of self-loathing.

Why do you think you are the smartest student?

Why do you think you are the smartest student?

I don't think this irl; I'm the first to admit I don't know anything about a topic. But in the dream, I felt it with such a strong conviction, as if I always thought that way. Maybe I was anxious, and imagined a bigger gap between failure and expectation than in reality?

I don't think this irl; I'm the first to admit I don't know anything about a topic. But in the dream, I felt it with such a strong conviction, as if I always thought that way. Maybe I was anxious, and imagined a bigger gap between failure and expectation than in reality?
Theres nothing to say you are not. I was just interested in why you felt that way.

In school I always felt confused. I did just enough work to past, I never applied myself. I suppose you could say I was fairly intelligent for figuring out how to do just enough work not to fail. Torward the end of High School I wanted to see what would happen if I tried. I received A's and a few B+'s. So much so that I was called into the counselors office a few times. Now, you are normally called in when something isnt going right... I suspect they wanted to know if I was cheating. They asked, "Whats changed", and I told them the truth that I wanted to see what would happen if I actually tried.
Later in college, because I decided I wanted to go and was not being forced I continued to try. I continued to gets A's.

The point is for a long while I felt stupid in school. Looking back its because the teachers were hard to understand IMO. I would ask questions they did not know the answers to. The math teachers would copy lessons out of a book but few if any actually knew how to do the problems much less teach them. Looking back I wonder why I believed it was I that was unintelligent. I think its because the teachers were fine with allowing me to believe that.

Anyway...

I rarely ever remember my dreams so it's weird that I remember this dream from last night.

I was completely naked and trying to save a whole bunch of drowning people one at a time. There was a structure on stilts over the water, made of weathered wood, and it had a window opening with a very tall ladder leading up to it. I kept climbing up this ladder, naked, carrying one person at a time, and they all looked like it was too late, they were already dead. But I kept doing it over and over again. I stopped when I looked on the ledge of the window and saw a dead blue bird.

Thinking about this dream makes me sad.

Dream #1 (last week): I dreamed I was wearing my favorite white jacket, but it was torn and slightly stained at the sleeves. I noticed this fact and decided to wear it anyway. I remember wondering why I was not bothered by this fact as I am usually a bit meticulous. I woke up concerned that it symbolized the Jewish tradition of tearing one's clothing at a funeral.

Dream #2 (last night): I dreamed I was standing next a long shallow pool and a dolphin swam up to me with a ring that I recognized as having lost. It was yellow gold with a green stone (not an emerald). In reality I have never lost or owned such a ring. The dolphin seemed very benevolent to me and even smiled. But he rather playfully swam off with the ring still in his mouth. I jumped in and swam after him. I felt more motivated to be near the dolphin than concerned about getting this ring. At first the water had strands of black seaweed over an otherwise clear surface and blue floor, then I noticed lots of short, fat green snakes that were in the water too. I didn't like them but kept swimming after the dolphin. I woke up feeling slightly yucked out by the stubby snakes, but also with a feeling of peace from the dolphin.